The 1 of 23 Sonic Blue w/ Parchment Build

wckdvnm

Established Member
Not bad at all. Just take your time. Give a good cleaning once you get them off. Lots of grime builds up under the skirts.

Ain’t that the truth; I started pulling my car apart to start tearing into some projects like wire tucking and such; and holy crap they can hold a lot of debris especially when the car has a higher number of miles.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Ain’t that the truth; I started pulling my car apart to start tearing into some projects like wire tucking and such; and holy crap they can hold a lot of debris especially when the car has a higher number of miles.
Debris and gunk. I legit spend the time to clean the areas of and make it look good though it'll be covered up again.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
I have gone cold on the build for a bit. Shoulder surgery was a big set back and the car is back in my home state while I am now stationed in Las Vegas. I am going home for Christmas tomorrow so this week is the big first drive since all of the suspension, chassis and brake mods have been done.

If it turns out I over did it with the suspension and she is no longer fun/comfy to drive for long cruises then I will most likely list her for sale.

LS WUT

Established Member
I have gone cold on the build for a bit. Shoulder surgery was a big set back and the car is back in my home state while I am now stationed in Las Vegas. I am going home for Christmas tomorrow so this week is the big first drive since all of the suspension, chassis and brake mods have been done.

If it turns out I over did it with the suspension and she is no longer fun/comfy to drive for long cruises then I will most likely list her for sale.
You take that voodoo back! Sorry to hear about the surgery man, that’s never a fun time. Jokes aside I hope the car is everything you imagined and more. Have faith brother!

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member

It might not be fun. I’m thankful mine isn’t my daily as it would suck donkey ass to have to drive it everyday. When I do though, it’s the rawest/analog feeling you can get in a high horsepower car.

LS WUT

Established Member
It might not be fun. I’m thankful mine isn’t my daily as it would suck donkey ass to have to drive it everyday. When I do though, it’s the rawest/analog feeling you can get in a high horsepower car.
I’ve seen videos of that god damn monster. Looking forward to seeing it in person next month. LFG!

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Got to take the car out for the first time. It is a completely different car. No more chassis twist or roll when cornering and was surprisingly gentle to drive. My main concern was that I over did it with the combo of Stifflers chassis bracing and the delrin bushings. I am very pleased with how comfortable of a ride it is. I have not adjusted the rebound or compression on the KW V3 coilovers but I believe I will leave them alone.

The brakes were the big highlight. Normal braking is smooth and brings the car to a safe stop. However, if you put your foot down the brakes bite very hard and will make you kiss the windshield with your face. This 14" Brembo GT BBK and FTBR 13" rear rotors makes my old Cobra R setup that had StopTech cryo rotors, Hawk HPS pads and Russell pads look bad. Do not it mistaken that old setup was great and way better than stock but this new setup is that good. I also cannot explain how ridiculous this brake setup looks in person.

I also did not get any weird pops, creeks, squeaks or other unwanted noise. Yes, there is more stiffness than before and way less give than before. However, I fine the benefits far out weigh that extra stiffness. The car points and moves as one unit now which is goal I had. I know getting the 94 to 04 Mustang chassis to feel like an era equivalent sports car like a C5 or C6 Corvette is not 100% possible but I am very thrilled with the results as I am about 95% of the way there in terms of sportscar feel.

Last edited:

LS WUT

Established Member
Got to take the car out for the first time. It is a completely different car. No more chassis twist or roll when cornering and was surprisingly gentle to drive. My main concern was that I over did it with the combo of Stifflers chassis bracing and the delrin bushings. I am very pleased with how comfortable of a ride it is. I have not adjusted the rebound or compression on the KW V3 coilovers but I believe I will leave them alone.

The brakes were the big highlight. Normal braking is smooth and brings the car to a safe stop. However, if you put your foot down the brakes bite very hard and will make you kiss the windshield with your face. This 14" Brembo GT BBK and FTBR 13" rear rotors makes my old Cobra R setup that had StopTech cryo rotors, Hawk HPS pads and Russell pads look bad. Do not it mistaken that old setup was great and way better than stock but this new setup is that good. I also cannot explain how ridiculous this brake setup looks in person.

I also did not get any weird pops, creeks, squeaks or other unwanted noise. Yes, there is more stiffness than before and way less give than before. However, it fine the benefits way out weigh that extra stiffness. The car points and moves as one unit now which is goal I had. I know getting the 94 to 04 Mustang chassis to feel like an era equivalent sports car like a C5 or C6 Corvette but I am very thrilled it is about 95% of the way there.
Hell yeah buddy! I’m happy to hear all that work paid off and you’re happy with it! That’s always a great thing. I can assure you buyers remorse when it comes to parts and you’re unhappy with them is a doozy!

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Hell yeah buddy! I’m happy to hear all that work paid off and you’re happy with it! That’s always a great thing. I can assure you buyers remorse when it comes to parts and you’re unhappy with them is a doozy!
I am definitely happy it paid off as well. Absolutely overkill but equally as awesome. No more projects for a little bit. She will be I'm storage until after my deployment is over with.

After that, I may overhaul the entire cooling setup with a VMP intercooler brick, an EMP intercooler pump, EMP water pump, AFCO radiator and VMP GT500 heat exchanger.

While apart I would also vapor hone/refurbish/replace/clean the front of the engine. Such as pulley bridge, alternator bracket and other pieces. Bothers me that I have this nice blower and suspension setup but I have crusty pieces being eye sores.

LS WUT

Established Member
I am definitely happy it paid off as well. Absolutely overkill but equally as awesome. No more projects for a little bit. She will be I'm storage until after my deployment is over with.

After that, I may overhaul the entire cooling setup with a VMP intercooler brick, an EMP intercooler pump, EMP water pump, AFCO radiator and VMP GT500 heat exchanger.

While apart I would also vapor hone/refurbish/replace/clean the front of the engine. Such as pulley bridge, alternator bracket and other pieces. Bothers me that I have this nice blower and suspension setup but I have crusty pieces being eye sores.
That’s awesome man, sorry she will be in storage but it’s probably the best place for her! Clean, and tucked away until you’re home. Always excited to see the progression on this car man.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Leave/vacation time is over. Headed back to Vegas the other day. Sad to leave the car but she is in amazing hands. One of my best friends has her safe in his shop and he has been doing the work ever since I deployed in 2021.

I head out for another deployment in April and then most likely downtime for knee surgery. So it'll be a good bit before I get to drive her again.

Only small detail items and a final hardware check remain to close this chapter out. It's time to save for the Teksid, T56 Magnum, paint, interior, new glass, dry ice cleaning and sourcing as much NOS items as possible to get things factory fresh.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
I forgot to make a small update in January before I left Arkansas to go back to Vegas. My buddy and I swapped out the old janky pillar pod and gauge setup (not sure on brand). I have been holding onto a Speed of Sound dual gauge pillar and two Aero Force gauges with the SVT faces.

One this is for sure. The guy I bought the car from in 2015 is not a wiring wizard. Big rat nest of extra wire from the old gauge setup.

The only thing that was difficult about the install is when you run two Aero Force gauges on the pillar the wires are thick and a little difficult to run through the gap between dash and the pillar itself. I am happy with how it came out though. Did a lot to transform the interior. I just need to buy the wide band setup for the Aero Force now. I also need to tweak the alignment on the gauges a bit to get them perfect.
Snapchat-1388065838.jpg

20240106_180335.jpg
20240106_180330.jpg

vr4

Established Member
did you get the spider brace in yet? im holding off on it due to not knowing the clearance it has to the headers/pipes.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I forgot to make a small update in January before I left Arkansas to go back to Vegas. My buddy and I swapped out the old janky pillar pod and gauge setup (not sure on brand). I have been holding onto a Speed of Sound dual gauge pillar and two Aero Force gauges with the SVT faces.

One this is for sure. The guy I bought the car from in 2015 is not a wiring wizard. Big rat nest of extra wire from the old gauge setup.

The only thing that was difficult about the install is when you run two Aero Force gauges on the pillar the wires are thick and a little difficult to run through the gap between dash and the pillar itself. I am happy with how it came out though. Did a lot to transform the interior. I just need to buy the wide band setup for the Aero Force now. I also need to tweak the alignment on the gauges a bit to get them perfect.View attachment 1827976

View attachment 1827977View attachment 1827978
I does look great! Nice that you already had the SpeedOfSound gauge pillar pod. Aeroforce gauges look great, too.

Users who are viewing this thread