The Grand Tour-Newest Season

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Has anyone seen this yet? The first episode? Holy shit is all I can say. James May is lucky he made it out of that challenge without dying in a fiery crash. Don't want to spoil it or anything and I don't even know how long this season has been out but just started watching it and was in disbelief of what I saw. Just watch the first episode and you will see.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
they still air the same show in the UK they just use different hosts. It blows.
Did not know that, but not surprised either. The original formula will never be matched/topped by anyone else except them. The networks, if they had any intuition at all, should've been able to see that.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Did not know that, but not surprised either. The original formula will never be matched/topped by anyone else except them. The networks, if they had any intuition at all, should've been able to see that.
Agreed. Them chemistry the three of them had on the original show was irreplaceable

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Newest group of guys are probably the best. Chris Harris is still there but there is a tall English guy and a Scottish guy I think, but the new Brit is nuts and is the one who wrecks and nearly kills himself all the time. Watched a few episodes and thought it was good but it isn't the original crew with Clarkson, Hammond, and May. Didn't realize also that the special I'm referring to is only one episode, but it was really entertaining.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Their "overnight" upgrades of the STi and RS4 were hilarious.

I couldn't believe that wreck though. Such a terrible idea to begin with but didn't actually think it would go bad given that you'd think they would plan ahead for it. My initial thoughts were wrong and May just sent it! Haha

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I couldn't believe that wreck though. Such a terrible idea to begin with but didn't actually think it would go bad given that you'd think they would plan ahead for it. My initial thoughts were wrong and May just sent it! Haha
Some of it seem very staged, but May's crash in the cave was real. When he went through the ice... fake (but funny).

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Some of it seem very staged, but May's crash in the cave was real. When he went through the ice... fake (but funny).
Yeah. Not a big fan of the fake stuff. The flamethrower coming from the Audi exhaust was a major turn off for me

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Before the accident even happened, I was wondering why they didn't start at the dead end, and race out of the tunnel. Would have seemed much safer.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Before the accident even happened, I was wondering why they didn't start at the dead end, and race out of the tunnel. Would have seemed much safer.
Or go quickly one after another so the lights don’t turn off. Those lights gotta stay on for at least a couple minutes I’d guess

blueovalfan

Established Member
I’ve always enjoyed watching the three amigos but tonight my 10 year old daughter sat down and watched it with me. She is cracking up at their antics

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread