Tempted to trade- need advice

RedZR

Established Member
Hello,

I currently own a 2008 GT500 with 16.5k miles and is nearly perfect. I have added a TVS with BAP, KR500 mufflers, a FRPP throttle body and a few other improvements to get to around 620 RWP. The car is fun to drive and I like it a ton....HOWEVER ......a local dealer is offering a good deal on a menacing looking 2018 GT350 and I am tempted to trade if the numbers work out

I have never driven a GT350, but would imagine it will not have the low torque that my GT500 has but its still tempting as it might be a better all around car

Has anyone here switched from a 500 to a 350 and have regrets about doing so?

Thanks very much!
Dan

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I just went from a 760RWHP 14 gt500 to an 18 350R and am very happy with my choice. So far I'm loving everything about the 350 and haven't found any negatives in the short time I've owned it. I personally dont think the 08 will compare to the 350 if you go and drive one, what little it might give up in tq it gains in every other facet

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Wild Wonderful WV! Just traded a modded 2014 GT500 and could not be happier. I am a road course guy so that helps out some. It definitely lacks torgue compared to a 500 but I am not missing it one bit. The thing still flat hauls and man does it turn and brake. I have been thinking of doing an in-depth comparison but have not yet. I may work on it.

Race Red Boss

Established Member
I'd take the 350 out for a test drive as the very first step. Put it through the paces and go from there. Good luck!

Drewsky65

Established Member
DO IT

i also came from a 2013 GT500, i have a a few threads on it here as well. its worth it in almost every way.

zeus79

Established Member
I agree with Race Red Boss. There’s been a couple threads about 500 owners getting into 350’s and not liking the fact the car doesn’t have the low end torque like the 500’s. This is why in my opinion you see used 350’s for sale with fairly low miles.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Established Member
Its unusual to daily drive one, not difficult tho. Most will accumulate below average annual miles. They are great daily cars but they just don't get used that way in most cases. I did really like both my GT500's, but compared to the GT350, I'd not go back to either

I'd only choose GT3, Viper GTS, Ferrari, Lambo, ZR1, from the R. Mostly only for track purposes and variety.

Drewsky65

Established Member
Lots of mustang fans and previous Shelby owners are moving to the "much less torqie" absolutely no low end power, feels much much slower GT350. I made the move and never looked back, I very surprisingly don't miss the 2013 500 as much as i thought I would. I don't want to repeat my self over and over here because I have posted this many times before. The GT350 Does everything!

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Its unusual to daily drive one, not difficult tho. Most will accumulate below average annual miles. They are great daily cars but they just don't get used that way in most cases. I did really like both my GT500's, but compared to the GT350, I'd not go back to either

I'd only choose GT3, Viper GTS, Ferrari, Lambo, ZR1, from the R. Mostly only for track purposes and variety.

Guess I'm the oddball, my R is my daily driver as were my 3 previous gt500's. I thought about getting a beater to daily but it puts a smile on my face daily driving my Shelby

usaf_branham

Established Member
I daily my 350 just like I daily’d my procharged ‘15 GT, and my KB(11psi)/Cammed/FBO ‘04 GT before I sold them... the 350 has very mild street manners until you wind it up (reminds me of a 2 stroke dirtbike). I can’t speak to the 500, but having had a PD blown 2v, a centri blown coyote, and now a stock voodoo, I can say that overall, the 350 is an extremely well balanced car and very fun to drive. I do miss the low end torque of the KB and I also miss the stupid top-end pull of the procharger, but the 350 is more of an overall racecar than both. Don’t get me wrong, my procharged ‘15 was faster stop light to stop light and on the strip... but this is more predictable in every way and pretty damm quick. When I eventually pay it off, it’s getting a Whipple to make up for what it lacks... lol.

I’m not going to say “do it” because I haven’t driven a GT500... but I love my 350.

08vapor500

Established Member
Do it man! I just went from a 635 RWHP 11 GT500 with 15k miles to a 2016 race red 350. Best decision i have ever made and i daily drive it.

alan0614

Established Member
Lots of mustang fans and previous Shelby owners are moving to the "much less torqie" absolutely no low end power, feels much much slower GT350. I made the move and never looked back, I very surprisingly don't miss the 2013 500 as much as i thought I would. I don't want to repeat my self over and over here because I have posted this many times before. The GT350 Does everything!

I came out of a 11 GT500, in first few drives in the 350 I was missing the low end torque. But it really wasn't long before I fell in love with the 350. I found that the 350 becomes a totally different car above 4,000 RPM. It comes alive at 4k and then you just keep on running it out. Getting used to a car with a 8,200 redline was interesting as well. I kept short shifting because of the GT500 redline, listening to the exhaust at 7,500 is amazing.

I have no regrets, I do wish I could have kept the 500 but it wasn't financially wise.

Docscurlock

Established Member
I have a 07 GT500 and a 16 GT350, I would keep the 350 if I had to flip one or the other. They both have good qualities but the 350 is a unique car, very trackable, high revving blast to drive. The 500 is a straight line cruiser with power to sit you back in the seat and make you hold on. Actually very hard to compare the 2. Kinda like comparing a camaro with a stingray.

Docscurlock

Established Member
snakepit3.jpg Thought I'd throw a pic up for you guys

Docscurlock

Established Member
I actually put more miles on the 500 this year because I couldn't make it to the track except once because of work. My wife and I like to take it for cruises and drive somewhere at least an hour away for lunch or dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread