Texas- smaller cities ???

nxhappy

Established Member
Dont bring that cali b.s. with you and there are plenty of areas to recommend in Tx.
bitch please I'm more republican than you are LOL ....no but really, I hate california. A small portion of us are actually not bat shit crazy. It's all those ****ers in SFO and LAX =P

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
bitch please I'm more republican than you are LOL ....no but really, I hate california. A small portion of us are actually not bat shit crazy. It's all those ****ers in SFO and LAX =P

Im joking man. I didn’t recognize your Screen Name so I looked and saw you are one Red ****er.

nxhappy

Established Member
sorry I need to be more specific because many cities are already "owned" . A few options:
Tyler
Amarillo
San Antonio
Lubbock
Corpus Christi
Abilene
Midland

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
sorry I need to be more specific because many cities are already "owned" . A few options:
Tyler
Amarillo
San Antonio
Lubbock
Corpus Christi
Abilene
Midland

I know Tyler is a nice deep East Texas town. I haven’t been to San Antonio in forever to even say anything. The rest Ive never been in

5.2Leader

Established Member
I thought I had seen it all here in So. Cal. Until I pulled up to a Toyota truck the other day and the license plate was OBAMA44.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

nxhappy

Established Member
I know Tyler is a nice deep East Texas town. I haven’t been to San Antonio in forever to even say anything. The rest Ive never been in
kinda odd but I need a "small city" with booming businesses and growth. Not sure SAT fits that bill. I am also looking at southern AZ since I have some family in AZ.

nxhappy

Established Member
I thought I had seen it all here in So. Cal. Until I pulled up to a Toyota truck the other day and the license plate was OBAMA44.

if I was in LA area I would probably kill myself lol. If I see a bernie sticker I go ape shit...

5.2Leader

Established Member
I have heard Tennessee is nice. But I do not know this first hand. North Carolina too.

utlong31

Established Member
You said your looking for a new “business station”. I’m not sure what that means but almost anything you put together in the Midland or even West Texas area is almost guaranteed to thrive right now if you can staff it. If it’s car related most shops around here have month long waiting list to get something in for repairs. Really it doesn’t matter what it is your more than likely going to have to wait. Restaurants are having a hard time keeping a full staff. I’ve seen places here close early because they can’t staff it. To many higher paying jobs in the oilfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nxhappy

Established Member
You said your looking for a new “business station”. I’m not sure what that means but almost anything you put together in the Midland or even West Texas area is almost guaranteed to thrive right now if you can staff it. If it’s car related most shops around here have month long waiting list to get something in for repairs. Really it doesn’t matter what it is your more than likely going to have to wait. Restaurants are having a hard time keeping a full staff. I’ve seen places here close early because they can’t staff it. To many higher paying jobs in the oilfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am in transportation/shipping. In TX I cannot take Houston or DFW, so that's why I am asking. I've been looking at San Antonio. I do not want a larger city because competition may be too great and I don't want to work 15 hours a day LOL.

nxhappy

Established Member
I have heard Tennessee is nice. But I do not know this first hand. North Carolina too.

I love Tennesee. Nashville is not open. I believe Chattanooga is an option for me .

5.2Leader

Established Member
What part of Kamifornia are you in? I’m in the ie Temecula area.

10fore

Established Member
If you're looking for a smaller city, though still with plenty of opportunity and growth, I would seriously consider Corpus Christi. It's large enough to have just about everything you need, but still doesn't feel overly large. If I recall, it's the 9th largest city within the State. I believe they are in the process of upgrading a lot of their ports, and they do move a lot of cargo through their airports. The car scene is rather decent, there is a ton of outdoor activities that you can take part in, and their minor league baseball team is actually pretty darn good.

San Antonio is becoming far, far too liberal, and that's just one of the main reasons I am leaving. We're building close to Canyon Lake on a couple of acres. I'll be less than an hour from San Antonio, about an hour from Austin, and close to smaller cities such as New Braunfels, San Marcos, Wimberley, etc. Texas is a super diverse state, with just about every type of landscape imaginable. It truly boils down to what you like to do, and what type of environment you'd be okay with.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
If you're looking for a smaller city, though still with plenty of opportunity and growth, I would seriously consider Corpus Christi. It's large enough to have just about everything you need, but still doesn't feel overly large. If I recall, it's the 9th largest city within the State. I believe they are in the process of upgrading a lot of their ports, and they do move a lot of cargo through their airports. The car scene is rather decent, there is a ton of outdoor activities that you can take part in, and their minor league baseball team is actually pretty darn good.

San Antonio is becoming far, far too liberal, and that's just one of the main reasons I am leaving. We're building close to Canyon Lake on a couple of acres. I'll be less than an hour from San Antonio, about an hour from Austin, and close to smaller cities such as New Braunfels, San Marcos, Wimberley, etc. Texas is a super diverse state, with just about every type of landscape imaginable. It truly boils down to what you like to do, and what type of environment you'd be okay with.
I'll be up at the lake with you in 5-6 years. Just got to get these kids thru college and out of my house. LOL. For now we're up there almost every Saturday on the boat.

Yes it's gotten more liberal here but it's still a great area to live in man. Check out Bourne, Bulverde, Kerrville, New Braunfels, Schertz, Wimberley and Cibolo. We live in Cibolo currently.

Cobra-O

Established Member

I would agree with this just for the fishing if you are into that. There is great inshore and offshore fishing in that area. Has the best by far off shore options and drops off a lot deeper, faster than anywhere on the coast north of there. Out of Galveston you have to go 50+ miles to get into water that is half way decent. I believe you would only need about 10 miles out of CC to be in the same water. State water snapper is open year round and you can get 4 each within 10 miles of shore.

Beach fishing is also awesome if you don't want to bother with a boat. People catching 10-12 foot sharks right off the beach.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Surrounding San Antonio is booming so big. If looking for business.

And still a lot of open county space In between San Antonio and Austin.

The guy who sell the 170deg thermostats had moved from California to San Antonio.
Wonder how his business is going?

Users who are viewing this thread