That time of the month again..

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
I see you have the 2.8, is it IS or non? Sweet lens either way, I just bought the walk around 28-135 IS. I use my buddy's 70-200 f4L for a zoom when needed... thinking about going after the 100-400 L as my main zoom but not sure yet.
(Why do you change oil monthly? I thought it was every 3 months :p )

Skoalman

Banned
c0dy said:
I see you have the 2.8, is it IS or non? Sweet lens either way, I just bought the walk around 28-135 IS. I use my buddy's 70-200 f4L for a zoom when needed... thinking about going after the 100-400 L as my main zoom but not sure yet.
(Why do you change oil monthly? I thought it was every 3 months :p )

Thanks for posting a question worth replying to.
It's the non-IS 70-200 L lens i used here, The lighting where i shoot normally doesn't require an IS lens.

I don't change oil monthly, but it almost feels like it since i drive so much in the work truck, (60+ miles a day on average). The thread title was simply to lure people in. ;-)

Skoalman

Banned
ford_racer said:
I can't understand why anyone would put Pennzoil in anything that matters to them.

Just me.

Maybe you missed this.

"According to the internet, both castrol and mobil have switched to using a crude oil base for their "full synthetic" oils. When they did this, they were sued by a consumer group for false advertising for calling the oil "full synthetic" even though 70% of the oil is directly derived from dino oil. The oil companies' argument was that they refined the dino oil so much that it was nearly indistinguishable from "full synthetic". The consumer group argued that you can't call something "full synthetic" if 70% of it is derived from fully natural sources. The arbitrator in the case eventually sided with the oil companies, so now castrol and mobil both sell "full synthetic" oil that contains a crude oil base. It's my understanding that pennzoil platinum is still a true full synthetic and contains no dino component".

My work truck matters to me, it carries me and my tools. (And sometimes, my son).

Last edited:

Skoalman

Banned
ford_racer said:
Valvoline in the normal shit for me.

I'm gonna put Royal Purple in the Stang for $6.50/qt instead of the normal $7. I love selling car parts :D

The fully synthetic oil i put in my work truck today was $6.19 a bottle at full retail, BTW.
I'll be happy to scan the reciept if you like.

Skoalman

Banned
Ok, i had a nice smooth oil change in the work truck while my three year old was napping today, I got a good deal on real synthetic oil and did the change myself, (while documenting with pics). Was there enough ownage here, or does this need to go to smackdown?

:pepper:

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Awesome pics as usual man!!!!! :rockon: I am always interested in any thread you do because of the quality pics. I was waiting for the picture of what you were eating that day to go along with it because I know you like to take pictures of food. :pop:

Skoalman

Banned
04sleeper said:
Awesome pics as usual man!!!!! :rockon: I am always interested in any thread you do because of the quality pics. I was waiting for the picture of what you were eating that day to go along with it because I know you like to take pictures of food. :pop:

:-D

I'll have to make a food thread in here.

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
Skoalman said:
Thanks for posting a question worth replying to.
It's the non-IS 70-200 L lens i used here, The lighting where i shoot normally doesn't require an IS lens.

I don't change oil monthly, but it almost feels like it since i drive so much in the work truck, (60+ miles a day on average). The thread title was simply to lure people in. ;-)
Cool! I'm torn, I don't know if I want the 2.8 or the 4 IS, or the 100-400 IS. The 100-400 has a relatively closed max aperture, and IS only helps the framing but does little for fast moving subjects. Bah! Photography is too expensive ;) I bet it's a beast! the F4 sure is.

Users who are viewing this thread