The Black Ghost: Street Racing Legend - 1970 Dodge Challenger 426 Hemi

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
One of my favorite muscle cars from back in the day.

C-Tidda

Established Member
Just finished watching before I logged in lol, great story.
I loved the way his old friend talked about the car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Long ass video.
But worth the view, Brad.

Even back then, Chrysler led the pack with spot on marketing. I had to laugh at them cancelling the Panther Pink paint because an exec wouldn't have a Dodge dressed in pink. I remember that Dodge Challenger TV commercial.

Chrysler did definitely make it easier for the consumer to buy a big block bad ass muscle car. No holds barred then. No holds barred today.

I love watching videos like this that highlight legendary racers and legendary muscle cars. The Black Ghost.....legendary driver, legendary car.

The other reason why I loved this story was here was a kid who grew up in a not so good Detroit neighborhood where crime and drugs prevailed. But he stayed away from that stuff, as did his buddies. He did 3 years of ROTC in high school. He excelled as a paratrooper. He excelled as a cop after. He never complained about where he came from. No complaining! No blaming! Just made right decisions and succeeded. Quite a man! Very different from the complaining and blaming folks we see today.

upload_2020-12-20_7-31-57.png

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the vid. I remember seeing this car at the muscle car/corvette nats and hearing the story. It seemed like everyone had heard of this car.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Finally watched the video.
Great story and even greater car!!

72SBC

Established Member
I’m sorry. A stock ass challenger isn't the king of shit on some bullshit 70’s tires. I stoped at the “ grab the $100 bill”. Must have had the 3/4 race cam and jumped coke bottles too.

Those cars are slow as shit. 13’s at best.

Users who are viewing this thread