the hard to find throttle cables...

redstang97

Established Member
Whats up guys, new to the forum! Ill post pics of my baby soon! Anyway..
So im in the middle of a 97gt 4v swap and those pesky throttle cables will not pop up anywhere for less than $100! (Cmon ford what happened here!)
Question is, are there any similar throttle cables and brackets from any other vehicle that I can modify to fit?

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
forget finding a new Bullitt cable....when I had mine, I think I bought the last one Ford had available..at least what I was told when I got it. when I sold my car....went quick.

redstang97

Established Member
ford parts people say there's no dealer in the U.S with cobra or bullitt cables. my luck huh?
oh also one other thing, i have a mark gen 2 intake on the block, not too sure if the bracket or cable length are different than the cobras.
even if they are the interchangeable, i still can't find either one cheap. modding an easy to find cable sounds worth the trouble.

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
the 01 cobra/mach 1 cable is close. I had one of those I had bought in case when I found the Bullitt cable. you might be able to use one of those.

redstang97

Established Member
the 01 cobra/mach 1 cable is close. I had one of those I had bought in case when I found the Bullitt cable. you might be able to use one of those.
hmm i have seen them for around the hundred dollar mark maybe someone can confirm the fitment. I mean the upper intake set up looks very similar so im hoping theyre the same!
Did you get to try the cobra/mach 1 cable on your bullitt?

95SC

Banned
96-98 Cobra throttle cable has different mounting end then all the other cables .I'll post picture for you on Sunday with all the cables together

96-98 Cobra
99-01 Cobra / 03-04 Mach 1
01 Mustang Bullitt edition
03-04 Cobra

redstang97

Established Member
please do! Im pretty sure i have all the proper equipment and skill to mod one up if given pics, lengths, and beers lol

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
hmm i have seen them for around the hundred dollar mark maybe someone can confirm the fitment. I mean the upper intake set up looks very similar so im hoping theyre the same!
Did you get to try the cobra/mach 1 cable on your bullitt?

no I did not, I had purchased the cobra/mach cable as a spare just in case prior to finding the last Bullitt cable. then i bought that one. never had to use either one since I sold the car.

redstang97

Established Member
Most likely ill end up coughing up the money, but i should at least attempt to make one and see if I can pull it off and maybe do a small write up on it. I have endless tools and time at my disposal

3rd X Cobra

Established Member
C head Cable!!!

iM DOING C HEAD SWAP ON MY 96 COBRA, AND JUST REALIZED I NEED A CABLE. :fm: After reading this thread, I guess I have no choice huh? I HAVE to buy one from a 99-01 Cobra or 03-04 Mach, correct? Those Lokar setups are for carb cars and seem like a PITA to fab up. Any help/suggestions/info is much appreciated. Thanks!!!!

ZeroDCX

Established Member
iM DOING C HEAD SWAP ON MY 96 COBRA, AND JUST REALIZED I NEED A CABLE. :fm: After reading this thread, I guess I have no choice huh? I HAVE to buy one from a 99-01 Cobra or 03-04 Mach, correct? Those Lokar setups are for carb cars and seem like a PITA to fab up. Any help/suggestions/info is much appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Or you could just use the B-Upper Intake to C-Lower Adapter plate and keep all your stock equipment in their respective locations.

Users who are viewing this thread