The Force is Strong"R" With This One

CO Mack

Established Member
Stopped in to Imperial Works In Sacramento to see the car briefly today. Things are still curing but all I can say is wow! The car looks better than I expected. David and his guys are putting in work. Can not wait to get it out in the sun for a photoshoot

What all are they applying?

Have you thought of anything else to say about the differences in the cars? Found an R and they showed some pretty reasonsable numbers that get me pretty close. Still struggling to justify it to myself.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Can you tell me where you got the Lloyd trunk liner? Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got the trunk mat from Mustang Depot. I find myself opening the trunk for no reason now...
What all are they applying?

Have you thought of anything else to say about the differences in the cars? Found an R and they showed some pretty reasonsable numbers that get me pretty close. Still struggling to justify it to myself.

-LLumar Air 80 blue window tint all around
-Ceramic Pro coating the entire car, plastics, and glass
-Xpel on the A pillars forward, door cups, door edge, and rear bumper stripes

Today is the first time I have driven it in over 2 weeks. I will say that the stock clutch in this car was not as vague as my 2016. Installing the Steeda clutch spring almost made no difference. I suspect ford may have made some changes there as well. Overall the driving experience in this car is a little more special. Almost similar to when you install an @MGW over the stock shifter. You think to yourself that it cannot get any better, and the difference cant be that great. But after you experience it, you just realize that it is.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
The legend has returned...

Imperial R.JPG
Han Solo Returns (7 of 2).jpg
Han Solo Returns (6 of 2).jpg

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Had a great time doing a photoshoot with Todd from GP36 Media last night. Good things are in store.

IMG_1365.jpg

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Always up to something. S550 Carbon fender vents installed. More on these later. Near perfect fitment.

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Looks good. Please tell me I'm not seeing a mudflap on there!

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Looks good. Please tell me I'm not seeing a mudflap on there!
Indeed you are. Very popular modification. These cars throw rocks like crazy. It is the reason why the R has PPF installed on the front fender behind the tire from the factory.

ZL1 add ons rock guards. I'm ordering some for mine right now as well.
Make sure you use the discount code hansologt350 for 5% off

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Been tinkering away at the R and getting parts installed. Lately it seems like I don't have time to put together a full write up. I will keep things brief, and if anyone is interested in a full installation write up let me know and I will work on getting it together

R Springs vs FP Springs
Met up with my buddy Rick at the local cars and coffee. He has a GT350 on the Apex wheels, Carbon2Carbon R aero, and running the same Michelin SC2 tire. His car has the FP lowering springs and MM plates. Measurements show about a 20mm difference up front, and a little less out back. You can visibly see it is lower

R_Changes_6_of_4.jpg

OPT7 Sequential LED Turn Signals
These were a total pain in the butt to install. It took myself and @cornercarverfan about 2.5 hours to get this task done. The end result is damn impressive, but the worst part is you never really get to see the lights in action as you drive. You know its there, but this mod is really for others to see. If I had to do it again I would, but it did take much longer than expected. No need to pull the front bumper. Go in through the fender liner, unbolt the cooler, remove a bunch of screws that holds the light, and pull it out from the front. It sounds easy, but my hands are still all beat up.

R_Changes_7_of_4.jpg

ZL1 Addons Titanium Tow Hook
This one was pretty simple since I knew what to expect from the last car. I love the look and the functionality. Pray to god I never need it. Went with titanium becauseracecar.

R_Changes_9_of_4.jpg

iJDM Toy LED 4th Brake Light
I was super sketch about buying this at first, but I want all my lighting converted to LED. It was also a pain to install and consumed 4 hours of my life. The area to work in behind the bumper is impossibly tight, the diff cooler had to be unbolted and moved, and running the wires took a little time. The kit does not come with any of the wiring connecters, grounds, or splicers you need so be sure to have them handy. I went with the smoked lens and well..... I love it. That LED surround is sexy at night. Definitely would bang again. Biggest complaint is I cant see it while driving.

R_Changes_8_of_4.jpg

Overall still in love with this car. My night photography sucks. Hope I helped you spend some money. Mod on :thumbsup:

CO Mack

Established Member
Thank you for the ride height pics, those are useful. I won't be doing that spring change, putting the splitter in even greater peril.

I've been on the fence with tow hooks, liking the center mount FP, except for the install, but if It'd make the LED indicator install easy anyway...

Really like that 4th light in the rear too.

Damn you. :)

Tomster

Established Member
Terrence, build looks great! I too don't have a whole lot of time. I'll be back after some R&R and be getting to work doing similar projects as yours.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
GORGEOUS car! I absolutely love the Lightning Blue paint. Just a stunning color. I want your car! LOL.

Coming from you that means a lot Bob. I still want you to build something awesome for these cars. put that mind to work!

Thank you for the ride height pics, those are useful. I won't be doing that spring change, putting the splitter in even greater peril.

I've been on the fence with tow hooks, liking the center mount FP, except for the install, but if It'd make the LED indicator install easy anyway...

Really like that 4th light in the rear too.

Damn you. :)

Spend that money bro!

Terrence, build looks great! I too don't have a whole lot of time. I'll be back after some R&R and be getting to work doing similar projects as yours.

Where is the vacation? Next time book me a buddy pass bro!

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
This is my second go around with the ZL1 Addons Splitter Guard washers and they have already proven their worth with my previous carbon fiber front splitter. During my last trip to the shop I was put on to a little known fact that they carry 2 different sized splitter guard washers. The smaller pieces come standard with the kits, but the larger bits are actually use by NASCAR.

ZL1_Splitter_Guards_1.jpg

ZL1_Splitter_Guards_3.jpg

This time around I wanted to add some extra protection to the areas of the splitter I found to be the most susceptible to scraping. The center portion is always high risk since it is the forward most point. Then at the 3/4 or so mark at each side there is a bulge/curve in the splitter that generally is the point to scrape first when taking an angle into or out of most driveways. That is where I placed the 3 larger pieces. The install process is simple as I placed the washer where I wanted it, drilled a pilot hole, and then screwed in the washer with the supplied screws.

ZL1_Splitter_Guards_4.jpg

ZL1_Splitter_Guards_9.jpg

ZL1_Splitter_Guards_6.jpg

Here is the final product.

ZL1_Splitter_Guards_10.jpg

DaDonkey

Established Member
So, without having to dig up the videos is the R splitter easier or harder than the non-R to install. I'm still contemplating on doing mine myself since I may trailer the car home.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The R splitter is far easier. I've installed or removed and reinstalled a few non-R splitters (all of which were incorrectly installed and lacking all the necessary hardware). I'll never go back to the 3-piece non-R splitter.

T- that badboy looks ready for battle!

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
So, without having to dig up the videos is the R splitter easier or harder than the non-R to install. I'm still contemplating on doing mine myself since I may trailer the car home.
I just had to help a local buddy with his incorrectly installed GT350 Splitter. The only benefit to the GT350 one is that if something needs adjusting at the center you do not need to unbolt the ends. But I enjoy that the R is all one piece during install. Seems much easier. Once you have done it once, twice, or three times in my case its all pretty easy.

The R splitter is far easier. I've installed or removed and reinstalled a few non-R splitters (all of which were incorrectly installed and lacking all the necessary hardware). I'll never go back to the 3-piece non-R splitter.

T- that badboy looks ready for battle!
Battle ready indeed. Wanted to hit the track at Thunder Hill on 9/11 but its just not in the cards.

Users who are viewing this thread