Tesla Plaid Model S vs 1,000+ HP 2020 Shelby GT500 Roll Race & Solo 1/4 Mile Passes

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
The GT500 went faster in the 1/4 mile lol! For now. Until Tesla brings out a software upgrade to unlock more power.

Well quicker. Plus a night run verse, grey day run. Still rather have the GT500 but stock for stock no comparison on the street or strip.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
At what point do we start seeing charging stations at drag strips? Never, due to the liability of essentially encouraging EV owners to race?
How many runs are feasible at full tilt on these things? Batteries overheat? "Sorry guys. I'd love to do another run, but I only have enough juice to make it to the charger."

Don't get me wrong. If you're into these things, let her rip. Just some questions/points that come to mind.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't care if the Tesla ran -14's @ 7.4 million mph. There's more to being an enthusiast than simply going fast. I want the sounds, smells, and nostalgia too, not just the speed.

I guess I'm looking at this differently. If I had the cash I could absolutely see having an EV with a nice interior that's fast as shit and still have an mustang or whatever for weekend fun/track duty.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I guess I'm looking at this differently. If I had the cash I could absolutely see having an EV with a nice interior that's fast as shit and still have an mustang or whatever for weekend fun/track duty.

Certainly a valid point. I guess I just don't have the pocketbook to even allow myself to see that option. lol

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Isn't that PBD's GT500? I don't know whats done power wise, probably putting down over 1000hp. I'd say its highly modded with $$$ into it, carbon rotors, carbon hood, lighter forgelines. The mods I mentioned alone are almost 30k!!!

I'd love either car, probably the gt500 at this moment. I'm curious what a software update can do for the plaid, also some weight savings, its what I'd do if I had one.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Certainly a valid point. I guess I just don't have the pocketbook to even allow myself to see that option. lol

I can't afford it either but I can see where EVs have a place in the world. I don't think it's anywhere close to what our overlords are trying to push on us.

quad

Established Member
I've watched a few Plaid videos now. Most people are amazed by the acceleration and they say it feels like alien technology. I would not say no to a Tesla Plaid. I am really curious to see if the Roadster will beat the Nevera. I think there's a chance it will especially if they really do come out with the SpaceX option.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
At what point do we start seeing charging stations at drag strips?
Most any decent track already has chargers you can hook up your RV to. When we were at the track with the Plaid he was charging it there when needed.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
How many runs are feasible at full tilt on these things? Batteries overheat? "Sorry guys. I'd love to do another run, but I only have enough juice to make it to the charger."

Don't get me wrong. If you're into these things, let her rip. Just some questions/points that come to mind.

I doubt the Plaid uses 2% for a WOT 1/4 run, but I'm just guessing based on my Model Y experience.

Even if it used twice that (4% per 1/4), you could show up at the strip with 80%, run 10 passes, and still have 40% to get home.
The Model S Plaid has at least 348 miles of range from a full charge(Even more range with the standard wheel/tire), so 40% = 139 miles to get home or to a supercharger. Really no problem.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I doubt the Plaid uses 2% for a WOT 1/4 run, but I'm just guessing based on my Model Y experience.

Even if it used twice that (4% per 1/4), you could show up at the strip with 80%, run 10 passes, and still have 40% to get home.
The Model S Plaid has at least 348 miles of range from a full charge(Even more range with the standard wheel/tire), so 40% = 139 miles to get home or to a supercharger. Really no problem.
Brooks said his was using about 2% per pass.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Yall that frequent the drag strip, how many passes are you actually doing, 8 at minimum? I've been here forever and see people post about doing 4-6 and calling it a day.

CLN 6R

Established Member

I think when I ran my 3 I used about 3% per pass. Left my house at about 90%, drove to the track, ran 3x, drove home and had about 70% left.

Users who are viewing this thread