Teens Drive Hours To Steal Hellcats, Then Wreck Them

oldmodman

Established Member
Could have been worse.

It could have been a Ford dealership. Then they would have killed people just leaving the parking lot.:nonono:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
(Really) dumb young adults doing really dumb things. Prosecute/convict them to the absolute fullest. :nonono:

RX1Cobra

Established Member
How'd they start them? Dealership leave the keys in them?

Zemedici

Established Member
I didn't see it mentioned if they broke into the building for the fobs. If I were a betting man, I would think someone within the dealer or knew where the keys are held, helped this happen.

usually how it goes.

6 years ago when I started at Ford, there was a Dodge Dealership next door. One night 6 crossfires were stolen, 2 were special ordered.

The next day 3 of their newest salesmen quit.

Coincidence? eh.....hahahaha

DropSVT

Established Member
How'd they start them? Dealership leave the keys in them?
Some dealerships are actually dumb enough to put the keys in a small locked black box attached to usually the top of the door or roof. People go at night and break the box off and get them open then drive off into the night. Ive had a dealership near me that had this happen and people were stealing brand new vettes. Thankfully they stopped keeping keys with the cars

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Some dealerships are actually dumb enough to put the keys in a small locked black box attached to usually the top of the door or roof. People go at night and break the box off and get them open then drive off into the night. Ive had a dealership near me that had this happen and people were stealing brand new vettes. Thankfully they stopped keeping keys with the cars

IIRC Carmax, at least the one next to me, does that.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I mean, the way I see it is now there's a handful less cars out there that'll bust my ass. :shrug:

But in all seriousness, shitty situation perpetrated by people who will likely never pay the price they should.

SHOdown220

Established Member

The dealers that use the window box are supposed to remove all keys before closing. they keep the keys in those boxes during operating hours in case they are walking the lot with a customer who wants to see inside several different vehicles. They only need 1 key to open all of the boxes vs going back and forth inside to get each car key

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I'm still surprised that all 3 of them crashed in the same spot lol. I mean how does that even happen? Did they crash into each other?

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
They were either going to chop them or they were going to be used as drug runners/crime cars to be ditched.

jps043

Established Member
Looking forward to seeing what they price these refurbished hellcat's at once they are returned to the lot :pop:

Users who are viewing this thread