Thank you!!!!

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
To all the service men and women, thank you so much for making the choice to fight for our country. You guys and gals have no idea how much I respect/appreciate each and every one of you.
Thanks and stay safe. :beer:

THE_STIG

Established Member
People as me why I serve, is it for that warm fuzzy feeling I get every time I see Old Glory flying above me, or the people that stop to say thank you when I am in uniform? Or is it that tiny check the federal government gives me twice a month?

Its the tiny check....

j/k

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
People as me why I serve, is it for that warm fuzzy feeling I get every time I see Old Glory flying above me, or the people that stop to say thank you when I am in uniform? Or is it that tiny check the federal government gives me twice a month?

Its the tiny check....

j/k

Every time I'm in an airport I'll see tons of men/women in uniform. I'll walk by and tell them thanks and I think I creep alot of them out. lol I get some pretty strange looks.

THE_STIG

Established Member
Every time I'm in an airport I'll see tons of men/women in uniform. I'll walk by and tell them thanks and I think I creep alot of them out. lol I get some pretty strange looks.

I can't speak for everyone but I get a bit choked up when people stop me and say thank you.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Getting stopped and thanked is a bit awkward, but I know everyone that does means well. Its cool to be appreciated and know that people these days generally respect the military. Unlike the Nam vets when they returned home. I always thank those guys, especially when I'm in uniform.

LongshotSVT

I piss excellence
Established Member
Funny that this conversation trailed off into this... I appreciate the thanks, because yes I do sacrifice certain liberties that others take for granted, as do all members of the service turning a gear in the great American War Machine... However... what am I supposed to say?

I always get caught off guard, and I never want to say you're welcome and come off as some arrogant bastard who thinks a thanks is owed. I just kinda smile and nod... I just don't know what the proper response to this is.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Funny that this conversation trailed off into this... I appreciate the thanks, because yes I do sacrifice certain liberties that others take for granted, as do all members of the service turning a gear in the great American War Machine... However... what am I supposed to say?

I always get caught off guard, and I never want to say you're welcome and come off as some arrogant bastard who thinks a thanks is owed. I just kinda smile and nod... I just don't know what the proper response to this is.

My response: Its my pleasure.

Because I really do enjoy the military and what I do.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Most the guys and gals so "No problem". Honostly, no response is needed. I just want to let them know that there are people that appreciate the things they do.

THE_STIG

Established Member
When I was sworn it, there was a big ceremony at an air show. We got sworn in by the Thunderbirds. (I was already sworn in, this was kind of for the cameras). Anyway after they swore us in as we walked off everyone stood up and was cheering and screaming thank you. It was the most incredible feeling I ever had. Seeing those people's faces when they shook my hand hit me really hard.

Users who are viewing this thread