The 5.8 Trinity Fits!!!

svttim

MCA National Director
Established Member
JROC,

I don't know what you are looking at to get your assumptions but give it time. I just did a basic search and most results are inconclusive of the Boss vs. 1LE times. Heck in all my track days i can count the number of Camaros ive seen on one hand. When talking to Ford racing i have learned that is about the experience not numbers. The mustang and the boss in particular, the magazines all say the same basic thing. Camaro may be slightly faster (depending on driver), but the mustang is leaps and bounds more fun, looks better, and sounds better. Ford is going for a ownership deal, numbers are for people who can't see past the surface and enjoy what they own. The rely on the numbers rather than actual experience. The Boss comes with better exhaust and a track date that you only really pay for the insurance. Chevy doesn't really do that. Chevy is looking at numbers, Ford is looking at the experience.

Boss Mustang 302 Versus Chevrolet Camaro 1LE - Comparison Tests - Road & Track

Real world Boss 302 vs. 1LE Virginia magazine laptime - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Well put. That's the thing about Road Racing or Track time. While cars and their abilities matter, its the driver that will make or break himself.

Users who are viewing this thread