Tesla Plaid Model S Destroys McLaren P1 at Laguna Seca!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
It’s almost more fun beating up on loud cars with a silent car.

keep thinking that elton john

B65758F5-A21D-43E6-880B-3DE7E1927580.jpeg

q6543

Established Member
This is pretty badass... we're talking a 4 door basic bitch grocery getter WAXXXING supercars ON A RACETRACK.

It just shows how we've squeezed every last drop from I.C.E designs already.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
This is pretty badass... we're talking a 4 door basic bitch grocery getter WAXXXING supercars ON A RACETRACK.

How many laps can you do before it goes into limp mode? 1?

I think Top Gear raced a model S against a sprinter van at the ring and the tesla only lasted 3 minutes before limp mode.

blk02edge

Established Member

I like how you capitalized waxing as if you had a clue. You EV nerds should go to the Telsa forum where you can all wax eachother's 5th apendages

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member

I could be wrong, but I don’t think 4 door basic bitch grocery getters come with roll cages.

It also appears to be an unofficial track time in a non-production vehicle with a rear wing. See below:

Tesla Model S: Unofficial Laguna Seca Lap Record With Video

Tesla Model S Plaid Shows Off Active Rear Wing, Speed at Laguna Seca

Even if the time of 1:29.9 stands, it will have beaten the P1 time of 1:30.7. I hardly think a difference of .008 is waxing anyone's a**.

The McLaren Senna holds the current record of 1:27.62, an unmodified production vehicle driven by Randy Pobst.

I wonder how long the Tesla can maintain these lap times?

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I could be wrong, but I don’t think 4 door basic bitch grocery getters come with roll cages.

It also appears to be an unofficial track time in a non-production vehicle with a rear wing. See below:

Even if the time of 1:29.9 stands, it will have beaten the P1 time of 1:30.7. I hardly think a difference of .008 is waxing anyone's a**.

The McLaren Senna holds the current record of 1:27.62, an unmodified production vehicle driven by Randy Pobst.

That video means nothing if there is no data to back it up. I watched a Tesla go to limp mode after a few laps. Car it a total POS and not a track car. A one lap wonder at best. EVs suck.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

Exactly. Walk out to your garage and there's a Senna, a 765lt, a GT2 RS, and a Tesla Plaid. Which one are you driving?

Last edited:

q6543

Established Member
The single lap argument is short sighted.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could run it like that for a few 100 thousand miles cumulatively.
There is a longevity factor that the supercars can't ignore.

Users who are viewing this thread