Terminator Vs Evo 9 Goes Down Hard

evo connevo

Established Member
It's very possible. They love e85 and boost. I stayed even with a stock cobra when I had 315whp so its definitely feasible. Not all cars run the same. He doesn't need much more than listed to be in the 11s without a sweat.

stryker9

Established Member
11.15 was on crappy tires that came with the car and a 1.66 60'. I now have a light weight brake kit and better suspension. With my new set up most car 60' in the 1.4's on slicks. Do the math its a high 10 sec car. I will post the video when I take it to the track next, just waiting on cooler weather.

rexisme

Established Member
HAHAHAHA... basic bolt on mods on your evo and you thought you raced a ported or kb car.

So serious?

No seriously? So serious? A kill is a kill and anything can happen on the street. But, I dont believe that this happened..... AT ALL.

I mean, I hate to start paper racing but the cobra posted a 12.9 stock and your car posted a 13.5. With that being said, you would need those mods to even be near the stock cobra. Also, MM&FF posted like a 12.6 or something like that in a cobra w/ drag radials.

Plain and simple, post cool kill stories. Not some shit you had a dream about last night.

stangliter04

Established Member
OP... If you dont mind a little traveling I could meet you half way and you could run my Whipple car and see how they compare... All in fun! Loser buys lunch :beer:

stangliter04

Established Member
That thing must be a blast to drive. Is 589 on pump gas.

Yes on pump... and thats not that much HP for Cobra's on pump. Some guys on here are running 650's+ on pump.

Its fun! I just got my set of ET Street II's today so I am going to hit Orlando Spin World on Wednesday night! BTW i'd rock an Eno as a daily :rockon:

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Well good kill man. Not going to speculate what mods the Cobra may or may not have had, but a kill is a kill.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
BTW, my buddy has an EVO with a stroker motor, 35r turbo, ported head, cams, twin disc clutch, etc..He drives around on his race tune and is faster than me, but he's going back to a stock turbo because of all the headaches, I'll get a run in and try to get it on video. I've raced other bolt-on EVOs in the past and it wasn't pretty, with the stock turbo his EVO will have a bit more than just 'bolt-ons' though so it should be interesting.

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
OP... If you dont mind a little traveling I could meet you half way and you could run my Whipple car and see how they compare... All in fun! Loser buys lunch :beer:

If he's closer to me, i would volunteer to run him in my KB car. I have a little bit of chemical aspiration(similar to his meth) and a stock motor with a little exhaust and clutch and suspension work done. I just hope that my measly 730+rwhp can hope to match up with him:shrug:. I've been looking for a reason to try out my new 26x11.50/16 e.t. streets.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I could hear the blower even starting at his back bumper over the exhaust which was pretty loud. I know the stock catback is much quieter and restrictive.

What does a non pullied bolt on 03-04 Cobra run on average?

I didn't see tune on your mods list- if you are tuned your story makes sense. If you aren't tuned I'm calling BS. At any rate a non-pullied exhaust only Terminator should be low 4XX. Without a tune you'd be toast- 99-01 Cobras and 03/04 Machs will run with and beat non-tuned Evos all day....I know from experience.

Sounds to me like you beat the driver of an exhaust only Terminator with a decently modded Evo....

*EDIT*
....after reading some more of this thread you seriously omitted some of your mods- why can't people just be straight up about what they have:shrug:- THIS is why people like you are called ricers:rollseyes

Last edited:

THAITED

Established Member
The thing is I' ve race an upgrade turbo EVO and still beat it. My car is not a 10 second car, at least not with me driving it.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
big BS

I kno a guy with the same mods as him but with aftermarekt cams and hes making 350awhp on stock turbo his car is maxed out its full bolt ons max boost on stock turbo and has cams, anything more or to run 10's it needs cam and aftermarket turbo, either this is bs or ur lieing about ur mods to make ur car sound better

ralvarez

Established Member
man, you have a great eye to notice he had drag radials on, even from 10mph it would be hard for me to distinguish drag radials from regular street tires from a moving car!

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
WOW, a lot of one sided MISSINFORMATION bieng posted in this thread. Anyone that has any doubts EVO's running what is hoes with his mods really needs to do some research before they post. Do some searches on AWDmotorsports and USPmotorsports (pretty sure thay have the same owner). Also look up mike@uspmotorsports.

They have some of the best running EVO's out there. Just like with any car, you cant just compare one cars outstanding performance to your next door neighbors AVERAGE performance and call B.S.

Thats just like people calling B.S on a stock engined 96-98 Cobra running high 11's @ 114. It the people that "just don't know" are the ones that are calling B.S just due to thier ignorance.

A friend of mine is into these cars and says low 13 to high 12's on its best day with that setup.

Exactly what I'm talking about:nonono:

i think maby your car has alittle more done to it if thats it in the videos. because with your mods i would think you woud have to up the boost and use meth or nitrous.
Of coarse he's upped the boost. That stock turbo is maxxed out. He may have meth, but the E85 signifigantlty helps

Looks like his screen name is the same.

11.151 @123.9 stock turbo/cams - evolutionm.net

Looks like the Evo's really like the E85

They sure do. Looks like someone actually did some reserch before spewing a buch of ignorant B.S

big BS

I kno a guy with the same mods as him but with aftermarekt cams and hes making 350awhp on stock turbo his car is maxed out its full bolt ons max boost on stock turbo and has cams, anything more or to run 10's it needs cam and aftermarket turbo, either this is bs or ur lieing about ur mods to make ur car sound better

There are quite a few EVO9's in the 10s with a stock turbo....some low 10s:rockon:

What does a stock EVO9 trap?

What do they put down rwhp stock?

What boost do they run stock?

Please...

Edit: Id like norms please. Not the 2 or 3 cars that do X.

Nothing too impressive stock.....Just like the Terminator. But when the boost is cranked up, they really come to life.

I'm not an import person...at all. But I do respect what can be done to an EVO with a stock motor and a stock turbo. They are a bad ass car that will suprise a lot of people, especially from a dig.

Last edited:

03COBRA-88

Established Member
Nothing too impressive stock.....Just like the Terminator. But when the boost is cranked up, they really come to life.

I think a stock mustang(03/04 cobra) that can run high to mid 12s stock is pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread