The car has changed. What would you do?

blacksnake305

Established Member
Hey all,

Just looking for opinions. Back in the day I ran a 385rwhp Big bore w/ 4.10 gears. It was a good combo.

I now run a 474rwhp KB w/ the 4.10 gears.

USE: She is not a daily driver but I do drive her as much as I can. During the good months up here, i'll easly put 50 miles a day driving back and forth to work (which I enjoy very much). My point is that BFG drags (and the like are not likely as they don't have the 'life' to put 10k miles a year on her.
I currently run 305 Nitto Drags on 10" rears. These tires last exactly two seasons, no more.

QUESTION: should I widen my 10" rims to 11.5 and throw 335 nitto drags on her or should I go down to a 3.73 gear. OR do you have a better suggestion???

I don't want to make the car any slower, but as expected, 1st is useless and running her at the track is much more challenging nowadays. And i'm not a 'Slick' guy as I don't want to break anything...

Opinions appreciated!

blacksnake305

Established Member
I'd go with the wider tires,

however, 474HP, gears and track do not match with your above statement.

I hear ya. Its a great STREET brawler, but not a good track car currently. My only fear is that 2inches of additional tire width might not do the trick. That's alot of money to find out you know???

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
So just keep Nitto 305s on your normal wheels and buy another pair of rims 11.5" rims for some MT ET Drags for the track.

mustangman36578

Established Member
i would go with wider tires and possibly upgrade the suspension in the rear (not sure what you have done to the rear suspension already).
by the way are you guys going out to the track anymore this year? im trying to get something going with some people for the middle/end of september. i want to see what it runs N/A before i start the eaton swap on it this winter.

blacksnake305

Established Member
i would go with wider tires and possibly upgrade the suspension in the rear (not sure what you have done to the rear suspension already).
by the way are you guys going out to the track anymore this year? im trying to get something going with some people for the middle/end of september. i want to see what it runs N/A before i start the eaton swap on it this winter.

There is lots going on. This saturday we are hitting woodward w/ Lidio and his crew (and are going to port huron that same night). Give me a shout if you want to tag along... if you have the BALLZ... lol

As for formal track days, my clan is helping MRT sponsor a dedicated track day at Milan on 9/15. Also, lidio is having his dedicated track day on Oct 3rd I believe. My crew is planning to be at both...

mustangman36578

Established Member
There is lots going on. This saturday we are hitting woodward w/ Lidio and his crew (and are going to port huron that same night). Give me a shout if you want to tag along... if you have the BALLZ... lol

As for formal track days, my clan is helping MRT sponsor a dedicated track day at Milan on 9/15. Also, lidio is having his dedicated track day on Oct 3rd I believe. My crew is planning to be at both...

ill go cruise woodward with you guys and head up to port huron. what time you guys planning on going because i work till 6 tomorrow. i need to test out the mickey thompson drag radials that i will be buying tomorrow hopefully. well i dont have a 474rwhp kb but its not too slow lol.

ill try and get the 15th off but i will be able to go the 3rd for sure.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread