The ever so annoying "clutch pedal rattle",any solutions??

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Isn't there some sort of kit that includes a spring to take up the slack in the cable when going to an aftermarket quadrant? Maybe that's what you need.

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The only kit I see is this one :

http://www.stangsuspension.com/store/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=217

And it looks like it adjusts the height level of the clutch pedal for "easier" driving. I mean for 14 bucks it doesnt seem like too bad of a deal.

I have that kit on my car. I use it with the UPR speed release. It makes for a nice, short clutch travel that goes well with my MGW. But there's another company that makes a kit that has a spring that goes on the cable by the clutch fork. I can't remember who makes it though.

matted2thefloor

Established Member
My clutch pedal rattles really bad,Im pretty sure a lot of other peoples has too. Does anyone have a solution to resolve this problem?

While the cable and quadrant may take the rattle out there may also be another issue.

If you are still running the T-45 trans, unless you have installed a different one, has a not-so-good TOB sleeve. The one in my T-45 broke off right where it would be pressed into the trans case and caused a horrendous pedal vibration at times. I could see it by looking thru the rubber dust booton the case where the clutch fork goes into the bellhousing. I could literally move the fork up and down about 2" because at that point the TOB was "riding" right on the input shaft.

Just some FYI before you go buying parts and still have the same problem afterwards!

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
I just delt with this very issue....

You need to order the LDC clutch fork mod. It puts a spring in play so that when you arn't on the pedal the fork is not resting the TOB against the pressure plate fingers. It'll make the pedal feel "bouncy" and squeak to high hell eventually. Put the spring in and adjust the firewall adjuster so that the bearing is completly off of the fingers. The only I issue I had was this.. We have a Spec 2+ and to get the TOB off the fingers it put the grab point pretty low to the floor. BUT its not squealing anymore and the pedal isn't bouncing.

If you just simply adjust the firewall adjuster you may be making it tighter to keep the TOB against the fingers so they don't slip and churp/rattle. You could kill the TOB quick.

Last edited:

kcpgt2002

Established Member
I just delt with this very issue....

You need to order the LDC clutch fork mod. It puts a spring in play so that when you arn't on the pedal the fork is not resting the TOB against the pressure plate fingers. It'll make the pedal feel "bouncy" and squeak to high hell eventually. Put the spring in and adjust the firewall adjuster so that the bearing is completly off of the fingers. The only I issue I had was this.. We have a Spec 2+ and to get the TOB off the fingers it put the grab point pretty low to the floor. BUT its not squealing anymore and the pedal isn't bouncing.

If you just simply adjust the firewall adjuster you may be making it tighter to keep the TOB against the fingers so they don't slip and churp/rattle. You could kill the TOB quick.

I have the same exact clutch setup and problems as you in my GT.
what website sells this part?

Users who are viewing this thread