Test drove a 2018 Raptor today...

rwleonard

Established Member
...and let's just say I will continue with my plans to put a full Kook's dual exhaust and S/C on my 2013

rwleonard

Established Member
I got the Raptor to be the companion vehicle to my 2013 GT500, so I have become accustomed (my wife says addicted is more accurate) to a certain level of oomph, and the 2018 just isn't there. I can get more HP/torque by putting a full dual exhaust, headers, and supercharger on my '13 for several thousand dollars less than it would cost me to get into the '18. Plus, I like the '13 body style a little bit better. If the '18 had pegged me back in the seat hard enough, I would have seriously considered it; it is a very nice truck. But the power I want is just not there.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Well it's a stock tune truck. Always heard that these need a tune.
I'm in the new truck market
-J

rwleonard

Established Member
My '13 is running a VMP tune, which helped it immensely. I felt like the stock '18 and my VMP tuned '18 pulled pretty close to the same on the butt dyno. Maybe an '18 with a good tune would fit the bill.

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
The new trucks are very nice. The V6 isn't a deal breaker for me.
What sucked was that the 802 Package with some options was reaching near 60+K for the SCAB, and most dealers around me are still pushing ADMs.
Will get a Gen 2 in the future, just not now, and have it alongside the Gen 1.

Anywho, sort of following the OPs plan. Supercharger is in the garage, just need to get it installed.

rwleonard

Established Member
Yeah, the one I drove was $62k plus a $5k "Market Availability Adjustment."

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Doesn't like the new trucks, because for less money can put a supercharger and exhaust on the old truck...lol

I don't like the new Mustangs. For quite a bit less money I can build a hatchback to run 9s.

The Gen II Raptors make the Gen I's look and feel like they are 15 years old.

rwleonard

Established Member
[QUOTE="Anywho, sort of following the OPs plan. Supercharger is in the garage, just need to get it installed.[/QUOTE]

Which Supercharger do you have, and why did you get that one?

Thanks.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
[QUOTE="Anywho, sort of following the OPs plan. Supercharger is in the garage, just need to get it installed.

Which Supercharger do you have, and why did you get that one?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Roush.
I went with it cause I just like the blower setup. The Gen 3 whipple seems to be a better blower with their claim of lower IAT2 temps and more efficient rotors. Can't go wrong with either setup IMO.
Around November/December is the best time for sales on both kits.

MIDWEST.MOTORSPORTS

I test drove one yesterday. I just don’t know what to do! I have a 2014 Raptor with 50k on it right now. Love that truck to pieces. It’s got the looks, the engine and I just love everything about it. Went to to dealership yesterday to pick it up (new transfer case) and I saw the 2018 sitting on the lot right there. Figured I’d have a trade value estimate done on the 14’ just for the fun of it and they offered me 41k! At that point I was sold on the 18’ because I’d get out of the 14’ only loosing 5k over 4 years! The 18’ was faster, had more tech, and is overall more advanced, but there’s just something about that 14 that’s got me re-thinking my decision. It’s just got a certain feeling it gives you whenever you drive it. I have money down on the 18’ but I think I might just have to pass on it. I think i love my 14 too much.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
The new Raptor is better in just about every way, but I'm with you on the blown V8. You can make either quick but at the end of the day you can't make the V6 sound good. As I am considering Raptors at this point, I am still leaning towards the V8 with a blower. More power, better sound, less money. The new ones do look a bit better and have a better frame, better electronics, better shocks, but at the end of the day they both climb the same hill and both accomplish pretty much the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread