The Big "C"

s_x_i

Established Member
I got a call from my kid brother last week, normally we speak every couple of weeks on Skype, but not by phone, so I wondered if something was up. Plus he called me from his cell phone (UK to US) that never happens.

Well, long story short, he waffled around a bit and never really said anything then he let me go. Kinda weird imo. So I talk to my Dad later that night and he asks "did you talk to your brother?" and then adds "you need to call him" So I leave him a message and a couple of days later I get a hold of him. Turns out, he has a lump on one of his balls. He went to the doctors, they took one look and they said surgery - now.

Well, he emailed me today. He had his surgery this morning and got the results back from some scan they did last week. Turns out that there's two more lumps in his chest and he has to go start Chemo on Monday.

What the ****? :shrug:

I mean, what do I do?

This is my kid brother, he's 26 and there's no history of anything like this in my family whatsoever. Talk about out of nowhere! He's always been one to just get on with it, whatever he's doing. In his e-mail to me he was more concerned about me mailing him some laser toys for his dog than he was about what's going on and honestly, I'm freaking out. I have no clue where this came from, they are sending the testicle that they removed for testing, but it seems that with two other lumps in his chest, whatever he has is malignant.

**** :(

Guys, I know we have our back and forth debates on religion and all, but damn, if those of you that believe could add him to your prayer lists I would appreciate it no end. I feel useless, I'm gonna pray as hard as I can and see what develops over the next couple of weeks. I have everything in order here to where I can go home if I need to, I won't hesitate to get on a plane if it comes to that.

Damn - sorry for the long post, I'm just kinda down.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Damn man, that sucks.
I'll send my well wishes his way.
Sounds like they caught it pretty early, he'll be right as rain in no time.
Do you mind posting his first name?

Last edited:

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
Oh man you never like to read things like this. I had a good friend get cancer when we were 16 in high school. All the doctors gave him a 20% chance of survivial, but my friends and I really supported him and encouraged him to fight as much as he could. After 2 years of chemo and tons of treatment he was 100% cancer free. Now at 24 we look back and realize what a big help our involvment was. I know it sounds cliche, but being there for him is the biggest help you can possibly give him. It will a tough road ahead, but with friends and family by your side he can beat it.

Thoughts and prays out to you guys.

Last edited:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Will... Will Smith :rolleyes:

I hope they caught it early and he can beat it 100%.

He'll be 100% in no time.
Being young and stubborn will help him kick the bitches ass.
PM me your number if you want to talk. Both of my Grandpa's had the big C, there will be some tough times but he'll get through.

Last edited:

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
Good luck to your brother. I am sorry to hear, that is horrible man. He will beat it and come out of this better than ever. My thoughts and prayers go out to him.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I hope the strength of youth and stubborn determination help him overcome this crazy disease. i hate cancer.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
send him what he asked for. and some coloring books and crayons for his down days. I know it sounds crazy but you would be surprised what coloring will do.

ItsReal93

Established Member
send him what he asked for. and some coloring books and crayons for his down days. I know it sounds crazy but you would be surprised what coloring will do.

This. I have the big c and I color and draw during my treatments. It does help.

I am really sorry about your brother. The only thing you can do is let him know that you are there for him. I can't tell you how many people have shied away from me since I became sick. What helps me is people just letting me know they are here. A strong support system and keeping positive is key.

If you need to talk or anything, feel free to pm me. Cancer is tough to deal with on everyone. Sometimes just talking to someone who is experiencing it themselves really helps. Prayers to you and your family.

Last edited:

roadwarrior60

Established Member
like other have said, just being there for him is going to help a lot. support him in any way you can and do whatever it takes to keep his attitude positive. i almost want to have my mom make an account on here so she can help you guys out with this. as of last week, she has successfully beat cancer TWICE! (breast cancer then ovarian cancer). she is not only the strongest person i know, but she never had anything but a smile on her face thru it all. i dont know how she always stayed positive, but she did. thoughts and prayers are with your brother.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is definitely very sad news, and he is likely very depressed over it. I will keep Will in my prayers. Medicine has come a long way and more and more people are beating cancer through proper treatment. So expect him to beat this, and encourage him along the way as he needs it. He is going to be fine in the end.

Coiled03

Established Member
Sorry to hear this. But I'm sure his youth and a positive attitude will help get him through this. Good luck!

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
sorry to hear man, definitely keeping him in my prayers. I have 2 close friends, one 22, one 24 that both just got diagnosed with cancer a couple months ago, so I kind of know how you feel. Just be there for him, you being his big brother, he's going to really need you.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Ugh, that's tough news, so sorry to hear :(

I hope the strength of youth and stubborn determination help him overcome this crazy disease. i hate cancer.

If Will is half as stubborn as Sam he'll kick it's ass in no time.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
i recently went through the same thing with my older brother. he had not been feeling well for months, and the doctors misdiagnosed him repeatedly. one day he woke up with a swollen testicle and a large lump under his armpit. he went to the hospital and they knew it was cancer right away. he was diagnosed with hodgkin's lymphoma. he was 29 when finally diagnosed, but i'm sure he had the cancer for years.

when they finally caught it, it was stage 4 and spread all over. he had large tumors throughout his chest and on his heart. he went through very aggressive chemo, and then finally a stem cell transplant. he has been in remission for a few months, but just this past week one of his symptoms started to come back. he has an appointment tomorrow with his oncologist to see what is going on.

it is very tough to deal with, i know. the best thing you can do is try to send positive energy, and keep your brother lifted up. it will be hard with him being so far away, but stay in contact with him often. i truly believe that positive energy goes a long way to fighting this disease and beating it. good luck, and i wish your brother the best...

-jake

Users who are viewing this thread