The GT350 is here!

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Sorry guys but i think this car is going to feel slow for having 500 plus hp. Track times(road course) will be great, handling and comfort will also be great. Collect ability, balance, sound will be pluses. IMO street cars need low end grunt or they're just no fun like when my 12 gt500 is heat soaked after being parked for five minutes. Also modding THESE cars will just ruin them if you ask me.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Correct, been worries this will be a "v-tech" like torque curve and less fun on the street.
We all just need to wait and see what comes out, but yes, keeping the revs up to have torque and acceleration maybe part of the FPC game.
-J

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It'll be fine. High rpm cars just need gearing.

550whp with bolt ons at 8200rpms, and 4.30 gears. Put that in a 3500lbs car with 425wtq and it'll be an easy 11 second car. Hell maybe 10's

Mystic_Cobra

Established Member
What kinds of lap times did you turn with the 4.6 vs the 5.0 coyote swap? Been curious on a Coy swap as a track car

Too many variables to say for sure. I've been having other issues with the chassis, rear end, etc. I'm easily 1-2 seconds faster per lap but don't have enough track time to give good hard data. I'm making 80+ more ft lbs of torque throughout the mid range with the same peak horsepower, the same weight, in the same class. The engine swap saved me weight up front too. I lost more than 30# off the nose of the car and had to add ballast to the rear (which is a good thing).

Mystic_Cobra

Established Member
You guys are funny... complaining about a track car being slow on a drag strip and around town. It'll be slow in a creek, too, I bet. :lol:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Sorry guys but i think this car is going to feel slow for having 500 plus hp. Track times(road course) will be great, handling and comfort will also be great. Collect ability, balance, sound will be pluses. IMO street cars need low end grunt or they're just no fun like when my 12 gt500 is heat soaked after being parked for five minutes. Also modding THESE cars will just ruin them if you ask me.

Having owned my GT500 for over 4 years and most of that being with 600+WHP, I can tell you that I'm, quite frankly, tired of having to baby the throttle all the time around town. Anything over 1/4 or 1/3 throttle (depending on road conditions) and it spins. I'm looking forward to having a V8 that I can wind out to get that aural delight that only a high-revving V8 can deliver. It'll be nice to be able to wind out more than just 1st and 2nd gear before having to shut it down on the street.

I don't get why people are so hell-bent on ruining the GT350 by trying to setup its power delivery (and suspension) for driving in a straight line for a few seconds. The Ecoboost and GT (and the V6) are more than capable of meeting whatever demand drag racers want. Why try to ruin the GT350? All this talk of how much boost it will take, etc. is just nuts. This is not the Mustang of the old days. The GT350 is being built to be a true driving Mustang, not a quarter horse. Aside from some tinted windows and maybe exhaust for an even sweeter sound, I can't imagine a thing I'd want to change about it. (Based on what little we know of it for now.) Well, if the magnaride suspension is optional, I'd probably opt not to get it just for the sake of keeping my aftermarket suspension options open. I still don't believe magnaride is the pinnacle of handling performance. If I can get a well sorted out traditional suspension without the weight of magnaride, I'm all in.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
We're expecting the power numbers to be released. Also, on a side note, it's rumored that Ford will be announcing a new Ford GT. We will see.

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Too many variables to say for sure. I've been having other issues with the chassis, rear end, etc. I'm easily 1-2 seconds faster per lap but don't have enough track time to give good hard data. I'm making 80+ more ft lbs of torque throughout the mid range with the same peak horsepower, the same weight, in the same class. The engine swap saved me weight up front too. I lost more than 30# off the nose of the car and had to add ballast to the rear (which is a good thing).

Thanks for the info. With my 98 the Coyote swap seems to be the way to go.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
So how much more information is expected to be released at Detriot in Janruary?
I'm hoping for at least a new color scheme and packages.

my guess would be that along with pricing. Maybe final HP/tq figures. Although with the 15GT IIRC the figures werent available on the V8 until the order banks opened

Users who are viewing this thread