Tesla Plaid Model S vs 1,000+ HP 2020 Shelby GT500 Roll Race & Solo 1/4 Mile Passes

robvas

Established Member
Yall that frequent the drag strip, how many passes are you actually doing, 8 at minimum? I've been here forever and see people post about doing 4-6 and calling it a day.

How ever many it takes to get a good time :)

andymarkv

Established Member
I know a lot of guys are haters and I get it...but it is beyond ridiculous that it is only a matter of time before a Plaid cracks the 8's in basically stock form...
Watch the tail end of this vid to see a 9.08 pass...
Obviously they were pulling out all the stops, but still, pretty crazy!

quad

Established Member
I know a lot of guys are haters and I get it...but it is beyond ridiculous that it is only a matter of time before a Plaid cracks the 8's in basically stock form...
Props to Tesla. I would like to see the Nevera and Tesla Roadster race a gutted Plaid. Should be interesting. I like how the Plaid also has built in sound effects to make it sound more like an ICE. Not quite the same I know but at least they are trying to give it character.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member

But. But. But. Honestly hate on Tesla but shit, credit where credit is due. Might not be the green savior, might not be your cross country in one sitting road trip car but damn it is quick. Not sure what can beat in on a normal surface street.

As far as the sound lame but BMW and many others have been doing the same in the cabin. Ecoboost F150 included.

If they come out with the space booster bullshit and team it with the rear cam I'm in. Blasting up sundresses like Marilyn.

andymarkv

Established Member
As cool as it is to go that quick...I don't know how smart it is knocking on the 8's just wearing a helmet & fire jacket and no other safety gear...?
But on the other hand...if that's your daily...I guess you could get in just as much trouble on the street.
Seems like tracks are going to have to thinking about their liability exposure...?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The fact that these cars are running on 285 tires Michelin Pilot Sports with no traction issues is amazing.

Even more considering they lower down the "powerband" from doing harder launches so the axles can last longer.

Having 8 years of warranty on the drivetrain with unlimited miles is pretty fascinating and shows how much confidence they have on it.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Yep, there's a lot of haters here. They post in these threads talking about how they'll never own one. Why even post in the thread? Lol

blk02edge

Established Member
Yep, there's a lot of haters here. They post in these threads talking about how they'll never own one. Why even post in the thread? Lol
Because anything dreamt up by the democrat party is worth slamming to oblivion. I hope us "haters" keep it up and wash this forum of the EV faggotry

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
So how do you mod these? Take them to best buy for a bigger battery pack?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Because anything dreamt up by the democrat party is worth slamming to oblivion. I hope us "haters" keep it up and wash this forum of the EV faggotry
You aint stopping this wave, get ready to get gapped by an e-car.

So how do you mod these? Take them to best buy for a bigger battery pack?
Just watch dragtimes on youtube, hes putting different wheels, maybe upgrade brakes to two piece rotors, remove interior, etc.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
You aint stopping this wave, get ready to get gapped by an e-car.

Just watch dragtimes on youtube, hes putting different wheels, maybe upgrade brakes to two piece rotors, remove interior, etc.
Have to agree and add:

Take weight out, rotoring mass, etc not much more to do really, but much you need to bitch slap light to light. Still I'm ICE to the bone but these are fast. If modding is the argument how those C8 turbos working out? ECU are going to be locked and no support going forward, especially now that Cali set the precedent on tunes. I'd love to see modded EVs but now everything has over air updates so tuning is going to be hard.

I feel like we had this same talk about R35s, DSG GT500s, etc. Shit moves on, tech changes, if you want older tech buy an older car. After the Mach-E and now the Camaro announcement not too sure where the Mustang is going. Stellantis is still pushing a tired platform although cool, you think their next full revamp is going to go in that direction?

Guessing more this:
Stellantis Outlines Its Electric Vehicle Plans

blk02edge

Established Member
Have to agree and add:

Take weight out, rotoring mass, etc not much more to do really, but much you need to bitch slap light to light. Still I'm ICE to the bone but these are fast. If modding is the argument how those C8 turbos working out? ECU are going to be locked and no support going forward, especially now that Cali set the precedent on tunes. I'd love to see modded EVs but now everything has over air updates so tuning is going to be hard.

I feel like we had this same talk about R35s, DSG GT500s, etc. Shit moves on, tech changes, if you want older tech buy an older car. After the Mach-E and now the Camaro announcement not too sure where the Mustang is going. Stellantis is still pushing a tired platform although cool, you think their next full revamp is going to go in that direction?

Guessing more this:
Stellantis Outlines Its Electric Vehicle Plans
What some fail to see is these things will be the absolute death of the car hobby all together, Im well aware of their capability, but I'd be willing to bet the majority of car guys are just not interested. What happens when our ICE are mandated to oblivion?. You'll have nothing but these egg shaped EV's. Gapping people stoplight to stoplight will not be a thing because any Tom, Dick and Harry will have the exact same car as you and require ZERO skill to perform. Where is the sense of pride? There isn't any.

You EV cucks laugh now about your ability to gap people but I can promise you it'll be a very short lived fun factor when there is just no point anymore.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
What some fail to see is these things will be the absolute death of the car hobby all together, Im well aware of their capability, but I'd be willing to bet the majority of car guys are just not interested. What happens when our ICE are mandated to oblivion?. You'll have nothing but these egg shaped EV's. Gapping people stoplight to stoplight will not be a thing because any Tom, Dick and Harry will have the exact same car as you and require ZERO skill to perform. Where is the sense of pride? There isn't any.

You EV cucks laugh now about your ability to gap people but I can promise you it'll be a very short lived fun factor when there is just no point anymore.

I don't know about where you live but there are a lot of horses around here and it's not the country. Also WAY more equestrian facilities than (none) race tracks. Just don't ride them to work.

The cuck thing is getting played out, is that the new "pussy" or "***" to insult my manhood to make your argument about technology more pointed?
I respect your view and experience as a "real" (mean that with respect not sarcasm) driver compared to someone like myself just modding shit for the street. I think my hobby is, in that sense, far more likely to disappear before your's.

5G and IoT is going to kill modding way before EVs with new cars. I'll bet on that. More worried about everything "phoning home" and auto-updating than I am EVs as far as aftermarket fun. There will always be a place for track toys, too many enthusiasts with money, like horses. But auto companies are becoming more comm. and data driven, smart grids and interaction. Listened to (can't remember his name) CEO of Ford about 1-2 years ago and out right said the cars are just a delivery device for wireless com, fast tracking ambulances, self driving, etc. Nice way to put a spin on soon all new cars are leased not owned soon (think about how you "own" your cellphone, you don't, forced updates some which slow it down, ToS economy). Tesla is ahead of the game in that sense.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
I don't know about where you live but there are a lot of horses around here and it's not the country. Also WAY more equestrian facilities than (none) race tracks. Just don't ride them to work.

The cuck thing is getting played out, is that the new "pussy" or "***" to insult my manhood to make your argument about technology more pointed?
I respect your view and experience as a "real" (mean that with respect not sarcasm) driver compared to someone like myself just modding shit for the street. I think my hobby is, in that sense, far more likely to disappear before your's.

5G and IoT is going to kill modding way before EVs with new cars. I'll bet on that. More worried about everything "phoning home" and auto-updating than I am EVs as far as aftermarket fun.
This is actually horse country where I am lol, anyway, my point goes in a lot more depth than just what a Plaid is doing in regards to gapping people who dont actually care at the stop lights.

1- It's about the fact that they even exist is because of democrat forces rules and tax theft. That should REALLY concern you as an American...

2- like I said, modding is nothing but wheels, pussy lip galaxy wraps and window tint... What more is there to say? There is no drive to be better.

3-just think about what SEMA will look like in less than 10 years... It likely won't exist.

Regardless of your individual opinions that you like them regardless of the planet saving background, your EV's will kill our hobby.

That is why it matters so much to me. They really are for skill-less people with no imagination.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
This is actually horse country where I am lol, anyway, my point goes in a lot more depth than just what a Plaid is doing in regards to gapping people who dont actually care at the stop lights.

1- It's about the fact that they even exist is because of democrat forces rules and tax theft. That should REALLY concern you as an American...

2- like I said, modding is nothing but wheels, pussy lip galaxy wraps and window tint... What more is there to say? There is no drive to be better.

3-just think about what SEMA will look like in less than 10 years... It likely won't exist.

Regardless of your individual opinions that you like them regardless of the planet saving background, your EV's will kill our hobby.

That is why it matters so much to me. They really are for skill-less people with no imagination.

**** the Plaid, saying EV aren't the threat compared to over air becoming standard.

1. Yeah Govt subs. are kinda BS but I'm in the biz (not EV) and get it pushes the tech forward and aren't horrible if you taper off as prices come down. Honestly have mixed feelings about the concept but it makes some sense in terms of innovation. I rather have that and pvt biz do the rest vs govt subbing the research.

2. Yeah... sure if you get into the ECU you can make it faster, shit Tesla does it with their own updates, but back to over air updates being the issue.

3. Yeah, going to suck. Again you could mod EV as you could ICE. Issue is less EV and more they have the advanced tech as far as link home. You're just seeing the tech there before it makes it to the next gen of IC vehicles. It's going to be across the board. Aftermarket street legal has maybe 10 years. Death of an industry, not happy but the writing is on the wall.

Not arguing against the passion and love. I love the hobby and has damn near bankrupt me on occasion I love it so much. Just being realistic about what's coming. Not happy about it by any means.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread