Tail Of Dragon Oct 27th-29th 2006

svtsilverback

Established Member
This Is The Offical Date Of This Meet. We Will Start On Fri The 27th And End On Sun. The 29th. Times And Events Will Be Posted As Soon. Now That The Date Is Set I Can Work On The Events. We Have To Options Here. One We Can Stay In Fontana At The Fontana Village Resort And Be Right On The Dragon. The Second Option Is We Could Stay In Pegion Forge Tn Which Is 30-45mins From The Dragon But Would Have Alot More Things To Do Through Out The Weekend. If You Guys Want Pm Me Some Of Your Contact Info/truck Info I Will Keep A List And Make Contact With You With Event Details. Thanks Guys

svtsilverback

Established Member
http://www.grandresorthotel.com/index.html

check this place out guys and let me know. i have been to a few car shows at this location and was pretty good. great location for food,shows,cruise,etc. we would have to drive to the dragon but we could make that the oct 28th (sat) event. group cruise up and back. just an idea but working on other locations. bonus - rooms start at 69.00 plus aaa discounts on some rooms. keep info coming brian

svtsilverback

Established Member

has a outdoor meeting vacilty. we could use it on fri. for everyone to meet up for the 1st night. sign in area if you will.

just some ideas for events on the dates:

fri the 27th - sign in at hotel / then find a resturant to have dinner / group cruise through pigeon forge and gatlinburg / etc.

sat the 28th - group cruise up to the dragon and roadways around it (we can get some good in car videos,etc.) / do alittle gocart racing back in pigeon forge (replace some of the racing needs for us 1%ers) / group dinner

sun the 29th - group photos / lunch / etc.

this is if we were to stay in pigeon forge. let me know what sounds fun for everyone. i want to make sure this is a fun event and people would want to do it again. if you have a show / event / food that you want to do let us know so maybe we can include it for this meet. thanks brian

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
svtsilverback said:

check this place out guys and let me know. i have been to a few car shows at this location and was pretty good. great location for food,shows,cruise,etc. we would have to drive to the dragon but we could make that the oct 28th (sat) event. group cruise up and back. just an idea but working on other locations. bonus - rooms start at 69.00 plus aaa discounts on some rooms. keep info coming brian

How about the vacation lodge thats across the street. The grand is a very nice place to stay if you want to spend a bloomen fortune. Go to www.mypigeonforge.com . They have a listing for all the Hotels there in the area.

Also PM sent.

ByeOfficer

Fast cop in FL
Established Member
Come on people, get in on the action. If Im driving up from Florida I wanna meet a BUNCH of you all. I have access to a windshield mount so I can do some videoing as well. Doesn't matter to me where we stay (I'll probably use my badge and try to get the Gov't rate anyhow.)

svtsilverback

Established Member
called the grand resort hotel today about group rates. the lady i spoke to stated we need a min. of 10 rooms to get the group discount. the discount is based on the room. also there is a 250 deposit for a block of rooms to be held. if we get more than 10 rooms i would pay for the deposit since the deposit goes towards the person's room who pays for the deposit. they also have a 2nd hotel smokey shadows. the same rules apply but they have a bbq area next to the river. it is first come first serve but we should be able to get it. this hotel is also in pigeon forge. fyi brian

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
I am game for wherever, I am not much on making decisions like this. I'd rather stay in pigeon forge, much more to do there. Could cruise to Gatlinburg and have dinner one night...

What are the room rates?

I am in 100%

ByeOfficer

Fast cop in FL
Established Member
Working the logistics out at work right now. We are a little understaffed and it's gonna be a trick to get it off. We have a baby due Nov14th so maybe I could start my FMLA leave early. Hell, if I can do that they HAVE to give me the time off. Im still floored that the wife said yes. Gonna be a heck of a gas bill towing the car up and back, but I rather do it that way.
I think what I will have to do (pending me getting the days off) is leave Florida at about 4-5am Friday and drive all day. That puts me there about1-2pm.

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Where abouts is Tarpoon Springs, FL? I know if you were to leave from the Dayona Beach area (familar with that drive) that youd make it to the Gatlinburg area around the time you projected easily.

I'm excited.

ByeOfficer

Fast cop in FL
Established Member
Take I-4 West,,through Orlando, follow to Tampa, through Tampa to Clearwater (Gulf of Mexico) Im 10 miles or so north of Clearwater.

We take our family vacations every yr to Cashiers, NC, but I think the route I should take to get to Pigeon Forge will change my route. Usually its:

75 north until Atlanta (yes, I bypass Macon and Atlanta)
85 East to the first exit in SC and head up HWY11 to Cashiers

However, we were up there a couple years ago and we actually left Pigeon Forge to come home. Heck, I think it was pretty much 75 south the whole way home once we got out of the mountains. If anyone knows the correct route from Atlanta (northbound) let me know.

You're excited. Im STOKED. I just hope work cooperates with me on this one.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
So have we decided were we are all staying? Or is there any other ideas to be thrown out into the scheme of things. I know that the Grand Resort Hotel has been mentioned. Are we staying there? Just would like to know. I just live an hour and a half away from there. I usually stay at the Vacation Lodge that is right across the street. It makes no matter to me. I just want to get some Idea of How many guys are going to show up. I do have Triple A. so maybe we can get a better dicount on the rooms when the time comes. Looking forward to meeting you all. Later Jason Algier.

svtsilverback

Established Member
i have been waiting to see if more people wanted to stay in fontana nc or pigeon forge tn. looks like more people are going towards p.g. tn. based on more things to do over the weekend. as soon as we see which location works for the most people i can make a decision on the hotel. keep in mind everyone that i want to know what you would like to do over the weekend. if we go with pg tn does anyone know of a good motel for other than the ones listed above? past exp. w/ the hotel? price and loction etc. thanks brian

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
the grand hotel is where the big car shows are throughout the year in pigeon forge, i think that might be the best place. they have reasonable rates also.

Dbl G

Develop-Mental
Established Member
If anyone is interested (Not to take away from) there will be few of us staying at Fontana,,,With,,

Yes the Famous Sloe Truk Blender.....

slvrlightning

Usual Suspect
Established Member
ByeOfficer said:
Take I-4 West,,through Orlando, follow to Tampa, through Tampa to Clearwater (Gulf of Mexico) Im 10 miles or so north of Clearwater.

We take our family vacations every yr to Cashiers, NC, but I think the route I should take to get to Pigeon Forge will change my route. Usually its:

75 north until Atlanta (yes, I bypass Macon and Atlanta)
85 East to the first exit in SC and head up HWY11 to Cashiers

However, we were up there a couple years ago and we actually left Pigeon Forge to come home. Heck, I think it was pretty much 75 south the whole way home once we got out of the mountains. If anyone knows the correct route from Atlanta (northbound) let me know.

You're excited. Im STOKED. I just hope work cooperates with me on this one.

Here you go straight from Tampa To Pigeon Forge:

If you are coming from Tampa, Montgomery, Birmingham, Macon, Atlanta and Chattanooga, the quickest route is to take I-75 to exit 81 (S.R.95). Go east on 321 through Maryville and Townsend. Continue on Hwy 321--a left turn from Townsend--and pass through Wears Valley to Pigeon Forge.

If you are coming from Charleston, Columbia, Greenville, Spartanburg, Asheville, Jacksonville, Miami and Daytona Beach, take I-26 to I-40 west and the Foothills Parkway exit 443. Turn left onto U.S. 321. Follow U.S. 321 until you reach Gatlinburg. Go to light #3 at the Gatlinburg Parkway, turn right and continue about 5 miles to Pigeon Forge.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread