Tech: 2015 Mustang Boss 302 Intake Manifold Test

STL5OHSLOW

Established Member
The company Fasst would make a killing if they could offer us an intake like they do for the ls cars. With this new hood line of the s550 I hope someone comes out with something for the customer who doesn't want to lower there motor down any farther then it already sits. These cars already sit plenty low and then when you add long tube headers and you have to lower the height of the motor just to fit an aftermarket intake its not what I really want to do but I guess its just the nature of the beast. But I have put plenty fasst intakes on peoples cars and the power they pick up is tremendous I think the company would make a killing. Obviously this will most likely never happen but its just my opinion>:rockon:

Voltwings

Established Member
The fast Design mimics the stock GT manifold. Not sure how much improvement there really is to be had there.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The fast Design mimics the stock GT manifold. Not sure how much improvement there really is to be had there.

That's the thing about the stock Coyote manifold, it's a pretty good design for overall performance. Making the move to a Boss or Cobra Jet requires some sacrifice in low end power.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Is the CJ taller than the boss? How much does the engine need to drop for these to work?

SLO-SVT

Established Member
I thought BAMA already ran the black car with the boss intake? Just wondering what they did to clear the stock hood.

Lagometer

Established Member
And with that, the CAD software hums to life in the aftermarket custom body shops. Fiberglass and Carbon Fiber flows into molds... Fanatical Mustang modders start to vibrate in their computer chairs, reaching out for the magical 500 hp without boost...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread