The elusive Shelby Super Snake Wheel Weights

Blaine

Established Member
***TOP SECRET*** Alcoa Wheel Weights.:beer:

20X10 Alcoa Wheel (32 LBS)

2qj9mat.jpg

20 X 9 Alcoa Wheel (30 LBS)

2w20wo7.jpg

Not the lightest wheels in the world. I'm only using mine for daily driving. I plan on purchasing some Bogarts for the 1/4 mile.:rockon:

jcobra

Established Member
Those are the best looking wheels for the shelbys. Post some pics when you get them on. Are they still hard to get????

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
That is a little on the fat side. Although, the last wheel I weighed was a Saleen Magnesium 18x10. It was 18 lbs.

Blaine

Established Member
That is a little on the fat side. Although, the last wheel I weighed was a Saleen Magnesium 18x10. It was 18 lbs.

These wheels are gonna be for looks. Not a performance wheel at 30 lbs. If your looking for some track tires.. Bogarts would be the wise choice with some real meat under the wheels, which I'll be getting soon as well.

Those are the best looking wheels for the shelbys. Post some pics when you get them on. Are they still hard to get????

They were on a long back order. Took me 6 months to get mine. They should be on in the next day or two since I'm having coil-overs put on at the same time.

Last edited:

Blaine

Established Member
Is it really?:dw:

4,000 lbs not 5,000 lbs... sorry typo.

Factory wheels are pretty light out of the factory. Going from 18's to 20's is usually going to give you a weight gain once you factor in the increased weight of the bigger tires as well.

24.5 lbs is whats listed in the Ford Catalog. Of course once my factory wheels come off I'll get the weights off them as well.:read:

Last edited:

Gojira

Established Member
Damn those Alcoa's are pigs.

24.5 lbs is whats listed in the Ford Catalog. Of course once my factory wheels come off I'll get the weights off them as well.:read:

I weighed my stockers and they came in at 29lbs. So yes please weigh yours without the tire pressure sensors nor wheel weights so I can figure out if my scale was wrong or of the Ford Catalog is wrong.

Blaine

Established Member
Damn those Alcoa's are pigs.

I weighed my stockers and they came in at 29lbs. So yes please weigh yours without the tire pressure sensors nor wheel weights so I can figure out if my scale was wrong or of the Ford Catalog is wrong.

Here is the Alcoa 20's Weight VS. GT500 OEM Weight!!!!:beer:

Here is the Weight of the OEM 255 45 18 Tire. (22lbs)

ic64oy.jpg

Here is the Weight of a 255 45 18 TIRE + WHEEL (58 lbs!!)

2j2ch79.jpg

58lbs -22lbs = 36 LBS for the OEM wheel weight.... alot higher than I expected.

The OeM REAR Wheels are 2 lbs heavier.

So the Alcoa wheels are 6 lbs lighter than OEM GT500 wheel:read:

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
But what are the weights of the 20" wheel and tire together??????

My guess is that the 20" wheel and tire combo still weighs more than the 18" wheel and tire combo

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
so what thats the wieght of the new 2010 GT500 18's an 19's

Blaine

Established Member
But what are the weights of the 20" wheel and tire together??????

My guess is that the 20" wheel and tire combo still weighs more than the 18" wheel and tire combo

I shall have those weights soon. I had the weights of my 20" tires, but I can't find where I recorded them. :poke:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I shall have those weights soon. I had the weights of my 20" tires, but I can't find where I recorded them. :poke:

TireRack quotes the Pirelli P Zero's (which come standard on the SS) at 25lbs. for the front 255's and 26lbs. for the rear 275's. Other brands in 20" may weigh more (or less), but since we are comparing the SS wheel weight, the P Zero is the only tire to compare. It appears that the 20" Alcoa's w/Pirelli P Zero's and the factory Ford GT500 tire/wheel assemblies are very similar in weight, assuming we are weighing brand new tires vs. brand new tires with no tread loss which equals weight reduction.

The Pirelli specs also show some "specific built" P Zero's in these same sizes and they are heavier, but they are specifically listed for, Audi, Bentley, etc.

Thanks for getting a "real" weight on those Alcoa wheels.

R

Blaine

Established Member
TireRack quotes the Pirelli P Zero's (which come standard on the SS) at 25lbs. for the front 255's and 26lbs. for the rear 275's. Other brands in 20" may weigh more (or less), but since we are comparing the SS wheel weight, the P Zero is the only tire to compare. It appears that the 20" Alcoa's w/Pirelli P Zero's and the factory Ford GT500 tire/wheel assemblies are very similar in weight, assuming we are weighing brand new tires vs. brand new tires with no tread loss which equals weight reduction.

The Pirelli specs also show some "specific built" P Zero's in these same sizes and they are heavier, but they are specifically listed for, Audi, Bentley, etc.

Thanks for getting a "real" weight on those Alcoa wheels.

R

Thanks for the 20" tire weights. That puts the Alcoa Wheels + Tires about 3 lbs lighter each than OEM. Not much, but sure beats ALOT heavier OeM that I was afraid they would be.

Users who are viewing this thread