Terminator Vs Evo 9 Goes Down Hard

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
^^^ :bs: :bs: :bs: with the mods you have you should only be around 300-330awhp there is no way you are pulling off high 10's with just those mods, here in orlando there is a E85 evo that has weight reduction, full turbo back exhaust, boost controller bigger fmic etc.....and dyno tuning from CFT he runs low 11's with slicks. i have seen it in person! CFT also has an STi that has a GT35R with supporting mods and on high boost his best pass was a 10.4 @ 130+mph.......you are gonne tell me you run high 10's???? what do you trap then? i gurrantee you raced a CAI catback cobra and that is all. only reason you might win on the track with that "11 sec car" is because you have the advantage of all wheel drive dude........all i have to say is post up some vids of this 10 sec car!!!

EDIT: this thread is almost 3 months old......who the **** dug it up?

Wow, regardless of who dug it up, maybe you should read the ENTIRE thread before putting your useless two cents in. The guy he raced has been posting in it, and it is in fact a KB car, and the OP does infact make the power and run the times that he's claimed. He may have more mods then listed, but they are not major power producing mods, they are called supporting mods.

He makes the power and runs the times with pulling every last bit of boost/airflow out of that stock turbo. It goes that same as eaton cars running better then twin screw cars. Or a cam only ls1 running better then H/C cars (I've seen that MANY times).

Its a matter of having the entire car dialed in. Let me guess, a blower olny, eaton terminator cant run in the 9s with a around 500-525 RWHP either?

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Wow, regardless of who dug it up, maybe you should read the ENTIRE thread before putting your useless two cents in. The guy he raced has been posting in it, and it is in fact a KB car, and the OP does infact make the power and run the times that he's claimed. He may have more mods then listed, but they are not major power producing mods, they are called supporting mods.

He makes the power and runs the times with pulling every last bit of boost/airflow out of that stock turbo. It goes that same as eaton cars running better then twin screw cars. Or a cam only ls1 running better then H/C cars (I've seen that MANY times).

Its a matter of having the entire car dialed in. Let me guess, a blower olny, eaton terminator cant run in the 9s with a around 500-525 RWHP either?

no there are 9 sec eaton cobra's......you think im gonna sit here and re-read 14 pages of crap......if the evo is a 10 sec car where is the vid of it running that?

UncleAnt

Established Member
obviously this thread is old but there is a ton of ignorance

its really pretty normal to run bottom 11's on a stock motor and turbo evo with a good tune and a decent driver.AWDmotorsports in coral springs Florida is the best evo tuner in the country and they hold all the records after only being in the evo game for 2yrs.derick(diirk) the tuner of the op's car is awesome and has tuned quite a few of my friends cars with awesome results.its not uncommon to see 450 hp on a stock turbo and motor evo with just meth or e85 with the simple boltons he has listed.the 9 has came with a mivec head which is alot better than the head on the 8's.thats the reason the 9 doesnt need cams although a 8 with a nice set of bumpsticks works just as well. for all the doubters check out evolutionm.net theres only a few thousand owners and tuners that can prove you wrong.

i sold my mustang to get a evo just because of the potential they have as a awesome daily and track car.

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
no there are 9 sec eaton cobra's......you think im gonna sit here and re-read 14 pages of crap......if the evo is a 10 sec car where is the vid of it running that?

No one claimed that he's run 10s (atleast not that I can remember, it has been 3 months, lol), he's working on hitting a 10 on the stock turbo (it has been done by others already), and has gone bottom 11s already.

Many people underestimate what can be done with those cars with minimal mods. Just because someone throws a shitload of parst at a car, does not automatically mean that he is going to out perform the guy with less parts that has the car set up right.

And sorry if I came off like a dick, but this thread is full of very similar comments like yours. He may not have disclosed EVERY SINGLE mod, but he posted the major mods. He was not bieng deceptive, just not beieng redundant posting the givens. It is OBVIOUS that he has more boost then stock to perform like that, but poeple were crying thet he didn't list the boost level....etc.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
No one claimed that he's run 10s (atleast not that I can remember, it has been 3 months, lol), he's working on hitting a 10 on the stock turbo (it has been done by others already), and has gone bottom 11s already.

Many people underestimate what can be done with those cars with minimal mods. Just because someone throws a shitload of parst at a car, does not automatically mean that he is going to out perform the guy with less parts that has the car set up right.

And sorry if I came off like a dick, but this thread is full of very similar comments like yours. He may not have disclosed EVERY SINGLE mod, but he posted the major mods. He was not bieng deceptive, just not beieng redundant posting the givens. It is OBVIOUS that he has more boost then stock to perform like that, but poeple were crying thet he didn't list the boost level....etc.

i get what you are saying and he did say he runs 10's -
Raped? What does a ported blower cobra run? I run low 11 to high 10's

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
obviously this thread is old but there is a ton of ignorance

its really pretty normal to run bottom 11's on a stock motor and turbo evo with a good tune and a decent driver.AWDmotorsports in coral springs Florida is the best evo tuner in the country and they hold all the records after only being in the evo game for 2yrs.derick(diirk) the tuner of the op's car is awesome and has tuned quite a few of my friends cars with awesome results.its not uncommon to see 450 hp on a stock turbo and motor evo with just meth or e85 with the simple boltons he has listed.the 9 has came with a mivec head which is alot better than the head on the 8's.thats the reason the 9 doesnt need cams although a 8 with a nice set of bumpsticks works just as well. for all the doubters check out evolutionm.net theres only a few thousand owners and tuners that can prove you wrong.

i sold my mustang to get a evo just because of the potential they have as a awesome daily and track car.

i thought AMS and CFT were the best go to evo guys :shrug: and for the record AMS and CFT are the record holders for both quickest 1/8th and 1/4th mile and power output via awhp :) just a quick pass by the ams,cft and titan built evo [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5AZqqVRrWM"]YouTube- CFT/Procco EVO running 9.00 s @ 159mph[/ame]
my point is CFT is the best hands down for tuning and building (shop is 4 miles from my place)

Last edited:

UncleAnt

Established Member
i thought AMS and CFT were the best go to evo guys :shrug:

actually buschur racing and awdmotorsports are the best tuners out

ams makes great stuff but are way way overpriced compared to a buschur product that is just as good if not better. most of their cars(ams) dont make shit for power/times on pump gas because all they care about are dyno numbers

the only reason everyone likes cft is they love to tune for power and they had tuned the proccolino evo which made awesome numbers.they have decent tunes for sure but are no where near the best for evo's they are just a decent overall tuner

awdmotorsports has only been around for alittle over 2 yrs and they hold every record that matters.all of the cars they tune/build are super safe but make great power and usually can back it up at the track.their aem tuner crisspeed will throw any other tuner out the window with his skills.all of the employees have evo's that are modded and run amazing times at the track.derick the tuner of the ops car ran bottom 10' s on a stock motor transfer case with a red turbo and normal boltons.the reason i would trust them so much is because they live what they do.most tuners dont do this and to me its like going to a tuner for a honda that drives a big block chevy,why would anyone do that? i feel more at piece that they hold the records and they actually have what they build

sorry bud still a street car too

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuT3P5Sb2us"]YouTube- AWD Motorsports Evo RS.. 1st Evo Street Car in the 8's!!![/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94coa4VechU&feature=related"]YouTube- AWD Motorsports Evo GSR [email protected]!!! US Quickest 4g63 Evo!!![/ame]

Last edited:

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
^^^ my last resort....my dad can beat up your dad! :beer: i have heard a lot of positive feedback from buschur racing. i have a friend on xboxlive that owns a quick evo and everypart on his car is from them. his name is austin but everyone knows him as Mellonpopr aka mellon tuning evo. he does e-mail tunes

Last edited:

UncleAnt

Established Member
^^^ my last resort....my dad can beat up your dad! :beer:

lol its all good im a evo fanboy at heart thats why im buying one now.ams and cft do good work but as i said all the records that matter to me are awd's.theres faster cars out but not a street car with full interior that can be driven daily :beer:

i know the mellon cars they are pretty quick

Last edited:

Felix

Established Member
^^^ my last resort....my dad can beat up your dad! :beer: i have heard a lot of positive feedback from buschur racing. i have a friend on xboxlive that owns a quick evo and everypart on his car is from them. his name is austin but everyone knows him as Mellonpopr aka mellon tuning evo. he does e-mail tunes

Mellon = Chris I thought.

SilverSteed

Established Member
That evo should not be putting down anything above 400whp and that's being charitable (probablyly like 330). You can run 30psi on that turbo but it's all hot air at that point. 24ish is the practical limit. The Evo should be a mid 12 second player. I say intake and exhaust cobra in need of a driver mod was the victim

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
That evo should not be putting down anything above 400whp and that's being charitable (probablyly like 330). You can run 30psi on that turbo but it's all hot air at that point. 24ish is the practical limit. The Evo should be a mid 12 second player. I say intake and exhaust cobra in need of a driver mod was the victim

Wow, another one that posts without reading the thread:bash:

Fact: the o.p has run low 11s with the mods listed in this thread (the entire set up is posted somewhere in all of these pages)

Fact: The car he raced was a KB Cobra with clutch issues.

Opinion: there are too many people posting ignorant opinions after reading only a few posts.:dw:

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
its simple....get a mod in here and have the thread locked, it is an old thread and it was brought back to life.....that is what is getting the dumb post. people think it is a new thread read 1 page then post up. :)

stryker9

Established Member
Btw, we did run again with a new clutch in the cobra. It was quicker but the evo still came out on top.

BM1

Established Member
Slow Vette should run the Evo on video. That would be an interesting race.

Users who are viewing this thread