Thank you Silver03Snake!

f4sfed

Established Member
Thanks (once again!) to another fine member of this forum, I was able to get my Autometer shift light working! WOOHOO!

NOTE: If I had a chance to do it over again, I'd go with the Raptor Performance shift light, only because of the installation complexity.

coleman

Established Member
i just finished my Raptor shift-light install... i'll see if i can post some pics tomorrow -- i'm too tired right now :sleeping:

coleman

Established Member
Dana, very, very simple to install ... it just took ME a long time cuz I don't want to have to redo it.

i've only had it on a few hours.
how accurate is the shift light vs. gauge if you know where i'm driving -- pun :lol1:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
They are both accurate. The problem lies in the fact that the gauge lags behind the actual RPM, due to its very nature, and so, for our purposes, it is inaccurate (because of the lag). The Raptor Shift Light doesn't have that problem.
This is best illustrated by setting the light to a lower level temporarily, say 3000 or so. Then raise the engine speed slowly to that mark. The light and the tach should be about even: the tach hits 3000 and the light comes on.
But, raise the engine speed rapidly, as you would normally be doing if racing, and watch the gauge lag behind.
I would rely on the light much more so than the tach.
I found that if I initially set the Shift light settings a few hundred RPM's lower than where I actually intend to shift, strictly because I am getting old and my reaction time is slowing. :D ,
I then end up shifting right where I want to. That will improve with time though.
Were there any issues with the install or the Power Point presentation, if you used it? Just curious.
Dana

coleman

Established Member
yes, my R/T dictates that i too will need to reduce the threshold down a few 100 RPMs...

but, i DO love that little shift light.
awesome quality and no problems :beer:

coleman

Established Member
PowerPoint presentation of the install was easy to follow. I'd put the real wire colors on there instead of abv.

oh, here's one of my pics...

Last edited:

f4sfed

Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
PowerPoint presentation of the install was easy to follow -- in one place the pins were mis-referenced, but easily noticable. I'd put the real wire colors on there instead of abv.

oh, here's one of my pics...

Very nice, I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread