The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

CyberDaveA

Established Member
My Girlfriend and I went to see the movie yesterday. I thought it was pretty darn good. My girlfriend was more enamored with it than me... but it was good. I didn't realize that it was almost 3 hours long though.

So far it's recieved a pretty good rating on rottentomatoes.com

Anybody else see it?

99cobradave

Established Member
I plan on seeing it this weekend. I think it looks good. Plus I'm a fan of the director (he directed Seven), Brad Pitt (cracked me up in "Burn After Reading"), Cate Blanchet and what's not to like about a screenplay based on a short by F. Scott Fitzgerald?

Thanks for the positive review.

Mayo5

Established Member
Fantastic movie. Will be a dark horse for the Oscars.

Very subtle/strong acting. Long and flowing storyline, with great changing scenery.

Amazing visual effects and great editing.

If you had to see two movies this holidays/New Year season, then I would go see Benjamin Button or Slumdog Millionaire.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Good. I wanna go see it, but I'm waiting for the opening weekend crowds to disperse.

CyberDaveA

Established Member
Fantastic movie. Will be a dark horse for the Oscars.

Very subtle/strong acting. Long and flowing storyline, with great changing scenery.

Amazing visual effects and great editing.

If you had to see two movies this holidays/New Year season, then I would go see Benjamin Button or Slumdog Millionaire.

Thanks Mayo... you did a better job describing the movie than I did.

It's one of those movies that the more you talk about it and think about it afterwords... it just gets better and better.

canibus

Established Member
brad pitt is one of my favorite actors. i've liked all his movies, except for mr. and mrs. smith. I'll be checking this one out too.

firebird1999us

Established Member
Great movie!:beer:

I would have done a few things different stylistically...but overall I was really impressed and would go see it again! Ona side note I went to school with the the guys who play the twins on the tugboat!:p

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
It was filmed here in Louisiana, New Orleans. My mom has tickets.. And Mentioned this movie. I will go this coming week, Watching UFC 92 Tonight and off to Houston in the morning

assasyn

Established Member
To me, it was a tremendous story and an above average movie. It's above Big Fish and below Forrest Gump IMO.

Mayo5

Established Member
it looks good!

I could swear i saw a preview for it a couple years ago though

Yeah, I believe this script/idea had been tossed around for quite a few number of years before Fincher picked up the movie.

Last edited:

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Ok so I finally saw this movie. I thought it was great. The idea is interesting and the movie comes together so well. Brad Pitt is intrepid in finding what he wants out of life and stopping along the way to fulfill what he wants. Awesome movie. 9.5/10

Users who are viewing this thread