The Future is Here Now!

metaman

Established Member
I am pretty sure they snagged this shit from a UFO.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=957TTByL0Ls&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - DM-200 OBDII Overview[/ame]

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Thats some badass sh!t. You could get two,set each up for dfferent info, mount them in an intsrument pod kit [ I don't like A pillar kits but whatever floats your boat] then try and keep up with the readouts.

metaman

Established Member
To each his own but i like the Iphone read out.

Yeah, I will more than likely get the PLX Kiwi WiFi OBDII transmitter once they release the software that turns your Ipod Touch or Iphone into a datalogger/instrument pannel. You can even add up to 30 more sensors to the set up, they have the data boxes for each kind off sensor. So you could have all of your factory computer info, plus Air Fuel and Boost all read out on the Ipod screen. I think that the software when it comes out is going to be an app purchased through I tunes. Then the OBDII WiFi module is only like 150 bucks! The aux sensor modules for boost and air fuel will add to the cost, but who cares. Can you imagine, datalog boost, air fuel, and the rest of the computer on an Ipod then transfer the info from the Ipod to a laptop and use their laptop datalogging software to view it. Then when you are done, put the Ipod touch in your pocked, hook some ear phones to it, and go for a walk. Totally awesome! I am glad that I never bought any gages for the car now.

metaman

Established Member
Here is a vid of the current level of software. The next gen that they say on the website is soon to be released enables multiple parameters to be displayed in gauge form. This current one is still impressive enough that I might go ahead and buy it and upgrade the software when it comes out.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk_6UxAdMoY"]YouTube - Kiwi Wifi OBD II Sensor to Iphone 3G in BMW 135i[/ame]

Tractionless1

Established Member
Looked through the used manual on their website and don't see the datalogging option of the Aeroforcetech. Also not seen is the accelerometer data (0-60 quarter mile etc.) you get from the Aeroforce as well as MPG and HP. Additionally the more paramaters you view at once the lower the refresh rate is, therefore it is not realtime. It also has a separate driver box to hook up and a 12v power source is required as well as a ground, then connect the driver box to the gauge.

The Aeroforcetech simply plugs into the OBDII port and your done.

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
I had to dredge this back up to find out if anyone ever tried these out and how well they work. I might try them out because of the delay from Aeroforce.

Do these seem to be near real time and accurate?

How is the quality?

Would you buy it again?

Thanks.

SpectorV

Established Member
I sent them an email to see what all parameters they can meter compared to aeroforce as I would hate to get one and... it only read a few params and not what I require. I am also wondering how customizable the display can be ,as in can you put SVT in the gauge display etc etc.

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Oh, look at the massive customization:

PLX Devices Inc. - Multi Gauge Custom Gauge Library

Sample of the custom gauges you can download and import.

still.bmp

Still.bmp

Still.bmp

Still.bmp

If these work well and are reliable they could be kick@ass.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I may now have to go this route, since my Aeroforce shit the bed, and I can't seem to find a replacement set. These seem to be much higher tech, and way more customizable anyway. Just the price that stings a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread