THANKS SAI LI

stangn

Established Member
Tuned my Whippple A6 and couldn't be happier. It went from undrivable to a kick ass good time! It was done quickly and he's very open and honest. If your looking for help he's the guy.

Thanks again,
Nick B

2003mach1

Established Member
I asked him about giving me some advice on tuning my car and the reply I got was "if you have to ask for help then you shouldn't be trying to tune a car"

I guess he just woke up one day knowing how to tune coyotes.....

stangn

Established Member
Education isnt free My friend. Sorry he wouldn't teach you how to tune your car. Maybe try EFI University, but I think they charge as well.

Pretty sure everyone gets paid to tune.

2003mach1

Established Member
All he had to do was say "sorry I can't help you".

Imo, If you're gonna have a race car you need to be able to tune it yourself anyway. I've had plenty of experience with older stuff, but this is my first coyote.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Education isnt free My friend. Sorry he wouldn't teach you how to tune your car. Maybe try EFI University, but I think they charge as well.

Pretty sure everyone gets paid to tune.
You gotta start somewhere I think Sai can attest to that he started out behind the counter at Advance Auto.

stangn

Established Member
Hijacked the thread, I love it!

He told me how he got started and why. I get it, but every tuner you deal with seems to have something someone doesn't like.

You want to learn to tune your own car and that's great but it's not easy.
You must have figured out its not a couple hours and your done.

I know a lot off pro's that don't tune there own cars. Guys like Steve Petty make a good living tuning multiple cars at races from pro mod to 275 drag radial.

He did a great job on my car and I wanted to thank him publicly.

Stop by at NMRA Bradenton and we'll talk more guys unless your still at home typing..... I'll be racing

Rich D

Large Member
Established Member
Another happy Sai Li tuned customer here as well.

I don't know of a single tuner who will "teach" you how to tune, outside of the tuning classes you can pay for. It's their intellectual property, so to speak, and it's how they make a living.

kodexkustoms

Established Member
I'm tuned by Sai as well and have no real issues with him at all. Sai is one hell of a tuner and I can see him not wanting to many of his tricks getting out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKDMB

Established Member
Yeah it would take a huge amount of time to teach someone, depending on their skill level especially. The HP Tuners Forum is a great resource. I have read through a couple of how to books on Coyote tuning. Can't say I'm particularly impressed with either, but both put forward a pretty good effort. I have yet to get info from anyone to the effect of

"You modify this table because of x. Table x + y equals the values that the car needs to do z."

Or in other words, definitive information. In my opinion almost no one truly knows how these things work on a large scale, or the relationship between various tables and values in the PCM (or they haven't proven it to me in a tuning course). I at least want to know why I'm doing what I'm doing. The general collective it seems has worked out which tables to mess with to keep cars from doing stupid stuff. Just face it dude, some people are born understanding Ford's quadratic speed density function. Don't worry in a couple more generations practically no one will be able to tune these things they will either be encrypted or far too difficult to mess with. The people that are great at now I bet have a pretty deep understanding of the code behind their tuning software or have good connections with the OEM's. The ones that are good at it truly are some really smart cookies.

stangn

Established Member
Very well said! Finding a computer code programmer that is into modifying cars is very very rare. They usually have the money to have it done for them lol.

Users who are viewing this thread