Tesla's new roadster, 8.9 1/4!

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Fast/quick is just a measurement of time. Electric cars are gay IMO. Electricity is a great thing.
So are loud, fast, obnoxious fossil fuel burning street cars!!
What's next? Fiber optic powered transportation? So you can get there 5 minutes ago?
I'll keep finding oil, you guys do your best to keep burning gas.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you have to recharge it at the end of the 1/4?
You can make any electric super fast, but you destroy your range when you are cranking that much HP.

SVTStampede

Established Member
Friend has a "insert random P number here that I forget" Tesla. It actually made me interested in them for a while.

One real beef I have is that that ludicrous mode requires a ludicrous(heh) amount of preparation, can only do it for a short time then needs to cool down due to overheat, and it has a charge requirement.

If you cant use the power non stop I don't really consider it viable. Not that they are slouches in normal mode of course...

AAG

Established Member
Do you have to recharge it at the end of the 1/4?
You can make any electric super fast, but you destroy your range when you are cranking that much HP.

No you don't. Even in the P100D with half the range, it goes several passes before having to recharge.

Last edited:

Never_Enough

Established Member
Still not interested. Just no substitute for a sweet exhaust note & engine noise. So I'll take a slow gas powered car. Also, charging stations are not yet widely available

Users who are viewing this thread