Terminator vs. Everything else

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
It all comes down to what you want and what you can affor. I am on my third 03/04 cobra and live these cars. They are fun to drive and look good. But in the end they are a ford mustang. They are cheap built cars and can't compare to a bmw or similar.

03Cobra1979

Established Member
I have been driving my cobra all winter long with no problems. I make really close to 500RWHP if not more. I blew the motor in my pwerstroke so I have had no choice but to drive this car in everything from ice storms to rain to snow. If you are not idiot the car drives fine. Just because it has 500RWHP does not mean you have to use it all in the snow and rain.

jasonpalamar

Established Member
Termi's are sweet cars that are already FI. You can do alot with them but compaired to the Z06, the Z is better in everyway. Just my 2 cents. If you buy a used Z06, make sure it has a new clutch because it is about 15 hours of work to do one, you gotta drop the whole rear and all.

jasonpalamar

Established Member
My GTO drives good all year round. Had it in rain, snow, and ice. No real complaints. The car is a money pit though. The few things that break are alot and mods aren't cheap. But it is the best DD for the power you can find.

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
Eh, coming into an '03/'04 Cobra forum and asking about our cars vs. other cars...you should probably be ready for a predictable response. Know your audience before you get up to perform, and hyping other cars in here will probably get you flamed, because of a built-in bias we have for our Cobras. It is what it is I guess. There are lots of cars i love but I don't pimp them in here.

Terminators have a cult following because of the insane amount of power they make per dollars invested. Their handling, build-quality, comfort, etc. are all debatable. But for bang-per-buck on pure power they are very tough to beat. Not to mention you can get them routinely under $20K now.

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
Eh, coming into an '03/'04 Cobra forum and asking about our cars vs. other cars...you should probably be ready for a predictable response. Know your audience before you get up to perform, and hyping other cars in here will probably get you flamed, because of a built-in bias we have for our Cobras. It is what it is I guess. There are lots of cars i love but I don't pimp them in here.

Terminators have a cult following because of the insane amount of power they make per dollars invested. Their handling, build-quality, comfort, etc. are all debatable. But for bang-per-buck on pure power they are very tough to beat. Not to mention you can get them routinely under $20K now.

+1000:rockon:

xxForgedxx

Established Member
+1000:rockon:

I can live with the cheap feel, I've been down the fast and cheap road before. What about handling? What does it take to make one handle competently? Would a set of coilovers call it good or is there much more to it. I don't care if a car feels heavy as long as it can still handle pretty well.

tim87tr

Maximum Torque Mission
Established Member
solution

Your perfect vehicle is a H/C/I LTs C6 with GTO interior, cost and torque of Cobra, that would seat 4 and have EVO AWD for winter driving:)

Seriously try to research what works best for you, drive the cars you consider, and one that is affordable for you. Good Luck

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Since I have driven a 2006 Z-06 (son-in-laws, I can objectively comment on at least the Terminator to the 2006 - 2009 Z-06. I honestly would choose my old '03 Cobra over his '06 Z-06. They're very different. Each has their good points and not-so good points. I just never feel comfortable driving the Z. Even though it is much lighter, it just "feels" heavier behind the wheel. Maybe it's the seating position and width of the Z. I don't know. And even though my Terminator and his Z would be just about equal on the track, my Terminator felt faster. Likely in part due to the blower characteristics and exhaust. I also preferred my Cobra interior.

Others love the Z-06 and would switch to one in a heartbeat. Just personal preferences. So in deciding which car to buy on your list, my recommendation would be to decide what your greatest needs are, what your budget is, what your operating costs would be, and which one just feels the best. So test driving, if possible, would be a big plus.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
i have a 436ci stroker c5 vette over 600Hp 1/4 mile in high 10's low 11's, im sellin it to buy a terminator the car has TO MUCH POWER and i come from turbo vipers and s/c bmw m3.. so it is possible to have to much power... 95mph pop it in 3ed gear and smoke the entire area with a 100ft black mark... but im sellin to buy a cobra with a kb 2.8 and 595rwhp... so well see how they compare my payments will almost go in half haha

Looks to me like somebody needs some better tires :poke:

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
for the money and power you can make as well as looks, evos and cobras are good deals..... start talking about c6 zo6 that is a lot more money. as well as a new bmw m3. s2000's are just so cheap inside. a fun car and quick.

with the right amount of money you can make anything fast. just dont get something you cant afford.

Venomm

Established Member
My current vette will outrun c6 z06 so its possible to make ANY car faster than a c6 z06 but from the factory to have a car that fast is amazing...

as for the tires on the vette they are BFG G FORCE... the worst traction tire, i thought the RunFlats were bad that we had before...

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
As far as the handling goes at the track the cobras tend to be able to handle the evo, sti's and the lotus fairly easily. The cobras obviously have some suspension mods, springs, shocks etc., buy often not as modded as the other cars. Ideal hp for a road course cobra is probably around 550 or so, so small whipple or kb do real well.

So if you are looking for a car that can be easily modded for road course or drag strip cobras are hard to beat. Oh, by the way lots of stock block cobras running in the 9's on the drag strip.

Just food for thought.

Users who are viewing this thread