Tesla Model S Plaid Fastest Production Car Ever 9.2@152!!!

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Well, after more digging, it seems nobody is really sure how much it costs. .
LOL. Thats almost the same as nobody knows how Tesla is an actual business that makes no money - since it started.

N2X42iM.png

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
LOL. Thats almost the same as nobody knows how Tesla is an actual business that makes no money - since it started.

View attachment 1705145
Is it though? Lol.

point is, who cares how much it costs? Never heard anyone ask about the expected life cycle of an ICE motor before buying a new Mustang. If it costs $50k, trade it in before the warranty is up. Easy problem to avoid in my eyes.

I owned a Cadillac ATS 2.0t for 3.5 years and it had the pistons replaced 2x then the entire long block replaced. Thank god I wasn’t paying for any of that mess, but you make it sound like our current options are bullet proof designs that will run forever which is far from the case.

blk02edge

Established Member
I have a problem with corrosion of the brushes from non use. Maybe its the climate Im in. Had two motor replacements with a lift that has 3200 hours. Out of warranty of coarse.
There are no brushes in EV motors. I'm with you in the hate but the reality is they will outperform and outlast ICE, no question about it.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I've never solidified my stance on EVs but just thinking now that it's going to be really boring in the future when we go to read about the technical specs of the car and engine and all that is there is who manufactured the battery. Most of you are probably the same as me in that I like to see the feats of engineering and various engine designs and the output that the companies manage to extract from them. EVs basically do away with all of that, although I imagine there are tech guys who can read into a battery design and get excited. I think we should have both types of cars on the streets because there is always room for more but I'm not happy or excited about the thought of my hobby getting mandated into existence by virtue signaling dipshits who know it is just as destructive to the environment but there is money to be made so they jump on board.

I don't mine Elon Musk and I don't mind Tesla although I would never buy one. If I wanted to see or drive a generic looking car I could just turn on my PS4 and play GTA5.

ArabianOak

Established Member
i just came back to say I ended up whooping a c8 today
@ArabianOak I noticed the ZR1 is gone :(. Probably made good $$$ eh?

Btw, I saw a Taycan the other day, great looking EV.
lowered-taycan-front-splitter-jpg
lowered-taycan-front-splitter-jpg.1560

Yes sir...we listed it for 149K and it sold for 159k because 3 people fought over it for nearly a month. Very crazy times we are living in for car sales.

ArabianOak

Established Member
@ArabianOak I noticed the ZR1 is gone :(. Probably made good $$$ eh?

Btw, I saw a Taycan the other day, great looking EV.
lowered-taycan-front-splitter-jpg.1560

Yes sir...we listed it for 149K and it sold for 159k because 3 people fought over it for nearly a month. Very crazy times we are living in for car sales.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member

Brother, theres nothing short of a modded GTR or a 911 turbo that will beat you at a dig on the street, light to light racing. I just wonder how a taycan compares. Trying to get my brother to get one.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor

Brother, theres nothing short of a modded GTR or a 911 turbo that will beat you at a dig on the street, light to light racing. I just wonder how a taycan compares. Trying to get my brother to get one.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Thats crazy how the audi was quicker than the porsche. I thought Porsche was the halo brand with audi coming in 2nd. Maybe not.
Keep in mind that was a middle range version of the Porsche versus the top range version of the Audi. The turbo S version of the Porsche is much quicker.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Keep in mind that was a middle range version of the Porsche versus the top range version of the Audi. The turbo S version of the Porsche is much quicker.
Yea thats what I figured, it looked like a base taycan. I know the VW conglomerate holds Porsche at the pedestal with the GT2RS, 918 and 919 racecar. Either way, I saw a loaded taycan and was like holy shit that looks good. Now if only the made an NA v8 hybrid. Maybe a detuned 918 v8, and electric motor!

ArabianOak

Established Member
EV is the future. I love my superchargers, turbos and monster v8's as well but the bottom line is that the EV is a much better design with way less chance of any type of mechanical failure.

Can anyone imagine if they went the EV route in the early 1900's instead of trying to constantly innovate gas/diesel engines? Where would these EV cars be now?

ArabianOak

Established Member
and no idea why some of you are making fun of Elon...yes he's an oddball and eccentric but look what he has done the last 13 years? How many times have we waited for ford/chevy/dodge to do something special and have been severely disappointed? Elon comes into the game and makes the fastest production car ever produced in just a decade? He expands range to nearly double in that time as well, supercharging stations all over etc etc...

He's not perfect but he certainly brings a game that ford/chevy CEO's have little clue about.

Now they will be playing catchup for a long time and we know how that goes, as some of us are old enough to remember how that went against the Europeans and japanese...

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
and no idea why some of you are making fun of Elon...yes he's an oddball and eccentric but look what he has done the last 13 years? How many times have we waited for ford/chevy/dodge to do something special and have been severely disappointed? Elon comes into the game and makes the fastest production car ever produced in just a decade? He expands range to nearly double in that time as well, supercharging stations all over etc etc...

He's not perfect but he certainly brings a game that ford/chevy CEO's have little clue about.

Now they will be playing catchup for a long time and we know how that goes, as some of us are old enough to remember how that went against the Europeans and japanese...
Ford and Chevy need to do something called make money. Elon has found a way to build a company that loses money every year since day 1. If this doesn’t ring any warning bells then keep your head in the sand and carry on.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I hadn't heard that, and it would make sense if the nose (on the '3') wasn't so blunt and flat, which would seem to increase drag. You think?

The nose is just part of the equation. It is how the rest of the body reacts to the air as it comes off of the nose. Sometimes a blunt nose can be more efficient than a pointy nose. Bugatti's are pretty blunt up front. The Model S has a similar nose profile to some Porsche's. The big difference that makes it look bland is that it doesn't have a grill, which is basically a big air catcher in other cars.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Ford and Chevy need to do something called make money. Elon has found a way to build a company that loses money every year since day 1. If this doesn’t ring any warning bells then keep your head in the sand and carry on.

His profit comes from the sales of bitcoin mostly...he then takes the profit and makes his product better until the product becomes profitable. With the model Y projected to be the best selling car next year his car sales may start making his profit as well. Either way his net worth is 152 billion. Chevy and Ford both got bailouts back in 08/09. Chevy got 18 billion and ford got 9 billion. They had over 100 years to make profit and needed those massive bailouts.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator

The company reported 2020 adjusted net income, excluding items such as $1.7 billion stock-based compensation, of $2.5 billion. Its automotive gross profit, which compares total revenue from its car business to expenses directly associated with the building the cars, was $5.4 billion, even excluding the regulatory credits sales revenue. And its free cash flow of $2.8 billion was up 158% from a year earlier, a dramatic turnaround from 2018 when Tesla was burning through cash and in danger of running out of money.

Users who are viewing this thread