T56 Magnum XL install?

Benchracer

Established Member
The reverse light plug is different than the factory harness. I got everything from JPC. I would call them but they are closed. Was I supposed to get a wiring harness/pigtail? How have you guys that have installed these transmissions wired your reverse lights up to work?

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
The reverse light plug is different than the factory harness. I got everything from JPC. I would call them but they are closed. Was I supposed to get a wiring harness/pigtail? How have you guys that have installed these transmissions wired your reverse lights up to work?

I haven't got the trans yet but I got the speedo calibration box with a pigtail. Not sure if its the same thing. I also ordered mine from JPC.

Benchracer

Established Member
I got the pigtail and speedo box. The pigtail was for the speedometer sensor. Im sure they dont expect me to drive around with no reverse lights. Someone has to have installed one already on here.

KIOTE 5O

Established Member
I had to cut the connector off the original and installed it on the magnum,also you should make it about 10 inches longer because the switch is on the opposite side.

Benchracer

Established Member
Its a standard gm weather pack connector. A good parts store should have them on the shelf.

Thanks chuck. I work at a parts store but due to working 80hrs a week, I am having a buddy install it so I havent even had a chance to look at it. He called and informed me the plugs wouldnt work. Thanks again for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread