Test drove an 03 today!!!

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Man, that was awesome!!!! I test drove a Black coupe up at Middlekauf Ford today after I got off of work and it was everything I had thought it would be. Hopefully I can talk my Dad into putting down half and I pay the other half of it (I'm still in college). I can swing the monthly payments easily by working summers if I can get that to happen. I'd like to say thanks to all the folks up at Middlekauf for treating me so nicley even though I wasn't even gonna buy a car that day! Wish me luck eveyone!!! :)

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
Good luck, I have worked with Middlekauf on my "vibe" problem . . . they did a great job. Nice service guys too.

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Originally posted by Jerky
Good luck, I have worked with Middlekauf on my "vibe" problem . . . they did a great job. Nice service guys too.

How "allowing" are they modification wise?

NOTSLO

Established Member
Jerky,

What did they do for your vibe problem? I'm about to take mine there for the same. I've generally had good luck with them also.

Thanks

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
I knew a mechanic there a couple of months ago (he's gone now) and he said that they were very good about that. He told me no probs with exhaust and basic mods. My "assistant service advisor" was Todd Meredith . . . very cool guy. I would just give him a call and ask before you do anything.

Just so you know, many have had problems with the dealer refusing to fix the "vibe" b/c you have to go 80 to experience it. They rotated the tires first and said that it was fixed . . . well it wasn't. He told me that he drove my car, but didn't get up to 80 b/c he didn't want to get a ticket or something. I ended up taking the mechanic out on the tollway and let-er-rip. . . he was very happy that I took him with me, and he fixed the problem (new Drive Shaft).

I'm stock so I don't have any "personal" experience on that level.

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
Originally posted by NOTSLO
Jerky,

What did they do for your vibe problem? I'm about to take mine there for the same. I've generally had good luck with them also.

Thanks

Talk to Todd Meredith. He should be very aware of the "Vibe" issue. They had to order a new DS. Took 2 days to get it in, but only a half day to put it in.

If there are any problems, I'll go up there with you, he'll remember me.

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Jerky, I think I saw you on the tollway a few days ago heading out towards Frisco. Nice lookin car if that was you!:beer:

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
It may have been me. I live close to 121 :)

*edit: next time honk :)*

Last edited:

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
It may have been me. I live close to 121 :)

*edit: next time honk :)*

I was getting off at Park to go to Men's Wearhouse to get my tuxedo fitted for a wedding I was in. I only saw you as I was exiting off.

JettRink

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
thats awesome venom, all the dealers around here say SVT wont allow dealers to permit test drives on the '03s because of "high mileage"

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Originally posted by JettRink
thats awesome venom, all the dealers around here say SVT wont allow dealers to permit test drives on the '03s because of "high mileage"

They were pretty cool about everything. I didn't even ask. They offered me. It already had a 100 miles on it so I'm guessing they do this quite a bit.

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Talk to Todd Meredith. He should be very aware of the "Vibe" issue. They had to order a new DS. Took 2 days to get it in, but only a half day to put it in.

Half a day to change the driveshaft???? At most on a lift it would take like 10 minutes.

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
Originally posted by Sonic Blue 2003

Half a day to change the driveshaft???? At most on a lift it would take like 10 minutes.

Yes, but I have to *work*. Couldn't sit there and wait, plus they had a couple of cars in there first . . . therefore, in at 9, picked up at 12. So it was done somewhere between 5 seconds and 3 hours. Thanks for the :burn: though, always appreciated.

BLACK SUNSHINE

Established Member
My black coupe from Middlekauff had 12 miles on it when I got it last July. No test drives. They are trying to get rid of them now to make room for the '04s.

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Update: I went by today before I was going to work on my car (drain some fuel before I did my fuel pump install ;) ) and they had sold it the previous night. :mj: :mj: :mj: However, they said they found 8 other black coupes in the area and could get one there within 1-2 days. Its not too big of a downer but I would have liked to drive it off the lot today. Hopefully I can drag my Dad up there tonight and we'll see what happens. :)

Users who are viewing this thread