Tail light bulb socket

Beavis281

Established Member
So I swapped out my tail lights for smoked ones. After getting new lights mounted, I decided to check and make sure all my bulbs looked good. Had issues with one bulb not working.

I found the metal prongs were missing from the far right socket.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452283764.056745.jpg

Any body here know of a fix besides buying a whole new, right rear, tail light harness?

Wonder if there is one that I can buy with pig tails? Cut stock socket out. Solder in new?

Or do they sell these prongs, and they push in?

Any incite would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
easiest and fastest way to get one is to troll the local pick and pull. Mustangs are a dime a dozen and you can get at the tail lights real easy. If not you can order just the socket from ford and there are a few aftermarket companies that can get them.

Start with
www.car-part.com
search your area and call the salvage yard that shows to have them in the city you live in. Tell them exactly what you need. I can usually get them for 10 or 15 bucks where they are normally a lot more from ford.

As far as the fix is concerned either get the whole harness used and install that way or splice and solder in the replacement socket. Either way will work fine.

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
I just looked at my auto estimating software and the harness shows discontinued from Ford. There are probably some out there but I would find the harness used and get after it.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I would try orielys..

Ford should also sell pigtail

we have a couple pick and pull yards here..which are now seeing lots of mustangs

Beavis281

Established Member
Orileys had the reverse light socket. Nothing in their system for brake light socket.

hotcobra03

Established Member
How about a side view ...

was looking in dorman and motorcraft catalog for 3 wire pig tail...

what are they from..03 shows different type

Users who are viewing this thread