The Beginning of Fast 'N Loud: The Real Gas Monkey Garage

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I finally figured out how Gas Monkey Garage was "randomly" discovered by Discovery Network for them to start producing the show. It seems that GMG was supposed to be featured on Overhaulin' episodes about 8 years ago, but it all went to shit after a very interesting run about on hotrodder.com with a botched marketing scheme.

http://spankmymarketer.com/summary.html

My question is I wonder what would happen of this were to resurface? As many know from last night's episode, Tom Smith and Jordan Butler were fired from GMG (more on that HERE).

Also there was recently an article published revealing the producers scheme for making up these "barn finds" that involves the recently discovered Trans Ams.

http://www.hotrod.com/news/did_fast_n_loud_make_this_up/

And yes, I am bored this morning.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I read about the hotrodder.com controversy a year ago. Not sure what to think or believe but the show is pretty entertaining. Met them at SEMA last year. Aaron was super cool and down to earth.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I read about the hotrodder.com controversy a year ago. Not sure what to think or believe but the show is pretty entertaining. Met them at SEMA last year. Aaron was super cool and down to earth.

I've heard Aaron is the more likable one. I've hung out with Josh (Anderson) a few times back when he was part of our local 5.0 club in DFW. He hangs with Aaron a ton, and says he chill. But no one likes Richard. His arrogant attitude on the show is him in real life, I have been told. Supposedly Aaron can't stand Richard, and only hangs around him if he is forced for the show.

I don't see Fast 'N Loud lasting too much longer. Question is will GMG collapse after the show...

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
It is no secret that the show is fake regarding the prices and the time involved. The producer of the show also bought that F40 wrecked for 65k I believe. They really do sell and build those cars though.

Richard owned a very successful printing company

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/stories/2004/07/26/smallb1.html?page=all

I heard that Dennis actually owned the F40 already, trading the original F40 owner straight up for a Lambo. The F40 was sitting in his warehouse when the producers found it and came up with the plot to rebuild it.

I posted about the fakery more for people that actually believe it's real.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
gmg will last long after this show is over. he has been doing this for a long time and it good at it. the show is fake to a point but what richard and aaron do is real and the show throws a twist to it like everything. as long as that place keeps making money aaron and richard arent breaking up.

richard is a salesmen who likes cars..

aaron is a old school car guy who just likes cars..

Last edited:

Steve@Tasca

All you have to do is look at the Falcon Aaron built for himself to know he's a real car guy, the ONLY thing he did to it that I didn't really like was the wheels he chose.

0021963_Ford_Falcon_GMG_zps2245b174.jpg

0061963_Ford_Falcon_GMG_zpsdb69afb9.jpg

The show itself is entertainment, that's all.

-Steve

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
gmg will last long after this show is over. he has been doing this for a long time and it good at it. the show is fake to a point but what richard and aaron do is real and the show throws a twist to it like everything. as long as that place keeps making money aaron and richard arent breaking up.

richard is a salesmen who likes cars..

aaron is a old school car guy who just likes cars..

I get that, but I don't for see them holding the build pace they are now thanks to the TV show. Everyone and their mom are trying to get on the show with their build or selling them a car. After the show if over, I'm sure it will die down a bit. I respect Aaron's talents, and I actually wish he could get his own shop and just build cars and document that, without the crap filler.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Anybody have any bets on how much the show will be affected without tom and jordan now? outside of Aaron and Richard, those two were pretty central to the show imho.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
All you have to do is look at the Falcon Aaron built for himself to know he's a real car guy, the ONLY thing he did to it that I didn't really like was the wheels he chose.

The show itself is entertainment, that's all.

-Steve

I'm not putting Aaron down at all.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
I get that, but I don't for see them holding the build pace they are now thanks to the TV show. Everyone and their mom are trying to get on the show with their build or selling them a car. After the show if over, I'm sure it will die down a bit. I respect Aaron's talents, and I actually wish he could get his own shop and just build cars and document that, without the crap filler.

its possible it will slow down. but I sent them a few emails about a 75 Ford Bronco that my dealership was selling for cheap.. I got a auto response saying they will get back to me in 48 hours and if I dont get a response that they werent interested at all. they never answered me.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Anybody have any bets on how much the show will be affected without tom and jordan now? outside of Aaron and Richard, those two were pretty central to the show imho.

Tom was a character. But he was also a master when it came to wrenching. As much crap as they were given, I'm pretty sure Aaron will miss having them the most.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
its possible it will slow down. but I sent them a few emails about a 75 Ford Bronco that my dealership was selling for cheap.. I got a auto response saying they will get back to me in 48 hours and if I dont get a response that they werent interested at all. they never answered me.

I can only imagine the number of emails they are flooded with everyday.

Zemedici

Established Member
I liked the show when it first came on, but it's literally the same thing over and over now. And all the bullshit filler is rather annoying. I want to see them buy and build a nice car on a budget. Not spend 40,000 on restoring one.

The latest episodes were super cheesy, especially that smokey and the bandit episode. Yuck.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I like the show haven't got to watch this weeks episode I dvr'd it. I heard Aaron actually left and has his own shop and only works with Richard when filming the show,

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I like the show haven't got to watch this weeks episode I dvr'd it. I heard Aaron actually left and has his own shop and only works with Richard when filming the show,

It's interesting you say that. Because when I saw a picture of his Falcon over the weekend at the big bend race in South Texas, I didn't notice a single GMG decal on the car at all....

image.gif

Last edited:

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
It's interesting you say that. Because when I saw a picture of his Falcon over the weekend at the big bend race in South Texas, I didn't notice a single GMG decal on the car at all....

image.gif
I retract my previous statement.

anyone wanna get a laugh.. google richard and aaron net worth... and check out his buddy dennis.. wtf where did I go wrong with my life....

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
It popped up a second ago when I googled pics of Aaron's girlfriend (or whatever she is). She is smoking hot btw. Aaron is 1.5M net worth. I'm scared to even see what Dennis is...

Richard is 15M, probably thanks to his owning of Lincoln Printing Co

Dennis is 20M, but still owns a Jeep business in Wylie, NE of DFW.

What's cool is Aaron is from the town where my fiance lives. lol

Users who are viewing this thread