terlingua cobra spotted in central texas

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
The shop says it is a real documented car #7 of !0 made. Looks pretty legit to me. What do you guys think? The shop is fixing some fiberglass damage on the right front corner.

iumq.jpg

je03.jpg

icdi.jpg

vtd2.jpg

eb6f.JPG

Last edited:

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
looks pretty legit to me. The shop said the owner claims it was a very expensive investment. Evidently he was racing and crashed into another 427 Cobra. I damn sure would not want to crash that thing.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
"Real" may mean it's a Shelby factory produced car, but it's certainly not vintage. Vintage Cobras are aluminum bodied, not fiberglass. Shelby has done some fiberglass bodied Cobras with late model CSX numbers. It could be built by several other reputable Cobra places too.. like SuperFormance, ERA, etc.

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
"Real" may mean it's a Shelby factory produced car, but it's certainly not vintage. Vintage Cobras are aluminum bodied, not fiberglass. Shelby has done some fiberglass bodied Cobras with late model CSX numbers. It could be built by several other reputable Cobra places too.. like SuperFormance, ERA, etc.

I figured someone with more knowledge of these type cars would chime in. Fiberglass looks pretty fresh to me but shop says owner swears the car is true blue.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
I figured someone with more knowledge of these type cars would chime in. Fiberglass looks pretty fresh to me but shop says owner swears the car is true blue.

I've been around many vintage Cobras, as well as late model, and I owned a SuperFormance 427 myself.

Chances are that is a "limited edition" CXS4000 series Cobra by Shelby Motors, built in 2012. Some had 289s, and some had 427s. They have nowhere near the value of an early CSX Cobra, but still worth some coin due to it being a Shelby built Cobra.

Here is my old Cobra...

spfnu4.jpg

Wait until ROMM sees this thread, and posts up HIS old Cobra BEAST!

Last edited:

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member

This is correct. A "Real" cobra, but not "original".

It does appear to be a Shelby car, CSX serial number, in the registry.

E

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread