T56 Magnum - How much to shorten driveshaft??

04OWwhipple

Established Member
Just received my T56 magnum. I just have the stock T56 in my car now with a DSS aluminum driveshaft. I gonna have a local shop shorten the driveshaft for me but wanted to see if anybody knew exactly how much to shorten it?? I know it's 1-1.5 inches or so but wanted to see what other people had done on their swaps.

olympic

Established Member
I bought a new driveshaft from PST but it was 1.25" shorter than stock. Guys in the Cobra facebook groups say you can use the stock shaft with a Strange billet yoke and a low profile tail shaft seal. Read the comments here if interested:

04OWwhipple

Established Member
I bought a new driveshaft from PST but it was 1.25" shorter than stock. Guys in the Cobra facebook groups say you can use the stock shaft with a Strange billet yoke and a low profile tail shaft seal. Read the comments here if interested:
Sounds good. That seems to be what I have read the most. I got a Sonnax billet yoke that came with my transmission to put on my driveshaft.

Is there another link to that page? That link doesn't go to anything.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

hotcobra03

Established Member
If you called our shop..

I tell you with suspension loaded..

Or as it sits on wheels.

Put transmission yoke all the way in ,
Pull out 1 inch,
Measure center of ujoint to flat on pinion yoke,,

Than bring me all your pieces and we would built to fit.

olympic

Established Member

IllCobra

Established Member
Sounds good. That seems to be what I have read the most. I got a Sonnax billet yoke that came with my transmission to put on my driveshaft.

Is there another link to that page? That link doesn't go to anything.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
How much did you end up shortening the drive shaft? I need to take my stock driveshaft in to get cut and balanced and have heard the same thing you have - between 1 and 1.5 inches. I also have a Sonnax billet yoke going in.

Users who are viewing this thread