Terminator Vs Evo 9 Goes Down Hard

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
I think a stock mustang(03/04 cobra) that can run high to mid 12s stock is pretty good.

I guess it just depends on what someone considers impresive.:shrug:

Honestly, who cares about stock times. What is impressive is clicking off an easy high 11 with nothing more then exhaust, CAI, upper pulley, tune and sticky tires. 10s with little more!

04cobra13

Established Member
Nice kill!...But being a 1g owner myself there has to be more done to your evo than those mods if you are claiming 10s..

stryker9

Established Member
Chris01 It sounds like a good race to me. Is 475 a good example of a ported blower cobra. I see that it says more power coming soon.

Btw I am not running meth with e85. The meth kit was removed from the car the same day as it was converted to e85.

Mpe331lx thanks for chiming in, anything I would have said would have just been disregarded by ignorant people.

This is a good thread to look at to see the potential of mildly modded evo's.
http://forums.evolutionm.net/drag-racing/425276-how-run-mid-low-11s.html

Last edited:

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
I guess it just depends on what someone considers impresive.:shrug:

Honestly, who cares about stock times. What is impressive is clicking off an easy high 11 with nothing more then exhaust, CAI, upper pulley, tune and sticky tires. 10s with little more!

03 cobra is a diff story @ only 200-500lbs heavier, but with like another 100-200 more hp a 03 cobra with them mods run 11's, so ur trying to tell me a car thats only 200-500lbs lighter with 100+ less whp is gonna run same or faster lol

I love how you evo guys make itsound so easy, then why is that ive seen mroe then i count evo's around my parts with basic mods and there not that fast there 250-350awhp @ most, only fast 1's ive seen in person is ones with new turbos,i see them all running 13's -14's stock and 12's -13's with them mods only ones faster then 12's ive seen is ones with alot of work done, I love how easy import guys make it sound " oh yeah just these 3 mods and u run 10's and 11's lol:lol: stock they make a whole whopping 200-240awhp so with 3 mods im sorry there not running 10's or 11's I dont care what u say people love to lie about mods, there not that light of cars either there 3,100-3,300 lbs, yes there awd and turbo, but im sorry there not as fast as you guys try to make them out to be, 3,100-3,300 lb car with 200-240awhp stock or bolt on isnt gonna net u 10's or 11's esp stock motor/ cams/ turbo.

A person around this area claimed they went 11's like this guy, and yes it was stock turbo, but it had work done to it it was a hybrid turbo or some shit, alot of boost race gas, alot of weight reduction, suspension, new tires, every bolt on you can imagine, and it had aftermarket cams.

My slow pos n/a 5.0 runs down stock or modded 1's, hell my friends cam full bolt on evo with 350awhp loses to me from a dig and from a roll i destory it. wow so my 360rwhp n/a gt most be ISANE FAST! i beat my friends 10 or 11 sec 1/4 evo cough cough b.s oh wait even better my friend has cams, this guy or these evo u claim them tiems have stock cams HAHAHAH

because 1 or 2 nasty drivers in z06 run 10's or low 11's, every 1 assumes rigth away they all run that, so now with 3 mods evo's run 10's and 11's, and i guess because my 1 friend runs low 12's with stock 5.0 with bolt ons, they all run that!

Last edited:

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
What does a stock EVO9 trap?

What do they put down rwhp stock?

What boost do they run stock?

Edit: Id like norms please. Not the 2 or 3 cars that do X.

This bs of making it sound so easy 2or 3 mods they run 10's or11's, if that was so easy, im sure every 1 would run out and buy 1 more then they do, stock is 180-240awhp ive seen it vary depending year and model, norm cars bolt on / modded seem to be 250-300awhp, some maxed out or with cams or setup like this guy has with alot of boost / race fuel seems to be 300-350awhp, nothing crazy like he makes it sound there on par with bolt on 3 valve gt's or n/a cobras or mach 1's. anything more then 400+ is built motor new turbo cars, but then again thats not isane, same with any mustang gt etc is 400+ with major work

What do they put down rwhp stock?

stock 200-240awhp

What boost do they run stock?

stock 17-19psi I belive

the normal, is 13's or 14's stock

bolt on modded 12's or 13's.

and every 1 says its because awd, which helps them out alot, being stock there turbo awd, that makes them run fast for the power which I understand but there curb weight is about 3,100-3,300 lbs stock not that light of a car as they look hell my 5.0 weighs thats much and with 200-350rwhp My car is no where near 10's or 11's.:lol1: maybe theres been some john force drivers with crazy setups to run that.but very far and few between,I kno manyguys with evo's with new turbos that lie and say there stock turbo's all the time. and people belive it lol silly morons.

Last edited:

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
I love how you evo guys make itsound so easy, then why is that ive seen mroe then i count evo's around my parts with basic mods and there not that fast there 250-350awhp @ most, only fast 1's ive seen in person is ones with new turbos,i see them all running 13's -14's stock and 12's -13's with them mods only ones faster then 12's ive seen is ones with alot of work done, I love how easy import guys make it sound " oh yeah just these 3 mods and u run 10's and 11's lol:lol: stock they make a whole whopping 200-240awhp so with 3 mods im sorry there not running 10's or 11's I dont care what u say people love to lie about mods, there not that light of cars either there 3,100-3,3300 lbs, yes there awd and turbo, but im sorry there not as fast as you guys try to make them out to be, 3,100-3,300 lb car with 200-240awhp stock or bolt on isnt gonna net u 10's or 11's esp stock motor/ cams/ turbo.

A person around this area claimed they went 11's like this guy, and yes it was stock turbo, but it had work done to it it was a hybrid turbo or some shit, alot of boost race gas, alot of weight reduction, suspension, new tires, every bolt on you can imagine, and it had aftermarket cams.

My slow pos n/a 5.0 runs down stock or modded 1's, hell my friends cam full bolt on evo with 350awhp loses to me from a dig and from a roll i destory it. wow so my 360rwhp n/a gt most be ISANE FAST! i beat my friends 10 or 11 sec 1/4 evo cough cough b.s

Maybe you have a probalem with reading comprehension something..... Where in my post, sig, or anything makes me an EVO guy. The last time I checked I have two Cobras and a Camaro:shrug:

Again, just because some tool bolts some parts to his car, does not automatically mean it is going to make to power or run the time.

There are many whipple and KB Cobras with 600+ rwhp only running high 11s:dw: Does that mean that is what they are all going to run?

There are also H/C/I fox's 5.0s that would be lucky to break 300rwhp.......So is every H/C/I fox limited to 300rwhp?

I suppose a ported eaton 03 Cobra with only around 520rwhp can't run nines blower only either? It is all about a PROPERLY set up car and combonation.

Once more...It is all about the RIGHT combonation of parts and tuning it for max power.
I stuck up for the guy because I KNOW what they are capable of IN THE RIGHT HANDS.

You keep saying its not going to run that with only 3 mods....He never said that the car only had 3 mods. It has A LOT of mods, but none of them are major mods.

IGNORANCE IS BLISS:nonono:

Last edited:

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
SWEEEET I learn something new every day, my car is now a 10 or 11 sec car since I beat my friends boosted full bolt on cammed 350awhp evo...SWEEET this is awesome im running faster with my n/a 360hp gt then my friends 500rwhp cobra hahaha

Last edited:

THAITED

Established Member
Maybe you have a probalem with reading comprehension something..... Where in my post, sig, or anything makes me an EVO guy. The last time I checked I have two Cobras and a Camaro:shrug:

Again, just because some tool bolts some parts to his car, does not automatically mean it is going to make to power or run the time.

There are many whipple and KB Cobras with 600+ rwhp only running high 11s:dw: Does that mean that is what they are all going to run?

There are also H/C/I fox's 5.0s that would be lucky to break 300rwhp.......So is every H/C/I fox limited to 300rwhp?

I suppose a ported eaton 03 Cobra with only around 520rwhp can't run nines blower only either? It is all about a PROPERLY set up car and combonation.

Once more...It is all about the RIGHT combonation of parts and tuning it for max power.
I stuck up for the guy because I KNOW what they are capable of IN THE RIGHT HANDS.

You keep saying its not going to run that with only 3 mods....He never said that the car only had 3 mods. It has A LOT of mods, but none of them are major mods.

IGNORANCE IS BLISS:nonono:

You said it right there properly set up, another words more mods.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
With his mods posted on the Evo board I definitely see why he beat the Cobra...hell w/o nitrous he would probably walk all over my car too. Nice kill OP but next time just post your mods...would have eliminated a lot of this stupid argueing. Also how many psi were you pushing when you ran that 11.1 ?

THAITED

Established Member
With his mods posted on the Evo board I definitely see why he beat the Cobra...hell w/o nitrous he would probably walk all over my car too. Nice kill OP but next time just post your mods...would have eliminated a lot of this stupid argueing. Also how many psi were you pushing when you ran that 11.1 ?

There we have it, more mods. I agreed the OP just come out clean and no one will argue with you.

stryker9

Established Member
I stated that I have turbo back exhaust, ic, ic piping, ported intake, e85

turbo back exhaust-down pipe, o2 dump, muffler

ic-self explanatory

ic piping-self explanatory

ported intake-stock ported intake throttle body and manifold

e85-1000cc injectors, walbro 255(I thought it was a given that changing over to e85 requires more fuel)

Do I need to say tune. The car wouldn't be able to start let alone make any power w/o it on e85. No chip, no stand alone. All done on stock ecu

I guess Im sorry I didn't mention the clutch, boost controller, or bov.:shrug:

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
I can see if he went 11.9 or 12.0 or 12.2, because even my evo friends saw ur mods and said guys with the mods makes 300-360awhp and run mid to low 12's average and some in rare cases run low low 12's high 11's, they even said 11.1 is bs ur lieing about mods or u have aftermarekt cams or turbo and claiming its stock cams stock turbo thast all..be more upfront with mods etc. and it would make more sense,some might buy it, but im not, esp when I beat a 350awhp evo, theres no way im anywhre near a 11 sec car.

stryker9

Established Member
If you read the thread you will see the car made 450. Why should I or any one else care what your friend and his evo with miss matched mods does. Better yet Im happy to meet up at a local cobra meet or run a local guy.

stryker9

Established Member
I have posted links so you can do some research. Stop making a fool of yourself and take a look at what people are making/times they are running with similar set ups.

sicfast

Established Member
Not sure what mods the car had It was mineral grey with drag radial and after market exhaust. The blower was clearly audible even over the exhaust and it smelled like it was running race gas.

why even post this? if you know you're going to get jumped on by claiming to beat an 03-04 cobra then atleast ask the guy what kind of mods he has done. if the guy was willing to race you over and over and over again, more than likely he will let you know what mods he has done to the car. it has been few and far between that i have ran someone around here that has taken me down. but when they do, i usually want to chit-chat with them to find out what they have done. (except for the c6 zo6, i knew that was a loss right off the bat.)

as far as the car smelling like it was running race gas, are you sure you know what race gas smells like?

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
If you read the thread you will see the car made 450. Why should I or any one else care what your friend and his evo with miss matched mods does. Better yet Im happy to meet up at a local cobra meet or run a local guy.

because 450awhp and running 11.1 is far from reality for 99% of evo's with ur so called "mod list" I dont care what people claim or u say u have on the internet,I got my reality what i see with my own eyes my friends that dont lie to me about the power and mods they have and what they run, esp when my 360rwhp car has beat a evo with more mods then u have yet he dynos 100 less rwhp hmmm kinda fishy...:lol1: maybe some morons on here belive ur bs story but i see right through ur bs ur claim is as rare as my friend that runs low 12's with a bolt on stock h/c/i 5.0. hes 1 out of many to run his times, maybe urs is a " freak " but im sorry 450awhp in 3,200lb car and running 11.1 with stock turbo is very fish esp ur mph, way to high of power and times for ur claimed mods.

But Im gonna go away with the feeling of u made my day I must have a mid to low 11 sec n/a 5.0 :)

Last edited:

sicfast

Established Member
or was this your car??

IMG00008-20091024-1606.jpg

IMG00027-20091025-1420.jpg

IMG00028-20091025-1421.jpg

IMG00029-20091025-1421.jpg

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
nice kill....

funny I ran an EVO last week (25/100-EVO said I had 3+ cars on him.) he also said he was "lightly" modded.
However, I already knew about this car (he's maxed out.) He was trying to be a sneaky snake.:nonono: At the end, he just gave me thumbs up.

Users who are viewing this thread