Terminator Future Value Opinions

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Well, the dream/idea is dead for now. I found an 88 Fox Body police interceptor with every option I was looking for to include the rare tan interior. Damn!!! I wanted that Fox LOL.

1988 Fox 01.jpg
1988 Fox 02.jpg
1988 Fox 03.jpg
1988 Fox 04.jpg

They are asking $26K for the Fox Body. I told them I would trade my 03 Vert for it. I provided them all the information they requested on my car and they stated my 03 Cobra Vert trade in value is $16K. I looked it up and according to Carfax they are right, but the retail value is listed by Carfax as $28K.

I basically want to do an even swap. I told them if they are not willing to raise my trade in value and lower their asking price on the 88 then I wouldn't be able to do the deal. They said have a nice day LOL.

Oh well. Fate may be intervening here. Never thought I would see a situation where a Fox Body is worth more than a Terminator.........

LS WUT

Established Member
Well, the dream/idea is dead for now. I found an 88 Fox Body police interceptor with every option I was looking for to include the rare tan interior. Damn!!! I wanted that Fox LOL.

View attachment 1774049View attachment 1774050View attachment 1774051View attachment 1774052

They are asking $26K for the Fox Body. I told them I would trade my 03 Vert for it. I provided them all the information they requested on my car and they stated my 03 Cobra Vert trade in value is $16K. I looked it up and according to Carfax they are right, but the retail value is listed by Carfax as $28K.

I basically want to do an even swap. I told them if they are not willing to raise my trade in value and lower their asking price on the 88 then I wouldn't be able to do the deal. They said have a nice day LOL.

Oh well. Fate may be intervening here. Never thought I would see a situation where a Fox Body is worth more than a Terminator.........
Well as been stated many many times before. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I’ll show you in perspective what I’ve been offered for my 19k mile coupe.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Well as been stated many many times before. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I’ll show you in perspective what I’ve been offered for my 19k mile coupe.

I get it sir. Thank you for providing some perspective. My Vert has 77K miles on it. It's in GREAT shape, but I understand the dealerships perspective as well. They are in it to make money, not just swap cars.

I was under the impression the values were reversed. Meaning my Vert was worth more than their Fox. Then they could make the trade and end up making more profit by selling my Vert.

Guess that's what happens when we make assumptions LOL.

LS WUT

Established Member
I get it sir. Thank you for providing some perspective. My Vert has 77K miles on it. It's in GREAT shape, but I understand the dealerships perspective as well. They are in it to make money, not just swap cars.

I was under the impression the values were reversed. Meaning my Vert was worth more than their Fox. Then they could make the trade and end up making more profit by selling my Vert.

Guess that's what happens when we make assumptions LOL.
I’ll put it to you like this. I’d guarantee you sell your cobra for $25k before they sell that Notch for $26k. Foxbodys are great cars, however they’re for the limited group of people who know as much as a majority of members on here. However this forum is based on knowledgeable members, not the average Joe. I’d bet a vast majority of people who see that car, go what the hell is an old ass 30+ year old car doing for $26k. It’s a beautiful car, I’ll give it that. However do I feel like it’s $26k? Personally not really. I picked my 88 notch up for $5,400 in 2018. Car was not perfect, paint wasn’t great, had more rattle can spots than I could imagine. I bought it at 2am pretty much sight unseen. However it was an original, 5.0 5 speed, power windows, locks, A/C car with the light grey cloth seats. So to me I bought it for the interior which was in amazing shape.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I’ll put it to you like this. I’d guarantee you sell your cobra for $25k before they sell that Notch for $26k. Foxbodys are great cars, however they’re for the limited group of people who know as much as a majority of members on here. However this forum is based on knowledgeable members, not the average Joe. I’d bet a vast majority of people who see that car, go what the hell is an old ass 30+ year old car doing for $26k. It’s a beautiful car, I’ll give it that. However do I feel like it’s $26k? Personally not really. I picked my 88 notch up for $5,400 in 2018. Car was not perfect, paint wasn’t great, had more rattle can spots than I could imagine. I bought it at 2am pretty much sight unseen. However it was an original, 5.0 5 speed, power windows, locks, A/C car with the light grey cloth seats. So to me I bought it for the interior which was in amazing shape.

I'm with you 100%. When I talked to the guy he told me they would appraise my Vert and if it was worth more than the Fox they would give me the Fox AND cut me a check. To be honest I wasn't looking for that to be a reality. But to say my 03 Vert is valued $10K less than that Fox surprised me.

That Fox has been up for sale for a few weeks now. So, your theory is valid.

Now, since what I am looking for in a Fox Body is very rare, in my book, I'm willing to pay a little more to get what I want. I have not been scouring the Earth looking for a Fox, but I do occasionally check to see what's out there. Since I sold my 89GT in 2002 I have seen 2, yes only 2, Fox Bodies with tan interior for sale (and this 88 has power everything, 5.0 and 5 SPD and the all important tan interior for me).

Of the 2 I have seen one was a clone of my 89GT which was the darker red with titanium trim and had the tan interior. Looked just like my old one, but I wasn't ready to buy yet. Had to let it go. And now this Police Interceptor.

So, at this point I'm willing to trade my 03 Vert for this Fox, but I'm not willing to trade my 03 Vert AND give them cash for this Fox.

Although I really want this Fox, I have to go about this smartly and not purely off emotion. I have already learned buying off pure emotion will bite you in the @$$ every time.

LS WUT

Established Member
I'm with you 100%. When I talked to the guy he told me they would appraise my Vert and if it was worth more than the Fox they would give me the Fox AND cut me a check. To be honest I wasn't looking for that to be a reality. But to say my 03 Vert is valued $10K less than that Fox surprised me.

That Fox has been up for sale for a few weeks now. So, your theory is valid.

Now, since what I am looking for in a Fox Body is very rare, in my book, I'm willing to pay a little more to get what I want. I have not been scouring the Earth looking for a Fox, but I do occasionally check to see what's out there. Since I sold my 89GT in 2002 I have seen 2, yes only 2, Fox Bodies with tan interior for sale (and this 88 has power everything, 5.0 and 5 SPD and the all important tan interior for me).

Of the 2 I have seen one was a clone of my 89GT which was the darker red with titanium trim and had the tan interior. Looked just like my old one, but I wasn't ready to buy yet. Had to let it go. And now this Police Interceptor.

So, at this point I'm willing to trade my 03 Vert for this Fox, but I'm not willing to trade my 03 Vert AND give them cash for this Fox.

Although I really want this Fox, I have to go about this smartly and not purely off emotion. I have already learned buying off pure emotion will bite you in the @$$ every time.
I agree with @5.0 Hatch if you have the funds readily available for you to not be in. Financial hardship. I don’t know your situation, nor would I want to speculate. However that’s food for thought. If you were closer I’d just give you my foxbody to fart around with so you could keep your cobra. If I’m being honest I don’t even have mine in my possession. Close friend of mine has had it for like a year. I pay insurance, and do the maintenance on her. Just limited space for me currently, I’ve even tossed just letting it go for like $5k in the contingency he sells it back for that price.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
If the fox is worth the price to you and it sounds like it is, why not buy it and just sell your 03 on your own?

I agree with @5.0 Hatch if you have the funds readily available for you to not be in. Financial hardship. I don’t know your situation, nor would I want to speculate. However that’s food for thought. If you were closer I’d just give you my foxbody to fart around with so you could keep your cobra. If I’m being honest I don’t even have mine in my possession. Close friend of mine has had it for like a year. I pay insurance, and do the maintenance on her. Just limited space for me currently, I’ve even tossed just letting it go for like $5k in the contingency he sells it back for that price.

Because I don't have the cash to buy it out right. I would have to get a loan (and I'm pretty sure no bank will loan $26K on an 88 LX). Or I could get an unsecured loan at a ridiculous interest rate. Then I would have to wait until someone buys my Vert.

Being the holidays and with the economy in the gutter I'm not sure an 03 Vert is high on people's priority list right now. After all, it's a vert and silver. Not very desirable in the Cobra world.

The best way to do it is sell the Vert first, then use the funds from the sale to buy a Fox. I wasn't seriously looking until I happened to see this particular Fox Body. So, I was trying to work it from an angle that worked best for me right now.

That sounds awesome @LS WUT . I would love to drive your Fox and confirm my wish to have one or get it out of my system LOL.... Pretty sure it would confirm my desire to have one LOL. I have great memories of my 89GT.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I paid 17k for my 90 fhp ssp back in 2019. Back then it was more than I wanted to spend on it. At least now I have it agreed value at 25k.

People on Facebook ask me all the time if I'd sell it. But they also probably think it's only worth 15k.

At the end of the day it's worth whatever you're willing to pay.

Glenn:. But you could sell your cobra outright and have the cash from that when the right car shows up. No?

02209ea79c24e99bbe59703bd54cc5a4.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hahanice

Established Member
Just chiming in as someone who buys and sells a lot of cars… and recently started buying cars in cash (meaning having to sell my cars BEFORE buying something new). I always get caught thinking I am in a rush because the car I am looking at is the one and that no other car like it will ever come around again. That never turns out to be true, a great car always comes around, and after I buy a car I always find great cars that keep popping up.

Sell the vert and be patient. I also think the current market dynamics are changing so sell the vert ASAP

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I paid 17k for my 90 fhp ssp back in 2019. Back then it was more than I wanted to spend on it. At least now I have it agreed value at 25k.

People on Facebook ask me all the time if I'd sell it. But they also probably think it's only worth 15k.

At the end of the day it's worth whatever you're willing to pay.

Glenn:. But you could sell your cobra outright and have the cash from that when the right car shows up. No?

02209ea79c24e99bbe59703bd54cc5a4.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
Hello Brady. Yes, selling the Vert first and THEN buying the right Fox is the best and correct way to do it.

Problem is I have not been seriously looking for a Fox and have not planned accordingly. I look at Fox Bodies every once in a while just to see what's out there with no real intention of pulling the trigger as most have the dreaded red interior or the common grey interior.

I just happened to come across this LX that has everything I'm looking for. So, this is a knee jerk reaction to trying to buy this LX.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Just chiming in as someone who buys and sells a lot of cars… and recently started buying cars in cash (meaning having to sell my cars BEFORE buying something new). I always get caught thinking I am in a rush because the car I am looking at is the one and that no other car like it will ever come around again. That never turns out to be true, a great car always comes around, and after I buy a car I always find great cars that keep popping up.

Sell the vert and be patient. I also think the current market dynamics are changing so sell the vert ASAP

I agree with you in theory and in principle hahanice. However, my situation is a little different as I'm looking for a Fox Body in specific years (87-89) and with very specific options as a whole. (coupe or hatch, 5.0, 5 SPD, tan interior, A/C and PWR everything).

I look at Fox Body cars every now and then to see if I find said car. As mentioned above I have been doing this ever since I traded my 89GT and since 2002 I have only come across 2 Fox Body cars that checks every box on my wish list. Yes, only 2 in 20 years the way I'm searching randomly and inclusively.

So, although I do agree my way of going about trying to purchase this particular Fox is not the correct or smart way to do it, it is my only option/recourse at this time.

If this Fox gets away, then yes, what you and @Bdubbs says is the way I should go about this in the future. And thank you for chiming in sir. Your personal experience is of great help.

RickJay

Established Member
Greetings everyone, I been a member on SVTP for a long tim, but haven’t been on in quite a while. Just l am just looking for some informal opinions on what my 03 10th Anniversary might be realistically worth. Super clean, 36K miles. Minimal Mods, porters blower, JLT intake, polished exhaust, Rovos wheel, Niito’s etc.

I‘m thinking about jumping into something different, and just an ideas of what the market is.

Attachments

• B35DD540-E9AA-4778-8555-30B961CB6B85.jpeg
    B35DD540-E9AA-4778-8555-30B961CB6B85.jpeg
    555.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 215D5526-FCEE-48C2-A7CD-BAA44439FE68.jpeg
    215D5526-FCEE-48C2-A7CD-BAA44439FE68.jpeg
    500.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 14AAE400-60DD-4FCA-868B-5D9529DF0BBC.jpeg
    14AAE400-60DD-4FCA-868B-5D9529DF0BBC.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 53
  • A36722C6-8B64-413A-8316-2F0B4AF506BB.jpeg
    A36722C6-8B64-413A-8316-2F0B4AF506BB.jpeg
    490.4 KB · Views: 53
  • FA7932A5-C0FC-4A32-86B1-35572D7B34D8.jpeg
    FA7932A5-C0FC-4A32-86B1-35572D7B34D8.jpeg
    467.2 KB · Views: 48

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Greetings everyone, I been a member on SVTP for a long tim, but haven’t been on in quite a while. Just l am just looking for some informal opinions on what my 03 10th Anniversary might be realistically worth. Super clean, 36K miles. Minimal Mods, porters blower, JLT intake, polished exhaust, Rovos wheel, Niito’s etc.

I‘m thinking about jumping into something different, and just an ideas of what the market is.
I’ll give ya $5.

I would say minimum $30k…probably more since it’s pretty low. $35k maybe…? I have a vert too and they seems to lower the value.

Users who are viewing this thread