Tesla Model S Plaid Fastest Production Car Ever 9.2@152!!!

ENV²

Established Member
I agree Brett. The Model S (although Plaid is a bit nicer looking) is about as plain vanilla styling wise as you can get. You can't deny the stellar performance of this Plaid+, of course, but for me the exterior styling would be a deal breaker. So, no, I would never own one. Not unless they improve the styling. JMO.

Supposedly the design is so plain to also reduce drag etc. supposedly functional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Supposedly the design is so plain to also reduce drag etc. supposedly functional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hadn't heard that, and it would make sense if the nose (on the '3') wasn't so blunt and flat, which would seem to increase drag. You think?

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
No question new Model S Plaid and Plaid+ will be bonkers. I’ve ridden in current Model S performance cars, and they are already pretty crazy. My main concern would be quality. My cousin owns a body shop, he claims the worst built cars on the road now are Teslas. He said it used to be Hyundai and Kia, but even they are better now. He said Tesla has improved over the years, but only on the surface(panel gaps etc). Underneath they still leave lots to be desired.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tesla is not last according to Consumer Reports. They are, though, second to last. Their Least Reliable ratings put the Tesla Model S at #7 (see list below).

Here is 2021 Consumer Reports' ranking of the major automotive brands, according to their average reliability score:
  1. Mazda (83)
  2. Toyota (74)
  3. Lexus (71)
  4. Buick (70)
  5. Honda (63)
  6. Hyundai (62)
  7. Ram (58)
  8. Subaru (57)
  9. Porsche (55)
  10. Dodge (54)
  11. Infiniti (54)
  12. BMW (52)
  13. Nissan (51)
  14. Audi (46)
  15. Kia (45)
  16. GMC (43)
  17. Chevrolet (42)
  18. Volvo (41)
  19. Jeep (41)
  20. Mercedes-Benz (40)
  21. Cadillac (38)
  22. Ford (38)
  23. Mini (37)
  24. Volkswagen (36)
  25. Tesla (29)
  26. Lincoln (8)
The 10 least reliable 2021 models, according to Consumer Reports:

1. Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra 1500
2. Subaru Ascent
3. Volkswagen Atlas
4. Jeep Compass
5. Volvo XC90
6. Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon
7. Tesla Model S
8. Jeep Wrangler
9. Ford EcoSport
10. Volvo XC60

ArabianOak

Established Member
Tesla is not last according to Consumer Reports. They are, though, second to last. Their Least Reliable ratings put the Tesla Model S at #7 (see list below).

Here is 2021 Consumer Reports' ranking of the major automotive brands, according to their average reliability score:
  1. Mazda (83)
  2. Toyota (74)
  3. Lexus (71)
  4. Buick (70)
  5. Honda (63)
  6. Hyundai (62)
  7. Ram (58)
  8. Subaru (57)
  9. Porsche (55)
  10. Dodge (54)
  11. Infiniti (54)
  12. BMW (52)
  13. Nissan (51)
  14. Audi (46)
  15. Kia (45)
  16. GMC (43)
  17. Chevrolet (42)
  18. Volvo (41)
  19. Jeep (41)
  20. Mercedes-Benz (40)
  21. Cadillac (38)
  22. Ford (38)
  23. Mini (37)
  24. Volkswagen (36)
  25. Tesla (29)
  26. Lincoln (8)
The 10 least reliable 2021 models, according to Consumer Reports:

1. Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra 1500
2. Subaru Ascent
3. Volkswagen Atlas
4. Jeep Compass
5. Volvo XC90
6. Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon
7. Tesla Model S
8. Jeep Wrangler
9. Ford EcoSport
10. Volvo XC60

Good info...one thing I will say though is that Tesla does most warranty work at your house...the big stuff you would need to bring in to a service center but the fact they do mobile service for most things is a huge plus for me.

My biggest fuss isnt going to be what breaks, my biggest fuss will be how I get treated when it breaks and so far that experience has been excellent.

ArabianOak

Established Member

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't know about that. My buddy bought a model x and as much as I wanted to hate it, it was really nice on the interior.

A friend got a model 3 in the last year or two, the inside takes a little getting used to but decent quality inside. The panel gaps, closed door adjustment and paint quality are all shit though and they do not give a damn - "it's within spec". Spent about an hour adjusting the doors so they all actually looked fully closed when you shut them.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Lucid air at 9.2 157 is faster. They did that at Sonoma which is not a fast track at all.
That car had no interior. Also not known if that was production spec.
The plaid in discussion here had full interior.
Probably not a huge difference but I wouldn’t call the Air faster based on the pass they published.

My94GT

Established Member
A friend got a model 3 in the last year or two, the inside takes a little getting used to but decent quality inside. The panel gaps, closed door adjustment and paint quality are all shit though and they do not give a damn - "it's within spec". Spent about an hour adjusting the doors so they all actually looked fully closed when you shut them.

a buddy of mine is a local district manager for Tesla collision repair. Countless new cars go straight to his shops for adjustment and additional QC items before even hitting dealer lots.

that said they aren’t hateful but they have a lot to work on.

Users who are viewing this thread