T56 Reverse Lockout

SVR-S

TwinPort FR500
Established Member
Anyone who has installed a T56 and tried all the suggestions/remedies to overcome the difficulty of engaging reverse due to reverse lockout solenoid,I have just installed a Reverse Lockout Solenoid Module that removes the problem and brings the car into OEM quality.
Yes,can wire to brake switch,clutch pedal ,seperate switch,all to energise the solenoid,or just brute force to slam gear shifter to overcome spring pressure.Have a look on this website WELCOME - SAMOCO INDUSTRIES and the product explained in full detail.Excellent instructions and wiring diagram,nearly 7ft of cabling so no joining and it does what it says,switch on and solenoid energised,start and select reverse,move above 3 mph and solenoid de-energised.Just like the manufacturer made it.:beer:

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
Nice find SVR-S. I have a t56 in my GT and i wired it to the brake pedal. Im always nervous downshifting to 5th.

SVT_ADDICT

I just did a T56 swap and the proposed spring modification in you link above is DANGEROUS!! I bought my setup from D&D Performance and had a talk with Don Walsh (the owner) and I spoke with the people of Tremec (I actually called the engineering center in Michigan) and both agree that
1) Forcing the trans into gear will destroy the transmission - Don said he sees damaged transmissions coming in where people have forced them
2) Switching the spring in the lockout or cutting the spring shorter as in the link above is DANGEROUS!!! The engineer I spoke with at Tremec warned me that if you do that the trans could go into REVERSE gear AT HIGH SPEED and pretty much you're toast - you rip the whole front end and drive train right out of it - I guess it is a VIOLENT reaction - sort of like a car accident with your own car without hitting anything. Like a bomb going off inside.

Don at D&D has some of the Samoco Reverse Lockout Controller boxes that SVR-S mentioned above. I bought one and it works great. Putting a switch in is stone age, but at least it is safe, but your suggestion above is irresponsible and I am surprised the forum would allow you to propogate something that Tremec literally told me can get you killed.
Gotta be careful who you listen to. You should take that link down or modify the information.

1BAD360R

Established Member
I did one and iirc, I wired it to a switch off the cigarette lighter. Works great and no safety issues has been reported.

bobby_0081

Established Member
I bought the one from accutach. It is a good quality piece and the guy shipped it lightning fast. I wired it up to a power source, installed a 5 amp inline fuse and spliced in to my VSS signal and it wont go in to reverse if the car is moving at more than 5 mph. Before that I wrestled with the shifter and boy am I glad that them days are over.

FIREBALL

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread