The Big-Brake Kit

Tex Arcana

Established Member
So this past week I put on my TCE big-brake kit. Nice kit, from TCE Performance (http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/). Tood, the main guy, is really helpful, and doesn't take online orders, so he can talk to you about your choices and their appropriateness.

Sorry, I didn't have time to get before pics, or pics of the hardware included. But the kit comes with rotors, calipers, stainless steel braided lines, adapters and all hardware necessary to mount the kit. Plus Todd is very helpful and knowledgable about the applications and any pitfcalls you might encounter--and he personally actually answers the phone when you call.

Nice pic of the rotor on the hub:
rtg7kz.jpg

rtgbd5.jpg

rtgdvk.jpg

Ugh, ran into a problem, tho: the dust shield behind the rotor was interfereing with the rotor!! :mad: I got all pissy and shit, then when the wife came down to check on me, she mentioned I could remove the shield, which reminded me of an age-old fitment method: "field reformation": bend the shit out of it. Which I did, and it fit. While pitching my fit, I called Tood at TCE and left him a message (after hours, of course). He did call back the next morning, and apologized for leaving that little item off his instructions, and told me I could toss the sheild. However, I noticed that there's an item on the shield that I think is important:
rtgf0z.jpg

That rim in the middle is a sheild for the backside of the bearing hub: it protects the dust seal. So I cut the whole shield down and reinstalled it:
rtgkma.jpg

rtgmya.jpg

One side done:
rtgoed.jpg

rti1iv.jpg

Finshed up by 11pm Friday nite, had 'em bedded in by midnite. Of course, I had to pack up the truck for the run at MSR, meaning I was up 'til 3am. :( And, of course, damn the luck, they had to call the event due to flooding. :(

I also put in my QA1 shocks and boxed shackles, but I didnd't get pics of that, either. :(

Tex Arcana

Established Member
SWThomas said:
Very Nice. If I ever hit the lottery, I might get a set of those...

Hey, the entire kit was just $1800, not including the fluid. And he tossed in upgraded pads and a set of speed bleeders for nothing. :thumbsup:

Tex Arcana

Established Member
xxunleadedxx said:
Looks great, godda love the wilwoods but you should have done some painting and clean like this while you were under there with everything apart.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b364/xxunleadedxx/Picture106.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]You think you could've posted a bigger picture?? So I could wait for a MONTH for it to download?? :(

Besides, I actually RACE my truck--no garage queen here.

svtpwd831

4G63
Established Member
Tex Arcana said:
So this past week I put on my TCE big-brake kit. Nice kit, from TCE Performance (http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/). Tood, the main guy, is really helpful, and doesn't take online orders, so he can talk to you about your choices and their appropriateness.

Sorry, I didn't have time to get before pics, or pics of the hardware included. But the kit comes with rotors, calipers, stainless steel braided lines, adapters and all hardware necessary to mount the kit. Plus Todd is very helpful and knowledgable about the applications and any pitfcalls you might encounter--and he personally actually answers the phone when you call.

Nice pic of the rotor on the hub:
rtg7kz.jpg

rtgbd5.jpg

rtgdvk.jpg

Ugh, ran into a problem, tho: the dust shield behind the rotor was interfereing with the rotor!! :mad: I got all pissy and shit, then when the wife came down to check on me, she mentioned I could remove the shield, which reminded me of an age-old fitment method: "field reformation": bend the shit out of it. Which I did, and it fit. While pitching my fit, I called Tood at TCE and left him a message (after hours, of course). He did call back the next morning, and apologized for leaving that little item off his instructions, and told me I could toss the sheild. However, I noticed that there's an item on the shield that I think is important:
rtgf0z.jpg

That rim in the middle is a sheild for the backside of the bearing hub: it protects the dust seal. So I cut the whole shield down and reinstalled it:
rtgkma.jpg

rtgmya.jpg

One side done:
rtgoed.jpg

rti1iv.jpg

Finshed up by 11pm Friday nite, had 'em bedded in by midnite. Of course, I had to pack up the truck for the run at MSR, meaning I was up 'til 3am. :( And, of course, damn the luck, they had to call the event due to flooding. :(

I also put in my QA1 shocks and boxed shackles, but I didnd't get pics of that, either. :(

damm nice as brakes....... :banana: :banana:

Tex Arcana said:
You think you could've posted a bigger picture?? So I could wait for a MONTH for it to download?? :(

Besides, I actually RACE my truck--no garage queen here.

Didn't think the pic was that BIG :cryying: you have a PM :burn:

Tex Arcana

Established Member
xxunleadedxx said:
Didn't think the pic was that BIG :cryying: you have a PM :burn:

To dialup, it's HUGE.. :bash:

xxunleadedxx said:
The truck is raced not a "Garage Queen" There is nothing wrong with taking your time and adding the finishing touches unlike your rusted ass spindles. :xpl:
You took the time to paint your shitty ass welded gay rack didn't you :??: So I suggest you STFU :loser:

Ifn' you're gonna say stuff like this, have the balls to say it in public. :nono: STFYourself,
kaboom.gif

Last edited:

Tex Arcana

Established Member
ChronicReign said:
Get Verizon Fios, Fiberoptic internet. Once you get it, you will never go back! :coolman:

I wish: the area I'm in, the only thing available is ISDN. :crying: I can't even get DSL, or wireless internet! :eek:

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
Ha, I was thinking that too. At first all i saw was a X

I usually try to be positive and offer constructive criticism, but that was response was basically "yeah, yeah, BUT LOOK AT MINE - see it's better".

If you're gonna be that way, it better be perfect (like mine :coolman: ). But I'll post mine up on its own without bitchslapping someone's thread.

Herb

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
No kidding. Plus he's saying " Hey look at what I did, my $200 rotorpros brake job came out way nicer than your $1800 TCE job!"

Okay $210 after the 2 cans of spraypaint.

Tex Arcana

Established Member
What's funny is that he never noticed the situation I was in: rushing to get it done so I could race the next two days--and both of which got rained out. What's the point of blinging the undercarriage with paint that would get ruined anyway?? If I decide to bling it, I might consider painting or powdercoating it; but 'til then I'm more concerned with function over bling.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Just a word to the wise, check all the rotor/hat bolts for torque, should be 21 ft. lbs. Making sure they have lock tite won't hurt either. Don't ask why I say so.

Users who are viewing this thread