the coveted CO cobra

OrangeVenom04

Established Member
I genuinely like the Co alot. I didn't get one back in the day cause I was in high school in 04 lol
THIS and honestly when they first came out, I hated the body style. Was a big fan of the SN95 and took awhile for this to grow on me.
I don't like the MC at all. Saw one in person and just wasn't intrigued at all and thought the interior was hideous. DSG, OW, and CO are the way to go.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
How many people actually like Comp O? and how many are just getting caught up in the low production numbers?

For you old timers if Comp O is so desirable how come no one ordered it back in 04?

I'm not trying to start a crap storm but I'm just generally wondering.

I think dealers do not order this color in bulk because, in general, people do not like orange cars. since manufacturers and dealers are all about profit and how many cars they can move, dealers will order colors that they think will be bought by the broadest range of customers.

we as car enthusiasts make up an extremely small percentage of the car buying public and if we order a car new i think most of us pick a wild color or one that "goes with" performance of the vehicle. orange has always been a very popular color for any musclecar. so this color coupled with the highest performance version of the mustang will be sought after by enthusiasts who are looking for them when buying used.

for most people it is a love it or hate it thing. when I first brought home my car my gf at the time was like wtf? and people at work told me it was disturbing. I told them, "but it's rare!," and they would tell me that they could see why. LOL

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I think dealers do not order this color in bulk because, in general, people do not like orange cars. since manufacturers and dealers are all about profit and how many cars they can move, dealers will order colors that they think will be bought by the broadest range of customers.

we as car enthusiasts make up an extremely small percentage of the car buying public and if we order a car new i think most of us pick a wild color or one that "goes with" performance of the vehicle. orange has always been a very popular color for any musclecar. so this color coupled with the highest performance version of the mustang will be sought after by enthusiasts who are looking for them when buying used.

for most people it is a love it or hate it thing. when I first brought home my car my gf at the time was like wtf? and people at work told me it was disturbing. I told them, "but it's rare!," and they would tell me that they could see why. LOL

100% spot on. I love mine CO and SB are my favorite colors.

matt87

Established Member
not many cars can do orange well and i must say the 04 cobra is one that can. looks real nice on the 15s too!

SOVACobra03

I have an addiction......
Established Member

well said, bravo!

Noreast

Established Member
When I was on the market for one I wasn't looking for a comp orange. The car showed up and was exactly what I was looking for ( bolt on wise ) and just happened to be orange.

2003SonicSVT

Established Member
I know it took me a good long time to find mine. As has been said, you love it or you hate it. I had a SB car a few years ago, and always knew what I really wanted was CO. Not because its rare, but just personal preference. In the end, thats all that really matters after all, no? :banana:

dom418

Established Member
How many people actually like Comp O? and how many are just getting caught up in the low production numbers?

For you old timers if Comp O is so desirable how come no one ordered it back in 04?

I'm not trying to start a crap storm but I'm just generally wondering.

I agree. But I also think Orange is ugly so I can't relate to the premium being paid for it. CO was offered on every mustang in 04. I Pay a premium for unmolested, stock Terminators, color isn't as important to me, condition is.

Different strokes I guess.

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Just for the record I don't hate Comp O, I just don't understand why so many think its amazing and yet no one ordered one new. To me I'd much rather have OW, SB, or SY......but I'm also one of the few that doesn't like Mysticchrome as well.

I had my sonic blue and sold it and bought a 2012 CO Boss 302. I got rid of that to pay off some debt. I loved sonic blue but would not repeat the color. And CO is what I wanted originally. So I got what I wanted this time
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427581588.539417.jpg

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Just for the record I don't hate Comp O, I just don't understand why so many think its amazing and yet no one ordered one new. To me I'd much rather have OW, SB, or SY......but I'm also one of the few that doesn't like Mysticchrome as well.

I didn't order one new, but I bought one brand new after I personally saw the way the color looked on the car. One and done, I was hooked. It's amazing, to me, because it never gets old with just about any backdrop or changing ambient light profiles I've pictured it in. Still have the car; only put 8K miles on it and it's in waiting for my 12 year old son. Now I'm searching for that special SB cobra somewhere out there for my 11 y/o daughter...

Actually, it was 2 and done. After ~3 months of seeing my car driving around, my dad drove to Michigan and bought one of the last "new" CO coupes with 20 miles on it. Took it to MT, siphoned the gas, put it on jack stands next to all his other collectible Fords where it sits with 20 miles as of today.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Actually, it was 2 and done. After ~3 months of seeing my car driving around, my dad drove to Michigan and bought one of the last "new" CO coupes with 20 miles on it. Took it to MT, siphoned the gas, put it on jack stands next to all his other collectible Fords where it sits with 20 miles as of today.

That poor car......

SVTXTC

Established Member
I didn't order one new, but I bought one brand new after I personally saw the way the color looked on the car. One and done, I was hooked. It's amazing, to me, because it never gets old with just about any backdrop or changing ambient light profiles I've pictured it in. Still have the car; only put 8K miles on it and it's in waiting for my 12 year old son. Now I'm searching for that special SB cobra somewhere out there for my 11 y/o daughter...

The way your dad looked at it, this Cobra was your birthright. He'd be damned if any slopes gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy's birthright, so he hid it, in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he wore this Cobra up his ass. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the Cobra. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the Cobra to you.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
The way your dad looked at it, this Cobra was your birthright. He'd be damned if any slopes gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy's birthright, so he hid it, in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he wore this Cobra up his ass. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the Cobra. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the Cobra to you.

Looks like I need to visit amazon, find a little kangaroo statue, and take pics of it next to some choice cars this summer.

SVTXTC

Established Member
Looks like I need to visit amazon, find a little kangaroo statue, and take pics of it next to some choice cars this summer.

I see what you did there!

The Statler Brothers song that Bruce Willis was singing along to on the way back to his apartment had a line "smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo". In the movie Die Hard With a Vengeance, there's a scene in which he tells Samuel L. Jackson that he'd rather be home "smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo".

Users who are viewing this thread