TB Rebuild Services?

Woody6799

Established Member
My Gt500 TB is sticking pretty hard and the spring is not pulling it closed anymore and it is causing me some issues. I have it rigged up with a secondary spring for now but I obviously need a rebuild. I tried to email VMP as its their TB, but they haven't answered my email yet. Anyone know of a trusted service? I found the guy below online but I don't know anything about them

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.maxbore.com/

cj428mach

Established Member
Can you open the TB a hair farther to get get past the sticking point?

I believe the Gen 2 setups are better quality as my car idles at 715ish when warm with no sticking. I think Ford Racing makes a GT500 TB with 03-04 cobra mechanical linkage that I'd assume would be very high quality. As you never hear of issues with a Ford/FRPP TB.

Woody6799

Established Member
Can you open the TB a hair farther to get get past the sticking point?

I believe the Gen 2 setups are better quality as my car idles at 715ish when warm with no sticking. I think Ford Racing makes a GT500 TB with 03-04 cobra mechanical linkage that I'd assume would be very high quality. As you never hear of issues with a Ford/FRPP TB.

I haven't messed with the screw, but it shouldn't stick. With the rigged in spring it idles at 750ish, right where it should be so any adjustment would throw it out of whack. I was looking at the new FRPP TB but its another $500 on this set up that has really hit me from every angle...

cj428mach

Established Member
What is your IAC duty cycle when at a warm stablized idle? what is your timing?

If that guys does good work that sounds like a steal what he does.

Woody6799

Established Member
Timing is set at 17.5 degrees. No idea on the iac duty cycle. Would that be effected by the open butterfly? With the helper spring in there now it helps pull it closed and resume a normal idle.

cj428mach

Established Member
Timing is set at 17.5 degrees. No idea on the iac duty cycle. Would that be effected by the open butterfly? With the helper spring in there now it helps pull it closed and resume a normal idle.

I meant spark at idle.

The car uses timing and the IAC to control Idle RPM. Depending upon how hard the IAC is working and what the timing is you might have room to open the idle screw so the blades don't stick and a return spring isn't necessary.

If your timing is at 10 degrees (I think thats the lowest it can go at idle stock but its been a while) and an IAC duty cycle of below 25 you don't have any room to play with the blade.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I have a bad tb on shelf..

It went bad years ago..give code for stuck tb if I install it..

I kept it in hopes of a repair

Woody6799

Established Member
I figured out the stupid tb issue... after removing it to figure out once and for all what I was going to do with it, I found the idle air screw completely detached from the threads and hanging out of the tunnel. I set it, dropped some green loctite on it, and reset the iac to .98. That should be the end of that. Just wanted to update the thread for informational purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread