Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Boycott....

This thread:
2kqtwx.jpg

stangfreak

Established Member
He said, its called TECHNOLOGY. Yea, you already have a COYOTE MUSTANG. You have one. Im sure your going to get the new mustang when it comes out with even better technolgy. so your going to have a fleet of mustangs with coyote motors. Kinda boring and redundant. if your going to bring back a terminator cobra from the dead, leave it with the 4.6 or just drop a boss block in it. Maybe with a stroke. A 324ci motor? Just my opinion. I would just shift this thread to the coyote section, not the terminator section. But good luck with the build. Maybe lethal can figure out how to make this swap legal so it passes emissions in other states who want to do this swap. That can be very useful.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
He said, its called TECHNOLOGY. Yea, you already have a COYOTE MUSTANG. You have one. Im sure your going to get the new mustang when it comes out with even better technolgy. so your going to have a fleet of mustangs with coyote motors. Kinda boring and redundant. if your going to bring back a terminator cobra from the dead, leave it with the 4.6 or just drop a boss block in it. Maybe with a stroke. A 324ci motor? Just my opinion. I would just shift this thread to the coyote section, not the terminator section. But good luck with the build. Maybe lethal can figure out how to make this swap legal so it passes emissions in other states who want to do this swap. That can be very useful.

If you're talking NY there are ways with the control pack :). Still don't condone this project but you can get by here. I don't have one but found info getting... a friend's to pass and getting VIN numbers and stuff in a ECU with no VIN. Maybe things have changed its been awhile.

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
How much cash did that low tech car net you over the past 18years? I'd say It started and funded your business...
I bought the car in July 2002 cash and have had it since. I wouldn't say it funded the business but if it weren't for that car I would have never been on this site, met the people I have or ended up in this industry. I have a lot to be thankful and grateful for.

Rambro

Established Member
I bought the car in July 2002 cash and have had it since. I wouldn't say it funded the business but if it weren't for that car I would have never been on this site, met the people I have or ended up in this industry. I have a lot to be thankful and grateful for.
That’s cool. It’s a coyote world we are living in now so I understand the appeal of it, especially to the younger generation. But most people think of the 03/04 platform as being way behind the coyote stuff, lame, no technology but that’s not entirely true. It would be nice to see the cobra come back with one of the new plug and play ecu’s, 3.0 whipple, some cams and heads to match so you can actually rev the thing past 6500. But a coyote swap is what your son wants and it will probably be better for your business so go for it. I’ll just wait for the terminator fox.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
That’s cool. It’s a coyote world we are living in now so I understand the appeal of it, especially to the younger generation. But most people think of the 03/04 platform as being way behind the coyote stuff, lame, no technology but that’s not entirely true. It would be nice to see the cobra come back with one of the new plug and play ecu’s, 3.0 whipple, some cams and heads to match so you can actually rev the thing past 6500. But a coyote swap is what your son wants and it will probably be better for your business so go for it. I’ll just wait for the terminator fox.
To be 100% up front it was pretty much my decision to go with the coyote swap and 10 speed. I enjoyed our 2018 GT with the Gen 3 yote and 10 speed so much that for me it's what I wanted for the cobra. I get that it doesn't have the OG cobra appeal to it but for me and my personal likes it's what I wanted to bring the car back with.

Rambro

Established Member
To be 100% up front it was pretty much my decision to go with the coyote swap and 10 speed. I enjoyed our 2018 GT with the Gen 3 yote and 10 speed so much that for me it's what I wanted for the cobra. I get that it doesn't have the OG cobra appeal to it but for me and my personal likes it's what I wanted to bring the car back with.
Not a bad decision at all. I have a 15 gt for a daily and it’s such a nice car I really don’t want to mod it past the Lund tune, eibachs, and muffler deletes. But it would be even better with a vortech at 8 psi lol. Just like the terminator’s the coyotes are phenomenal with boost, no denying it. Only terminator purists won’t like the swap but at least it’s not an LS.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
A 5.0 is great and all but you removed the most special component of a Cobra. This is like taking a Boss 429 and swapping it with a 5.0. What is next? Removing the IRS?

Santiago

Established Member
The IRS has been gone for over a decade. It's not a real cobra now so why stop now? lol

At the end of the day it’s your car do whatever makes you happy unfortunately some of us don’t like the fact that your going coyote swap but who are we to say what to do with your car it’s a bad ass car how it sits and your video you posted years back when she was on the dyno was one of the reason why I own a cobra & a whipple but I can only imagine how more of a animal it’s gonna be now with that swap good luck and enjoy ur memories with your son

Captain_Slow

Established Member
The IRS has been gone for over a decade. It's not a real cobra now so why stop now? lol
Yah clearly you already ditched the IRS, so you might as well take out the Engine and T56 and just make it a complete husk of a terminator.
At this point, why wouldn't you just throw the new coyote drivetrain into any other new edge shell/ roller?
You are taking everything out of the Terminator, that makes it special, and just turning it into another dime-a-dozen coyote car that no one cares about.
It's your car, so do what you wan't. But I don't see why you're posting a coyote swap in the terminator section.

AMB

Established Member

black03, do you remember me "AMB"; I have 03 Cobra too. We used to talk about using SCT to tune the 03 Cobras!!!

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Hopefully all of the negativity doesn't stop you from posting your build and challenges along the way with this! I for one am extremely interested in following as it's what I want to do with a new edge build with twin turbos once my Cobra is back on the road.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Curious if you're going to try and come up with a factory looking way to add paddle shifters or just use the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel? Or maybe you haven't even thought that far yet lol. Still interested in following, so if you do start a new thread please post a link for it here!
Thanks
Ken

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ouch! You probably half expected the reactions to removing the revered blown 4.6 in favor of a Coyote, Jared. It's your car and your dime, so go for it. It will be interesting to see where you take this journey. I'll be following it if you post a build thread.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I am amazed about all the butt hurt. Sounds like Porsche purists with every new technology. I remember when foxbody 302s were all the rage being swapped into 60s mustangs for the drivability. Then it was 4.6 swaps, now 5.0s. The coyotes breathe extremely well, have volumetric efficiency off the chart. Stock for stock the 5.0 NA has more hp than a stock terminator. A 5.2xs is rated at approx 580hp! I saw one in a fox that put 600rwhp na. Who wouldn’t want that? I would love one for my 84 ranger. As with the others, I’m just happy it’s not an LS swap. Your car, your money so enjoy! Looking forward to the next video

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread