That time of the month again..

Skoalman

Banned
You sicko, i'm talking about oil changes.

z1.jpg

z2.jpg

z3_filtered.jpg

z4.jpg

z5_filtered.jpg

Skoalman

Banned
Euphoric One said:
off topic, but is that a pretty high end camera you took those pics with?

Canon 30D with a 70-200 L series lens and a Canon 580EX flash. About $3000 worth of equipment, (I shoot professionally for Performance Auto Sound Magazine).

Skoalman

Banned
KissMySVT said:
Pennzoil Platinum? Is it better than Mobil 1?

Haven't read any reviews on that yet, but i love using synthetic oils because if you happen to go over a little on mileage between changes, you get that little added protection.

Skoalman

Banned
traktrbeam said:
I have heard the Pennzoil is not a full synth.

5w-20 is what is required by the owner's manual.

I put castrol syntec 5w-20 in my car for the last oil change. However, according to the internet, both castrol and mobil have switched to using a crude oil base for their "full synthetic" oils. When they did this, they were sued by a consumer group for false advertising for calling the oil "full synthetic" even though 70% of the oil is directly derived from dino oil. The oil companies' argument was that they refined the dino oil so much that it was nearly indistinguishable from "full synthetic". The consumer group argued that you can't call something "full synthetic" if 70% of it is derived from fully natural sources. The arbitrator in the case eventually sided with the oil companies, so now castrol and mobil both sell "full synthetic" oil that contains a crude oil base. It's my understanding that pennzoil platinum is still a true full synthetic and contains no dino component.

I'll probably run pennzoil platnium 5w-20 for my next oil change.

Source:
http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158004

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
Skoalman said:
5w-20 is what is required by the owner's manual.

I put castrol syntec 5w-20 in my car for the last oil change. However, according to the internet, both castrol and mobil have switched to using a crude oil base for their "full synthetic" oils. When they did this, they were sued by a consumer group for false advertising for calling the oil "full synthetic" even though 70% of the oil is directly derived from dino oil. The oil companies' argument was that they refined the dino oil so much that it was nearly indistinguishable from "full synthetic". The consumer group argued that you can't call something "full synthetic" if 70% of it is derived from fully natural sources. The arbitrator in the case eventually sided with the oil companies, so now castrol and mobil both sell "full synthetic" oil that contains a crude oil base. It's my understanding that pennzoil platinum is still a true full synthetic and contains no dino component.

I'll probably run pennzoil platnium 5w-20 for my next oil change.

Source:
http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158004

Thanks for the info.

Skoalman said:
Canon 30D with a 70-200 L series lens and a Canon 580EX flash. About $3000 worth of equipment, (I shoot professionally for Performance Auto Sound Magazine).

Thought so, you can really tell in the pictures. You made a picture of motor oil look like a damn wallpaper quality pic! :eek:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Lightmare said:
If your not using Royal Purple, might as well be using Quaker State.. /run

Valvoline in the normal shit for me.

I'm gonna put Royal Purple in the Stang for $6.50/qt instead of the normal $7. I love selling car parts :D

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
Euphoric One said:
Thought so, you can really tell in the pictures. You made a picture of motor oil look like a damn wallpaper quality pic! :eek:
lol I was thinking the same thing about that pic. You can damn near read the warning label on the jack. Clarity FTW

Lightmare

Banned
ford_racer said:
Valvoline in the normal shit for me.

I'm gonna put Royal Purple in the Stang for $6.50/qt instead of the normal $7. I love selling car parts :D

RP for trans and oil for me, but I'm not a ricer taking in consideration about the 9hp that they advertise it gives, but damn, runs good for me.

Some douche at the autozone told me Mobile 1 revs higher faster than any other oil....should I go back and slap him tomorrow or?

Users who are viewing this thread