Sounds to me like its a good time to go back to business school :-D

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Teachers and cops have NEVER made enough money and thats sads imho
sorry to hear of the layoffs

ViciousJay

Established Member
I havent heard of anything in Illinois... if anythign they are hiring more of each... teachers and cops... which is why im in training... the benfits are what im after!

0TriZzlePhatRid

Things suck here in FL. The real estate market is crap, people are setting their homes on fire becuase they are going into foreclosure.

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
Yup, I run a repair facility and I've never seen people in such financial dis-aray when I recommend services. I don't claim to be an economist but the current state of affairs in my area suggests people are broke and over-extended.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Sounds like bad state budget planning. I am doing my part to fight recession and buying a new car in 2008. What are you doing to fih=ght recession since it is a consumer driven phenomenon.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I don't claim to be an economist but the current state of affairs in my area suggests people are broke and over-extended.
Over extended is the PERSON's fault, not the economy's. People bought into short ARMs, no interest loans, bought more house than required, yada yada yada. That is why people are 'hurting.' They got greedy.

Why are teacher's getting laid off? Yeah, thats the right thing to do. How about cutting the pork, getting rid of useless Government works, etc. Nah wouldn't want to do that....that makes sense!

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
I'll remember how tough it is in California next time I am in town and am driving through Malibu ....

vortex03

Established Member
In February alone, TN lost 63,000 jobs. General Motors has plans to shut down 7 plants throughout the US. Chrysler is set to have a 2 week vacation during July 4th for EVERYONE. (corporate workers, CEOs, etc.)

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Sounds like bad state budget planning. I am doing my part to fight recession and buying a new car in 2008. What are you doing to fih=ght recession since it is a consumer driven phenomenon.

What would be consumer spending is going towards the high cost of oil. And businesses have to compensate for it also.
Oil prices impact the price of EVERYTHING.

boosted306

Established Member
This recession is caused by several factors that could have been avoided. It's sad that people are losing their jobs. I know that will hurt a great deal of people.

EDIT: I agree 100% with the statement above!

Last edited:

akula51

Me
Established Member
Maybe free health benefits for illegal immigrants is a good place to start? <laugh> You can't tell me that California isn't directly responsible for their current financial situation due to the legislation their elected officials have passed on behalf of their constituents who elected them. It's just not plausible.

It's like saying the banks are at fault for the ARM situation. Those folks who figured "wow, I'll just refinance in 3 years...I'll be doing better at work making more...I can afford 100k more house due to these new mortgages...cool" got greedy. Money ain't the root of all evil, greed is...

Ack

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
What would be consumer spending is going towards the high cost of oil. And businesses have to compensate for it also.
Oil prices impact the price of EVERYTHING.

But more stuff and keep America working.

50 Proof

Established Member

Perhaps a consumer driven economy will only lead to ultimate failure? Perhaps this government should be doing more to promote less consumer spending and promote more saving and investing. Then perhaps consumers wont be hurt so bad when inflation skyrockets because they'll have been educated enough to create cash cushions for themselves in times of need rather than creatively figure out how to spend more money that they don't have. But then if consumers turned into savers instead of consumers, perhaps all the CEOs running large money hungry corporations that control this country would bring home salaries of a few million each year instead of tens of million each year. Oh no, we can't have that.

Last edited:

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Perhaps a consumer driven economy will only lead to ultimate failure? Perhaps this government should be doing more to promote less consumer spending and promote more saving and investing. Then perhaps consumers wont be hurt so bad when inflation skyrockets because they'll have been educated enough to create cash cushions for themselves in times of need rather than creatively figure out how to spend more money that they don't have. But then if consumers turned into savers instead of consumers, perhaps all the CEOs running large money hungry corporations that control this country would bring home salaries of a few million each year instead of tens of million each year. Oh no, we can't have that.
The government should what? Are you crazy? Perhaps the government should stay out of each state's pocket books and let local leaders drive their economies. Encourage fiscal discipline, yes. manage or get into my capital, NO!
Consumers and producers need each other. Go one week without buying anything and get back with me.

Users who are viewing this thread