Terminator Cobra very hard clutch [solved]

Cos

Established Member
Probably no surprise to anyone who has already gone through this, but if anyone is doubting a hard clutch could be because of a cable I am here to tell you otherwise. I am hoping I can convince you to spend the $150 and get it fixed.

I was having the same issues with my clutch pedal effort. So much so that I actually twisted my knee and my wife could no longer drive the car (she had to pull on the steering wheel). It was getting so bad that I was considering a hydraulic conversion. I figured that a cable couldn't make that much of a difference and something else had to be wrong. I emailed Jack at Maximum Motorsports and explained what was going on. In what I am sure is an almost cut/paste response since I am sure so many people complain about it, he told me to check a few different things but that it is usually the clutch cable. I had an after market cable, quadrant, and adjuster but not from MM.

I received it last week and I have to tell you that I am a believer. I just about put my foot through the floor and this is with a stage 2 ACT. Bought the entire kit from Maximum Motorsports and just finished installing it. Cannot get over how different it is. Just had to share.

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
I had issues with new cable and hard to push pedal. .

I snapped 3 of them ..

on 4th..oiled cable and now its easier than a hydraulic clutch

hotcobra03

Established Member
Is that with the OEM cables?

Both..oem and heavy duty..

it was breaking on ends of casing..not the cable..

After new clutch I knew it had to be something stupid..

Seen some info from google search and seen oil cable before install. .

Cos

Established Member
Both..oem and heavy duty..

it was breaking on ends of casing..not the cable..

After new clutch I knew it had to be something stupid..

Seen some info from google search and seen oil cable before install. .

Wow that is amazing. What type of oil did you use? I don't need it but perhaps someone who will find this will.

I have always read OEM cable and OEM throw out bearing only. All others are junk.

Yeah I read that after I install my aftermarket ones. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread