T56-Cobra with a 26 spline input shaft!

dougwg

Established Member
I find your post rather condescending, if this was not your intention, please correct me.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Doug...

No altenate intentions or being condescending at all with you Doug. I was just giving you credit for doing a good job in researching this whole tranny thing for us Terminator owners. If you had anything to do with making this whole upgrade happen, then my personal appreciation is due... I may need this upgrade at some point !!!

I know we have discused other things before where fact and opinions got a little heated so let's just leave it at that and move on !!! I was just thanking you for what you and the fine folks at Liberty trans have done with regards to this whole tranny upgrade. That is all...

Last edited:

BOTLFED98

Established Member
i hope this is still on topic but it's the first thing i saw, my buddy has an '03 that just got a new clutch due to the tob warranty issue....he was tellin me about this input shaft problem and since they didn't sell this part they were just putting new t-56 in customers cars and he heard that there was some place that were selling those t-56s ridiculously cheap! anybody have any clue or info on this??

stang99

For those of us with the broken trannys, any info yet on the construction of the TOB retainer. This is indeed the part shown on circled on the image and it is quite different than the GM version. If I am going to continue to run my car, I need to know that i can get the parts to fix it. The mods to the tranny to increase its input and output shafts capacity are very good things. I shall be waiting to see if a complete kit comes out since a 26 spline clutch disk from Spec is not terribly expensive. But, the TOB retainer issue is currently bothering me a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread