Take a guess...

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Wouldn't you burning some coolant out the exhaust if the valley was full, visible by checking the plugs?

MG0h3

Established Member
Wouldn't you burning some coolant out the exhaust if the valley was full, visible by checking the plugs?

I would think so. Literally have seen zero smoke/steam, never ran rough.

Only thing I can think of is it is a very small leak and lost it over time so I wouldn’t smell or see it.

Someone suggested the increased boost reading I saw was from high IATs. WB was still at 11.77 so I suppose that’s possible.

Need to dig for the pressure test method and see about sourcing the O rings. Thought I saw that you could get them at Home Depot or something.

Recall seeing the griffin IC was an improvement so if I go in there I may just do that.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MineralCobra

Established Member
When I increased boost I had my IC orings leak. I would loose some coolant each time I went wot and eventually the tank got pressurized to point where it leak coolant on the resevor cap.

I ended ordering cobra eng adapter that is a really nice piece but its pricy.. so far its been ok..

Key point is when installing the intercooler try to ensure is installed centered the holes give it some side to side play and could cause the oem IC adapter tubes and o rings to sit in an angle causing possibility for leaks..

I pressurized my IC tank and when removed blower there was 1 inch of coolant in the valley..

Users who are viewing this thread